collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Unai Emery - our manager  (Read 691752 times)

Online Londonvilla

Re: Unai Emery - our manager
« Reply #5370 on: June 07, 2023, 07:29:09 PM »

Online enigma

« Reply #5371 on: June 07, 2023, 09:36:46 PM »
Not for nothing does he have the reputation as the kneesiest of bees. His Roma spell was a bit of a disaster, but no-one averages 100.
Those days are a long way in the past though. He seemed to have the Midas touch at one time but has struggled somewhat in recent years.

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #5372 on: June 08, 2023, 06:09:37 AM »
Cant blame monchi on all the failurws like you cant give him all the credit for the successes.

There is a recruitment team and the one here is one that will be different from those other clubs.  There will be some flops, but there will be successes too.  Im confident with lord unai and the team in place we will see major improvements in the transfer market

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #5373 on: June 08, 2023, 05:22:18 PM »
"I’ve managed in Europe for the last 14 years and this is the first season I have missed out on it and I don’t want to miss out’,

As the future PM once said
"You didn't just get it over the line, you blew the doors off"

Absolutely brilliant! Emery is Spainish royal standard!

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #5374 on: June 09, 2023, 11:25:56 AM »
I saw a piece about how both Brighton and Brentford's owners come from the betting industry and they've both built recruitment models based on data analysis used in that industry. There's a lot of secrecy over their algorithms but as their key staff get head hunted, I would think other clubs would start to make better models themselves.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #5375 on: June 09, 2023, 11:33:23 AM »
Emery closing in on Sevilla's DoF....

https://www.football-espana.net/2023/06/06/sevilla-sporting-director-monchi-considering-exit-after-europa-league-victory

Behind The Ball: Meet Monchi, Master of the Transfer Market

a little from the man himself

He's great isn't he.
It's a shame the thread for discussion about him has been taken away yet things regarding Spurs and Villa are up there and even threads about Neil Crichton!

Maybe I will make a discussion about new sporting director thread as clear Emery wants someone in who aligns in his ways.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #5376 on: June 12, 2023, 11:09:40 AM »
I love what Emery has done so far and am very excited for the future.  But giving a manager this much control doesn't always end well.  We do seem to be putting all our eggs in one basket and if it does go wrong it feels like we'd be in post O'Neil territory.  Are there any other clubs where the manager has this much influence?

Online Dogtanian

• GM : 06.06.2024
« Reply #5377 on: June 12, 2023, 11:11:45 AM »
I love what Emery has done so far and am very excited for the future.  But giving a manager this much control doesn't always end well.  We do seem to be putting all our eggs in one basket and if it does go wrong it feels like we'd be in post O'Neil territory.  Are there any other clubs where the manager has this much influence?

It makes me a bit nervous too, you always need a few checks and balances.

I suspect it was a big part of luring him in though. I understand we offered the same to Poch too.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #5378 on: June 12, 2023, 11:12:29 AM »

Ferguson and Wenger are the two that spring to mind....

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #5379 on: June 12, 2023, 11:13:19 AM »

and O'Neil ;-)

Offline Drummond

« Reply #5380 on: June 12, 2023, 11:14:05 AM »

and O'Neil ;-)

Nah, he doesn't spring to mind. He has to be dredged from a very nasty place.

Online Dogtanian

• GM : 06.06.2024
« Reply #5381 on: June 12, 2023, 11:32:52 AM »

and O'Neil ;-)

Leicester?

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #5382 on: June 12, 2023, 11:35:09 AM »

This is a worry.

Offline Drummond

« Reply #5383 on: June 12, 2023, 11:35:51 AM »

and O'Neil ;-)

Leicester?

;D

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #5384 on: June 12, 2023, 12:41:32 PM »

For me, he still has to deliver, or like everyone before him he’ll be gone. They key is in identifying his replacement, if he does fail, to maintain an element of continuity of approach.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal