collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Unai Emery - our manager  (Read 705292 times)

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
Re: Unai Emery - our manager
« Reply #4140 on: March 23, 2023, 05:31:11 PM »
Emery is Basque so not Mediterranean.

EDIT: So is Arteta. I'll let Monty decide if De Zerbi is more Adriatic than Mediterranean.

I'd say he's both.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #4141 on: March 23, 2023, 05:33:39 PM »

EDIT: So is Arteta. I'll let Monty decide if De Zerbi is more Adriatic than Mediterranean.

I was going by the broad definition of their country of birth at least having a coastline on the Med, but you’ve got a point!
All romance speaking.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #4142 on: March 23, 2023, 05:36:57 PM »

I was going by the broad definition of their country of birth at least having a coastline on the Med, but you’ve got a point!

Would that include British managers by virtue of Gibraltar?

FWIW, the Mediterranean Diet has, since November 2010, been recognized by UNESCO as an Intangible Cultural Heritage of Greece along with Italy, Spain and Morocco.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #4143 on: March 23, 2023, 07:13:44 PM »

All romance speaking.

Interestingly, the part of the Basque Country Unai is from, right on the border, has the highest percentage of Basque speakers.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #4144 on: March 23, 2023, 07:41:32 PM »
Bloody foreigners, taking our jobs and...............

winning everything.

And in the case of Thomas Frank, having sex with all our women, whilst drinking a fine wine

Someone on here a few months ago said that he reminded him of a European skiing instructor who sleeps with one of his students. Made me laugh more than it should have.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #4145 on: March 23, 2023, 07:43:47 PM »

winning everything.

And in the case of Thomas Frank, having sex with all our women, whilst drinking a fine wine

Someone on here a few months ago said that he reminded him of a European skiing instructor who sleeps with one of his students. Made me laugh more than it should have.

Elis James said on the radio a while back that he doesn't trust him because he looks like a man whose only hobby is making love to his wife. I concur.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #4146 on: March 23, 2023, 07:44:54 PM »

winning everything.

I think that earlier post must of stuck with me sub consciously. Also Swiss Tony cones to mind

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #4147 on: March 23, 2023, 08:54:52 PM »

Other than Unai, De Zerbi and Arteta there wasn’t anything wrong with your post😳

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #4148 on: March 23, 2023, 10:43:22 PM »

winning everything.

Nah, too busy wanking

Story of my life

Offline algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #4149 on: March 23, 2023, 11:44:50 PM »

All romance speaking.

Interestingly, the part of the Basque Country Unai is from, right on the border, has the highest percentage of Basque speakers.
There’s some quite strict regulation on the border to make sure that every building has two doors, so that you don’t get a situation where you’re putting all your basques in one exit.

Boom tsh.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #4150 on: March 24, 2023, 10:20:23 AM »

All romance speaking.

There’s some quite strict regulation on the border to make sure that every building has two doors, so that you don’t get a situation where you’re putting all your basques in one exit.

Boom tsh.

Well let you know.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #4151 on: March 24, 2023, 11:33:17 AM »
Where is the Westernmost point of the Meditteranean Sea then? Gibraltar?

I'd never really considered that places west of Gibraltar wouldn't be viewed as the Med.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #4152 on: March 24, 2023, 11:34:06 AM »

All romance speaking.

Boom tsh.

I like that.

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #4153 on: March 24, 2023, 12:21:01 PM »
Where is the Westernmost point of the Meditteranean Sea then? Gibraltar?

I'd never really considered that places west of Gibraltar wouldn't be viewed as the Med.

Apropos nothing and a nod to Bob Dylan:

East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar,

I see the turning of a page, curtain rising on another stage,

But the groom's still waiting at the altar.

Offline dicedlam

• GM : 11.08.2024
« Reply #4154 on: March 24, 2023, 12:45:00 PM »

winning everything.

I think it was pauliewalnuts who made the comment. It went something like ''Thomas Frank looks like a ski instructor who ends up balls deep in his Scandinavian students''

It was a spitting coffee all over the keyboard moment.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal