collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa Park Catering.....  (Read 35944 times)

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
Re: Villa Park Catering.....
« Reply #120 on: August 15, 2022, 10:42:03 PM »
I agree, it has always been shit at VP when it comes to getting food and drink, but it really cannot be all that difficult can it? Does the club genuinely give a flying fcuk about it, because it really doesn’t appear to be the case, and on the back of this season’s ticket price hike it’s not a good look at all. Has anyone seen anyone in authority walking the concourses at half time to see the size of the issue (although walking through a concourse down there is a challenge in itself)?

Offline Towser

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #121 on: August 16, 2022, 10:39:25 AM »
I had a email this morning from Lee thanking me for my complaint and saying it had been passed on to the relevant party. I even got a complaint reference number

Many thanks for your email below.

We have logged your email in to our complaints process with complaint reference number xxxxxx and offer our apologies you have had cause to complain.

Your comments will be passed on to colleagues who will contact you with our response and in line with our complaint procedures.

Best wishes

Lee
« Last Edit: August 16, 2022, 11:10:41 AM by Towser »

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #122 on: August 16, 2022, 11:04:05 AM »
I didn't say I agree with it, but that's the law. I guess the argument would be that if you took it to its extreme posittion and ran a licensed premises where everybody sat and drank nothing but free tap water all day, you'd still have all the costs such as rent, wages, electricity, insurance etc, but no income.

& in your solicitors piece he makes of the piece of law that says you must supply a ‘customer’ with tap water and says the definition of ‘customer’ would give grounds for challenge - this could reasonably apply if even one person took up space in your establishment drinking tap water all day.
However, this clearly doesn’t apply at Villa Park where we have already paid quite a lot of money to get in and are very clearly ‘customers’ of the establishment.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #123 on: August 16, 2022, 11:05:16 AM »
Do they still supply Bovril?

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #124 on: August 16, 2022, 02:25:34 PM »
Do they still supply Bovril?

Jesus asking for that would send the catering stsff into a panic!

Offline Towser

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #125 on: August 16, 2022, 03:43:26 PM »
I had a email this morning from Lee thanking me for my complaint and saying it had been passed on to the relevant party. I even got a complaint reference number

Many thanks for your email below.

We have logged your email in to our complaints process with complaint reference number xxxxxx and offer our apologies you have had cause to complain.

Your comments will be passed on to colleagues who will contact you with our response and in line with our complaint procedures.

Best wishes

Lee
Now received this one from Sarah who is head of retail according to her email signature
Good Afternoon

Thank you for your feedback following the Everton game on Saturday 13th, please accept my  apologise that the service levels weren’t at our usual standards.

Due to increased temperature’s we had multi technical failures affecting service levels, this caused increased pressure in the concourse area, coupled with increased volumes of beverage being served,  resulted in stock movement issues around the stadium.

We have worked hard close season on enhancing our concourse areas, with increased street traders, additional draught bar facilities and new food varieties to give greater variety to the Villa Fans.

We have fully reviewed all feedback from the game and are working with the team to implement remedial actions in readiness for our next home game against  West Ham on Sunday 28th.

Thank you again for feedback.

Sarah

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #126 on: August 16, 2022, 03:48:59 PM »
Wrong type of sun?

Offline Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #127 on: August 16, 2022, 03:49:36 PM »
Not a catering issue but my daughter said that there was only one working stall in the Ladies toilets in the Upper Doug Ellis.
They’ve had all closed season to sort that out. They clearly need a decent Facilities Manager.
My other half said the same although she did qualify it by saying that the other two in that area were blocked with blue paper towels so you have to say users weren’t helping

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #128 on: August 16, 2022, 03:54:13 PM »
Did the staff just melt then,  hence the lack of them ?

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #129 on: August 16, 2022, 04:05:06 PM »
Did every other stadium in the country have multi technical failures because it a was bit hotter than usual? Who would ever have thought it may be hot in August.

Offline Flin5tone

• Say NO to Monster
« Reply #130 on: August 16, 2022, 04:15:08 PM »
I think the club believes we all want fancy 'street food' and that reply above to the email says it all.
I seen absolutely no change on last season and the fact they're blaming the weather and stock issues is absolutely ridiculous as it's been like this for years. Until they listen to us the people actually attending the match they will never know.

I imagine people are paid big money to sit around a table talking garbage with little end result.  How we will all love a street burger and so on, we just want a fast,simple service.

They said they have added a new draught bar but that takes time, we need simple bottle bars and simple fast food .

It's an absolute disgrace and we owe an apology to the away fans who in the lower tier will have been in full sun

If you want a fancy burger head to OPM after the match. I dread to think what 'Villa live' will be like .
« Last Edit: August 16, 2022, 04:18:16 PM by Flin5tone »

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #131 on: August 16, 2022, 04:15:46 PM »
“ usual high standards”
Fkinell

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #132 on: August 16, 2022, 04:19:07 PM »
Pre-poured pints, bottle bars, cashless system.  It doesn't take a series of focus groups/think tanks to make it work. An organised, moving queue system too - order, pay, collect as you go.

Offline Dave P

• GM : PCM
« Reply #133 on: August 16, 2022, 04:38:29 PM »
“ usual high standards”
Fkinell

That reply doesn't say 'high', just 'usual standards lol.

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #134 on: August 16, 2022, 04:40:36 PM »
The most annoying thing is the apostrophe in ‘temperature’s’ (sic.)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal