collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Aston Villa v Olympiacos - UECL Semi Final First Leg Pre Match by Axl Rose
[Today at 08:03:46 AM]

Re: Kits 23/24 by AV84
[Today at 08:02:04 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Axl Rose
[Today at 08:01:44 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Demitri_C
[Today at 07:56:49 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Smithy
[Today at 07:52:18 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Nev
[Today at 07:47:44 AM]

Re: Season Tickets - 2023/24 by Holte L2
[Today at 07:43:56 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Axl Rose
[Today at 07:42:16 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Unai Emery - our manager  (Read 711778 times)

Offline pablo_picasso

• Disclaimer: I may appear more grumpy than I am.
  • GM : 17.11.2024
Re: Unai Emery - our manager
« Reply #3975 on: March 20, 2023, 03:16:05 PM »
McLeish was just a crap manager who we shouldn't have touched with the shitty end of a stick, he wasn't an especially unlikeable bloke. The biggest wanker we've had was Martin O'Neill. He actually set out to damage us, and despite his mealy mouthed words recently I will never forgive the twat for that, and it's only now that we're finally recovering from the damage he laid the foundations for.  O'Leary was probably a bigger, naturally unlikeable wanker, but he never set out to deliberately sabotage us, so he's only number two on my list.

Same here with O'Neill.

His desperation to re-write history in an attempt to hock his fucking book means he is even more of a twat than I ever thought. But you are correct, he actively set out to damage us in a pathetic attempt to protect his own media mate driven reputation. He is number 1 on my despised list & never going to be removed from that.

Bruce & McLeish come after that, but just because they were so mind numbingly shit at their jobs.

Gerrard comes 4th.

I despised him as a Liverpool player for the cheating prick that he was & never wanted him & the Liverpool media circus that I knew would follow him, & all he did while at Villa was still be as arrogant as he was as a player, but with zero of the talent he had as a manager. If he had been at Villa for longer, he probably would have risen beyond Bruce & McLeish, but he was so shit at his job, he couldnt muster more time at the club tp pass them...

Thank you Jebus...

Offline pablo_picasso

• Disclaimer: I may appear more grumpy than I am.
  • GM : 17.11.2024
« Reply #3976 on: March 20, 2023, 03:18:31 PM »
By the end of their time here I had grown to really hate both Lambert and Bruce.  A lot of the rest were well-meaning but hapless berks.

I had a couple of conversations with Lambert. He was completely hapless & the most uninspiring conversationalist I have ever spoken to.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #3977 on: March 20, 2023, 03:19:24 PM »
My dislike for Lambert is right up there DOL and Martin the little shit O'Neil, he was the poster boy for everything that was wrong with that time and he had the temerity to describe a completely different match to the one everyone else experienced.
Bruce was just a big incompetent bluffer that has made millions out of being a bit thick.

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #3978 on: March 20, 2023, 03:30:07 PM »
Lambert - just a horrible piece of work full stop. Remember him just ripping into Jack Woodward on a personal level at one of the awards nights - with lots of uncomfortable shuffling and no laughing from the audience.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #3979 on: March 20, 2023, 03:39:48 PM »
I'd mostly agree with Risso's list but I'd have Mon 3rd bottom because there was a point in there where it looked like we might actually achieve something. I'd have Taylor up where Smith is though, purely on his 2nd stint, because despite us not having a great season I think he did a lot of good that dolly took credit for.

I only really started paying attention, other than watching match of the day with my dad sometimes, in the summer when Atkinson took over.

Online Vegas

• Location: N Yorks (user name is 10+ years old and was only briefly true)
« Reply #3980 on: March 20, 2023, 03:41:46 PM »
McLeish was just a crap manager who we shouldn't have touched with the shitty end of a stick, he wasn't an especially unlikeable bloke. The biggest wanker we've had was Martin O'Neill. He actually set out to damage us, and despite his mealy mouthed words recently I will never forgive the twat for that, and it's only now that we're finally recovering from the damage he laid the foundations for.  O'Leary was probably a bigger, naturally unlikeable wanker, but he never set out to deliberately sabotage us, so he's only number two on my list.

Same here with O'Neill.

His desperation to re-write history in an attempt to hock his fucking book means he is even more of a twat than I ever thought. But you are correct, he actively set out to damage us in a pathetic attempt to protect his own media mate driven reputation. He is number 1 on my despised list & never going to be removed from that.

Bruce & McLeish come after that, but just because they were so mind numbingly shit at their jobs.

Gerrard comes 4th.

I despised him as a Liverpool player for the cheating prick that he was & never wanted him & the Liverpool media circus that I knew would follow him, & all he did while at Villa was still be as arrogant as he was as a player, but with zero of the talent he had as a manager. If he had been at Villa for longer, he probably would have risen beyond Bruce & McLeish, but he was so shit at his job, he couldnt muster more time at the club tp pass them...

Thank you Jebus...

McLeish was a poor manager but seemed like a really decent bloke.  Nowhere near the top of any hate list for me - not even on the list to be honest. Same with Bruce.

There’s something much more hate-able about DOL, O’Neil and Gerrard.

Offline Simon Page

« Reply #3981 on: March 20, 2023, 03:43:00 PM »
Saunders was boss for my first game, so the definitive state view of our managers from him on is...

Love what they did and would want a drink with:
Barton, Taylor, Smith

Love what they did but wouldn't want a drink with:
Saunders, Atkinson, Little, O'Neill

Fine with what they did and would want a drink with:
Bruce

Something doesn't sit right:
Gregory

Wish they'd been better, no hard feelings, let's have a drink:
Venglos, McLeish

Largely forgot they were here:
Turner, Houllier

Somehow had their moments but God did it collapse:
O'Leary, Lambert

What, how and why?
Sherwood, Garde, Di Matteo

Wish they'd never been near us:
McNeill, Gerrard

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #3982 on: March 20, 2023, 03:50:33 PM »
If I could listen to one manager talking about anything it would be Sir Graham. If I could talk football with one - BFR. And one to have a drink with would be Alex McLeish.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #3983 on: March 20, 2023, 04:28:21 PM »
If I could listen to one manager talking about anything it would be Sir Graham. If I could talk football with one - BFR. And one to have a drink with would be Alex McLeish.

Just reading that article about Paul McGrath, it reinforces everything good about Sir Graham.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #3984 on: March 20, 2023, 05:38:03 PM »
McNeill, O'Leary and Gerrard. 3 massive wankers we've had as managers.

Just going to post something about O’Wanker. Gerrard is the 2022/2023 of David O’Leary. The more we recall his time the likelier we are to spit right afterwards. Both had minor moments of promise, but both had heads stuck up their own arses when it came to how they viewed themselves.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #3985 on: March 20, 2023, 05:42:39 PM »
At least Gerrard didn’t hang around, and thanks to Nas served up the funniest rage sacking ever!

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #3986 on: March 20, 2023, 05:46:38 PM »
What I’d have given to be a fly on the wall for that moment. Battered 3-0 at Fulham, luckily only 3-0 and he’s binned right after. I can see Nas steaming in, pushing Purslow to the ground and screaming a series of fuck offs and derivatives of you useless ****** to Lego head.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #3987 on: March 20, 2023, 05:47:15 PM »
Yeah, to be fair to Gerrard, that was a hell of a tough way to get sacked.

Remember that result and we all thought he might be gone in the morning but jesus, news out before the fucking coach had got back from London!

Someone on here (I think) said they were in the hospitality area at Fulham and Sawiris was visibly absolutely fucking fuming.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #3988 on: March 20, 2023, 05:51:29 PM »
I can't bring myself to hate Gerrard.

He were rubbish, but that's on the guy who selected him from a candidate list of one.

He (nearly) always spoke well about the club. And I get the impression he was desperate to do well. If for no other reason than he wanted the Redscouse gig.

Thought it was poor form from our lot to join in with the Fulham fans mocking him for the slip and all the rest of it when it was obvious he was going to get punted. Not a good look.

Houllier, DOL and - curveball - Eric Black top the bill for me. All gave off strong vibes of doing the club a favour just by being there.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #3989 on: March 20, 2023, 05:56:47 PM »
Him being on the coach back to Brum having being sacked will always be very very funny. Twat.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal