collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

FFP by paul_e
[Today at 05:46:12 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Footy-Vill
[Today at 05:42:02 PM]

Robin Olsen by AV84
[Today at 05:29:05 PM]

Season Tickets - 2023/24 by Lastfootstamper
[Today at 05:28:11 PM]

Champions League Contention by Footy-Vill
[Today at 05:27:35 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by astonvilla82
[Today at 05:25:54 PM]

Joe Gauci - Signed by Footy-Vill
[Today at 05:25:04 PM]

Tim Iroegbunam by ChicagoLion
[Today at 05:22:42 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by paul_e
[Today at 05:46:12 PM]

Re: FFP by Dave
[Today at 05:44:20 PM]

Re: Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Footy-Vill
[Today at 05:42:02 PM]

Re: FFP by Nev
[Today at 05:39:45 PM]

Re: Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Footy-Vill
[Today at 05:32:19 PM]

Re: FFP by pablo_picasso
[Today at 05:31:28 PM]

Re: Robin Olsen by AV84
[Today at 05:29:05 PM]

Re: Season Tickets - 2023/24 by Lastfootstamper
[Today at 05:28:11 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Diego Carlos  (Read 132299 times)

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
Re: Diego Carlos
« Reply #855 on: December 03, 2023, 08:38:21 PM »
Why play him though? Torres and Konsa are our best pairing in the middle. Emery keeps fucking about with the away line ups then changes things at half time when we’ve played really badly.

Yep this
Absolutely ridiculous to try keep preserving with something that doesn’t work

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #856 on: December 03, 2023, 08:39:08 PM »
He was clearly resting Cash/trying to avoid another booking though. It’s of our own making, but our squad is deficient at right back. It didn’t work out, but it’s pretty clear he’s trying to manage the squad.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #857 on: December 03, 2023, 08:56:48 PM »
Why play him though? Torres and Konsa are our best pairing in the middle. Emery keeps fucking about with the away line ups then changes things at half time when we’ve played really badly.

Yep this
Absolutely ridiculous to try keep preserving with something that doesn’t work

Playing RB isn't helping Konsa either.  Can see the logic of giving him minutes, but Konsa has become a key player at CB for us.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #858 on: December 03, 2023, 09:06:50 PM »
It's a back 3 when we're in possession though. There was a great tackle from Konsa.

Online Olof's Beard

« Reply #859 on: December 03, 2023, 10:05:18 PM »
He's so hard to assess. He came in with a big reputation, got injured in his 2nd game, was integrated back into the squad exceptionally slowly and has played intermittently since. In fairness to him, it isn't surprising that he lacks rhythm. That said, the first goal was pretty shocking, he compounded the casual pass by chasing the ball and leaving us wide open. He stops tracking Solanke for the chance Emi saved from point blank range too. I was surprised Konsa went off not him.

Keeping the non first teamers sharp and ready must be one of the hardest aspects of building a squad to challenge on multiple fronts and it's showing at the moment for us.

Offline dorsetvillian

• GM : PCM
« Reply #860 on: December 03, 2023, 10:36:21 PM »
I think I will put my faith in Uni to choose  when and where Carlos should play. It's a difficult balance rotating a squad and not something Villa have really needed to do in the past. Uni is a master at this as his track record proves.

Offline VillaTim

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #861 on: December 03, 2023, 10:45:33 PM »
He certainly looks the perfect specimen , reminds me of Frank Bruno who aesthetically looked a perfect heavyweight boxer but was flawed. He's a very good player no doubt but not a top 4 defender and would get found out in business end games.

Online AV84

« Reply #862 on: December 04, 2023, 12:09:14 AM »
Sometimes I think it's kind of unfair to judge some of the players who seem to get played in different combinations every game.

Obviously they do need to be able to adapt like that, but as pointed out, Carlos is basically new to the league this season, and he's playing with different people either side of him from game to game.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #863 on: December 04, 2023, 12:46:08 PM »
UE has to be mindful of what happens in the case of injuries/suspensions. If Konsa was out for instance, how disastrous could it be to bring Carlos in having hardly played in two years?

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #864 on: December 04, 2023, 12:52:49 PM »
If anything, he is too big - which could be affecting his speed and mobility.

Look at the size Micah Richards was when he played for us - slow, turning circle of a supertanker (as well as being a dickhead).

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #865 on: December 04, 2023, 02:02:28 PM »
I think I will put my faith in Uni to choose  when and where Carlos should play. It's a difficult balance rotating a squad and not something Villa have really needed to do in the past. Uni is a master at this as his track record proves.

Emery got it wrong with Carlos last two games. It's definitely not worth moving our best defender out of position to accommodate him.

Online AV84

« Reply #866 on: December 04, 2023, 02:03:49 PM »
If anything, he is too big - which could be affecting his speed and mobility.

If we could somehow transfer some of his bulk to Torres we'd be sorted.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #867 on: December 04, 2023, 02:25:56 PM »

Emery got it wrong with Carlos last two games. It's definitely not worth moving our best defender out of position to accommodate him.

Why would he be trying to accommodate him? He didnt buy him. He's just giving him occasional game time. If we get an injury to either Konsa or Torres, then he'll have to come in.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #868 on: December 04, 2023, 02:31:46 PM »

Why would he be trying to accommodate him? He didnt buy him. He's just giving him occasional game time. If we get an injury to either Konsa or Torres, then he'll have to come in.

Lenglet has performed a lot better and should be first in in case of an injury to Torres anyway.

Online AV84

« Reply #869 on: December 04, 2023, 02:42:43 PM »

I don't think the deciding factor in yesterday's lineup was Emery wanting to accommodate Carlos. It's far more likely he wanted to rest Cash, and the only way we can do that at the moment is to move Konsa out one, and then Carlos has to be brought in to partner with Torres.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal