collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Villa Park Redevelopment by Villan82
[Today at 11:19:56 AM]

Gordon Cowans by Nunkin1965
[Today at 11:01:49 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Nev
[Today at 10:25:19 AM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Baldy
[Today at 10:14:15 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Ian.
[Today at 10:01:07 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Villan82
[Today at 11:19:56 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by AV82EC
[Today at 11:16:36 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 11:11:04 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Clampy
[Today at 11:07:39 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by langleylions
[Today at 11:05:52 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Nunkin1965
[Today at 11:01:49 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Richard E
[Today at 11:00:08 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 10:58:06 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Student Discount (History)  (Read 548 times)

Offline Dominic22

Student Discount (History)
« on: October 04, 2022, 10:34:22 AM »
My Son who is a low-paid apprentice, and spends at least 25% of his time at university has had the letter from Villa, re-proving he is a student.
Reading the bits they have sent to him I understand he does not qualify as a student (appallingly in my view)

Villa emailed with the normal 2-line response with another email address to write to.... Did Villa ever issue discounts for this historically (YTS etc)? We are long-time season ticket holders who go to every away game so the seasons at this point blend into one so I can't recall if going back years ago what they did.

Maybe it's my frustrations with the club or the current climate but I do find Villa frustrating to deal with at the moment.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: Student Discount (History)
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2022, 10:57:52 AM »
What proof do they need? Surely if he's at university at least part time he'll be eligible for an NUS card?

Offline Dominic22

Re: Student Discount (History)
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2022, 11:51:01 AM »
Yes, you would think, but Villa has emailed to say they don't accept this or Student ID. He will spend 25% of his time there this academic semester and then 50% the next.

He will not qualify for the discount. I just think it's really poor not just because it's him but in general and an age of fan we need to keep going for the club's benefit.  I think within the villa there is the mindset that fans have and will always be there, at the moment they are but I remember differently and it was not that many years ago.

For the first time in many seasons, I have not bought my away ticket (Newcastle) straight away. I know there are plenty to take it but I remember the phone calls to persuade us to renew we used to get if we were slightly late and I don't believe the massive waiting list story for a second.

At present quite a few (both home and away) buy tickets as they understand or believe if they don't they won't get another chance. Hence loads buy away tickets as they feel they have to keep that reference up.  If that ever changes they might have more issues. As mentioned I recall half-empty home and away ends. 

Not normally a harvester of doom but given the economy and most normal people suffering and an underperforming or just mediocre premier league team. This coupled with a quite large price increase and stealth increases for some (not me) suffered by Villa changing categories leads to life and economic choices being made.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal