collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Unai Emery - our manager by ROBBO
[Today at 04:59:13 AM]

FFP by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 04:08:44 AM]

International Rugby by dcdavecollett
[Today at 01:12:03 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by DeKuip
[Today at 12:01:20 AM]

West Ham v Aston Villa post match by Pat McMahon
[March 18, 2024, 11:47:36 PM]

Games Moved for TV by Percy McCarthy
[March 18, 2024, 11:00:20 PM]

Press-ing on by Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle
[March 18, 2024, 10:48:26 PM]

Luton A by purpletrousers
[March 18, 2024, 10:24:29 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by ROBBO
[Today at 04:59:13 AM]

Re: FFP by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 04:08:44 AM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by adrenachrome
[Today at 02:23:42 AM]

Re: FFP by adrenachrome
[Today at 02:10:34 AM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by dcdavecollett
[Today at 01:38:48 AM]

Re: International Rugby by dcdavecollett
[Today at 01:12:03 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by DeKuip
[Today at 12:01:20 AM]

Re: West Ham v Aston Villa post match by Pat McMahon
[March 18, 2024, 11:47:36 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Crest Review  (Read 266852 times)

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 14.03.2024
Re: Crest Review
« Reply #1410 on: March 25, 2023, 05:39:51 AM »
Imagine the internet being around in ‘85 when Henson dropped the logo from the shirt. I loved that kit as a ten year old kid but I guess their was many a raised eyebrow.

I had the full kit in yellow, wore it with pride all around L'Estartit on holiday after relegation.

Got a few strange looks as a 40 year old 2016.
The other week, we were driving through l'Estartit looking for somewhere to have lunch. SWMBO informed me that  one of the top-rated restaurants on Trip Advisor was "O'Malley's friendly Irish restaurant". So we kept driving. The best of the Costa Brava is elsewhere. :-)

Offline AlexAlexCropley

« Reply #1411 on: March 25, 2023, 10:35:37 AM »
Imagine the internet being around in ‘85 when Henson dropped the logo from the shirt. I loved that kit as a ten year old kid but I guess their was many a raised eyebrow.

I had the full kit in yellow, wore it with pride all around L'Estartit on holiday after relegation.

The other week, we were driving through l'Estartit looking for somewhere to have lunch. SWMBO informed me that  one of the top-rated restaurants on Trip Advisor was "O'Malley's friendly Irish restaurant". So we kept driving. The best of the Costa Brava is elsewhere. :-)
Tossa ?

Offline jon collett

« Reply #1412 on: March 25, 2023, 12:42:03 PM »
Suspect it’s because they lost the Japanese copyright case and nobody in their right mind would have a heraldic rampant lion facing right.

Shows a lack of pride and heritage.

Lots of people will say it doesn’t matter but I think it does given it’s about identity, heritage and continuity.

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
« Reply #1413 on: March 25, 2023, 06:40:23 PM »

Tossa ?
Wanker! ;-)

Tossa de Mar is quite nice, Bégur is select, Cadaqués is pretty and has added Dali, Matisse & co, Cap de Creus, St Martí d'Empuries has Roman ruins, Palfrugell...

I prefer the inland towns (Pals, Paratallada, Toroella...)

I would avoid Lloret, l'Estartit, Roses, Escala etc. but if you like the touristy stuff like you get at Arenal in Majorca* then they are fine.

*Another place where the beauty is not where the Brits and Germans are. :-)

Offline Small Rodent

• GM : 30.11.2024
« Reply #1414 on: March 25, 2023, 10:00:44 PM »
The Queen faced left, and the King faces right. Maybe our future king had a word....

They change direction after each monarchs death. The only time they didn’t change it was for nazi-sympathiser narcissist Edward VIII because he wanted to show his “good side”.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1415 on: March 26, 2023, 10:45:12 AM »

The place was half built in 1987, used to have to clamber over a pile of rubble by the beach to get to the old town. Primary memory is fighting a spannish kid in the arcade who'd tried to push me off Wonderboy

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #1416 on: March 26, 2023, 10:56:53 AM »
it was :)

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #1417 on: March 27, 2023, 08:43:00 AM »
And who's to say which way is facing forward?  It's just ridiculous.

If you say that it’s facing the same way as the writing, then I suppose it is facing forward.
I hadn't thought of it that way.  It feels like a stretch to me but it's the best explanation I've heard.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #1418 on: March 27, 2023, 10:50:36 AM »
My first ever holiday with friends rather than family was 2 horrific weeks in Calella in 1984, aged 16. To make it ever worse, we went by coach.

One of our group couldn't stand it and went home after a week. I wish I had. It was awful, we just ended up fighting amongst ourselves all the time, and the area was an absolute shit hole.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1419 on: March 27, 2023, 11:00:47 AM »
My first ever holiday with friends rather than family was 2 horrific weeks in Calella in 1984, aged 16. To make it ever worse, we went by coach.

One of our group couldn't stand it and went home after a week. I wish I had. It was awful, we just ended up fighting amongst ourselves all the time, and the area was an absolute shit hole.

My first lads' holiday was just up the coast from there in Lloret de Mar. What a fucking shithole that was as well back then (it might still be for all I know). The people I was with insisted on going to the same English café every night for pie, chips and mushy peas. I did get to indulge in a fair bit of what might be descibed by Footy as immoral behaviour though. And I hardly spoke a word of Spanish the whole time I was there.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1420 on: March 27, 2023, 11:58:55 AM »

We went by coach too as the old man didn't like flying. The scenery was great as a kid to be honest, but you'd be fucking baking in there coming into Spain in the morning after driving the night through France with nothing but cans of lukewarm coke or those crappy vending machine squash drinks.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #1421 on: March 27, 2023, 12:06:45 PM »

We went by coach too as the old man didn't like flying. The scenery was great as a kid to be honest, but you'd be fucking baking in there coming into Spain in the morning after driving the night through France with nothing but cans of lukewarm coke or those crappy vending machine squash drinks.

I've never heard of anyone using their todger as a reason not to get on a plane before.

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
« Reply #1422 on: March 27, 2023, 12:17:44 PM »
Lloret is still a shithole bit don't worry about Spanish, they prefer to speak Catalan. :-)

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #1423 on: March 27, 2023, 02:46:16 PM »
And who's to say which way is facing forward?  It's just ridiculous.

If you say that it’s facing the same way as the writing, then I suppose it is facing forward.
I hadn't thought of it that way.  It feels like a stretch to me but it's the best explanation I've heard.

Yeah it just occurred to me the other day too.

Offline nigel

« Reply #1424 on: March 29, 2023, 08:22:27 PM »
Not logo related, but I didn’t want to start a new thread
All I can say is ‘Fkin hell’

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal