collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Victorious Aston Villa (and passports!) 2 - Brighton 1 Post Match Thread  (Read 20394 times)

Offline Deano's Mullet

21 is record in 1992-93 but over 42 games.

18 is joint second best with 1995-96 season.

We managed 17 wins in 1997 and again in 1998 and then MONs last two seasons.  I think Dean Smith managed 16 two seasons ago.

Offline ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
Ta DM

Offline Behind Bluenose Lines

• Location: Hanging on in Quiet Desperation During a Global Pandemic
  • GM : 28.06.2024
The custard bowl dweller at work avoided me like the plague today.
On the flip side, 2 of my Brighton fan nephews were happy for me despite their team losing, and glad that we'd pipped Spurs to Europe.

Lot of ringing ears after the final whistle from that epic atmosphere, it seems: mine certainly were while queuing for the ladies in the Lower Holte afterwards. Can't remember the last time that has happened.

That 6 minutes of added time made me suffer nearly as much as the 7 at the play-off final, mind!

BTW, hi KinPer!

Offline KinPer

The custard bowl dweller at work avoided me like the plague today.
On the flip side, 2 of my Brighton fan nephews were happy for me despite their team losing, and glad that we'd pipped Spurs to Europe.

Lot of ringing ears after the final whistle from that epic atmosphere, it seems: mine certainly were while queuing for the ladies in the Lower Holte afterwards. Can't remember the last time that has happened.

That 6 minutes of added time made me suffer nearly as much as the 7 at the play-off final, mind!

BTW, hi KinPer!

The Spurs must have been very upset  ;D
Villa deservedly won that match! A terrific free-kick and a rather odd penalty... I've re-watched the highlights of that match.

Thanks for the cheers everyone :)

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
Welcome to our H&V community KinPer and congratulation on picking the most famous Aston Villa as your team. . I take it your comment regarding free kick and penalty is about the match against Spurs?

Offline dcdavecollett

What a day!

Had a decent cup of tea in the cafe in the Hall. Walked down to the Trinity then right up to Row Z (no sign of Alan Hansen). Got emotional listening to Jed's farewell appearance. Thought the interviewer could have found more questions to ask Olof, as his interview seemed on the short side.

Fantastic noise from the crowd.

Game starts and Villa get off to a fast one. Leon nearly scores. Jacob had one run (strangely not shown on MotD highlights) where he beat three players, suggesting he might become the player that Grealish threatened to be. Lovely first goal but then Brighton come back hard. Great pass from Leon for the second, LB then almost scores with this right foot. They get one back before Emi makes a really good one-on-one save (again, not shown on MotD)

Second half we stayed back a bit more and a good Brighton side with an awesome bench rarely troubled us. The noise in stoppage time made my hearing cut out for a few minutes!

The relief at the final whistle, followed by Wembley-style celebrations =a great feeling. Well done the lads and Emery -what  a manager!!

Offline dcdavecollett

Oh, and a special mention to the last few Brighton fans who left after the celebrations were about done.

About a dozen of them were moving to the exits and applauded the Villa fans in the Lower North as they came down the stairs.

Well done to them!

Offline lovejoy

Been away and just saw MOTD. There looked about 4 Brighton players offside at the freekick (which was a clean tackle). Can anyone explain why VAR overruled this "clear and obvious error"?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal