collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Unai Emery - our manager  (Read 707578 times)

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
Re: Unai Emery - our manager
« Reply #8280 on: March 11, 2024, 01:51:06 PM »
Dendoncker isn't even getting a look-in at Napoli, so his move seems a waste for all parties, all for the sake of saving a few pennies. I assume we can't recall him. I know he's not a saviour before anyone starts. But he's the best stopper we have/had with Kamara out.

Iroegbunam is way too raw and it would be unfair to expect him to be our lynchpin in the biggest two months of games we've had in years.

It's sink or swim time for Iroegbunam. Emery made this clear a few weeks back. He rates him higher than the Donk but I think that might say more about the Donk.

In any case, the guy next to him might be one of the most talented playmakers in the division but in the next few weeks he has to lead our midfield, not focus on goals and assists. Luiz threw in the towel in that second half yesterday and that's not acceptable. Play them together midweek again come what may. McGinn can run his bollocks off next to Watkins and not give Ajax time to play from the back.

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #8281 on: March 11, 2024, 02:25:25 PM »
He should have given timmy a start yesterday. Some young players thrive in games like yesterday.  Timmy did well vs ajax so im sure the thinking behind it is tk start him on Thursday night

Offline Duncan Shaw

« Reply #8282 on: March 11, 2024, 03:00:05 PM »
I think Tim did OK when he first came on yesterday to be honest, there were a couple of times he was really composed in possession.  Then the mad five minutes when they all went to rat-shit got to him as much as the rest of them.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #8283 on: March 11, 2024, 03:02:53 PM »
Poor system, poor errors, poor attitudes to adversity. It all coalesced and lead to the worst performance and result of the reign under Emery. Lots for them to watch in the videos and improve on before we book a quarter final spot and get 3 points closer to 4th come the close of play Sunday.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #8284 on: March 11, 2024, 03:12:47 PM »
I liked him going in to protect McGinn and pull him out of the melee following that challenge. He did the same when the same thing occurred earlier in the season with another player (I'm shit at this sort of detail).

Online Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #8285 on: March 11, 2024, 04:26:42 PM »
Kamara, who got a red for getting caught up in handbags at Brentford.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2024, 04:32:18 PM by Bad English »

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #8286 on: March 17, 2024, 01:10:03 PM »
The facebooks has just reminded me that two years ago today, my son* had won a competition to get to speak to the then manager and three players, Chambers, Bailey and Bert, via video. Shuddering times, ones that I'm hopeful I'll eventually be able to lock away in the mental box where I keep the knowledge we've not appeared in an FA Cup final since 1957.

*the missus.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #8287 on: March 17, 2024, 04:16:16 PM »
His substitutions today earned us a point.  He always seems to spot the issues and puts them right.  Half time subs of Lenglet and Duran were spot on. 

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #8288 on: March 17, 2024, 04:28:27 PM »
His substitutions today earned us a point.  He always seems to spot the issues and puts them right.  Half time subs of Lenglet and Duran were spot on. 

I wouldn't say he always spots the issues. We know playing Konsa instead of Cash has pretty much only worked in one game. Yet he persists with it, then has to change it to put the issue right.

Whilst he was more attacking with the two strikers and almost two wingers with Bailey and Rogers, it was also quite obvious that Moreno at the back would be exposed defensively and Tielemans, whilst great on the ball, is crap off it. My personal starter there would have been Tim or Chambers as they had three playing in that area and we needed to fill that as well.

Still if we had scored first / given the pen, we might have just pushed on and overwhelmed them.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #8289 on: March 17, 2024, 10:31:55 PM »
Unai Emery: "We have more players going to their national teams and we are happy for them. Other players and coaches will rest and then we have a new challenge at home against Wolverhampton in two weeks. I am going to prepare, starting from today, thinking in this match."

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #8290 on: March 17, 2024, 11:00:14 PM »
Seems his stress stye has come back as well.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #8291 on: March 18, 2024, 12:48:43 AM »
Unai Emery: "We have more players going to their national teams and we are happy for them. Other players and coaches will rest and then we have a new challenge at home against Wolverhampton in two weeks. I am going to prepare, starting from today, thinking in this match."

Can't he least have a day off and take Lander to the Bullring for some tapas and selfies with the bull?

Offline Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #8292 on: March 18, 2024, 12:54:32 AM »

Can't he least have a day off and take Lander to the Bullring for some tapas and selfies with the bull?

Best not, they might try and kill it.

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #8293 on: March 18, 2024, 07:10:31 AM »
I do respect how emery never seems to moan or blame VAR for wrong decisions. Its very rare to find that from a manager these days

Offline dcdavecollett

« Reply #8294 on: March 19, 2024, 01:38:48 AM »
I think Emery regards excuses (even when justified) as a distraction from improving performance.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal