collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Calum Chambers -signed by Footy-Vill
[Today at 05:52:03 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by Drummond
[Today at 05:49:46 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by paul_e
[Today at 05:48:23 PM]

Season Tickets - 2023/24 by Nii Lamptey
[Today at 05:48:08 PM]

FFP by paul_e
[Today at 05:46:12 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Footy-Vill
[Today at 05:42:02 PM]

Robin Olsen by AV84
[Today at 05:29:05 PM]

Champions League Contention by Footy-Vill
[Today at 05:27:35 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Calum Chambers -signed by Footy-Vill
[Today at 05:52:03 PM]

Re: Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by Drummond
[Today at 05:49:46 PM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by paul_e
[Today at 05:48:23 PM]

Re: Season Tickets - 2023/24 by Nii Lamptey
[Today at 05:48:08 PM]

Re: FFP by paul_e
[Today at 05:46:12 PM]

Re: FFP by Dave
[Today at 05:44:20 PM]

Re: Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Footy-Vill
[Today at 05:42:02 PM]

Re: FFP by Nev
[Today at 05:39:45 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Diego Carlos  (Read 132358 times)

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
Re: Diego Carlos
« Reply #795 on: September 23, 2023, 10:55:24 AM »
UE said Diego Carlos will return to training next week which is just what we need right now. He can act as a leader of the defence in Tyrone's absence. I'd like to see him in a back 3 alongside Konsa and Torres  with Cash and Moreno pushed further forward as wing backs. This formation worked really well at Burnley giving the defence more physicality. Carlos might well make the bench against Everton and return against Brighton.
cash is crap as a wing back.
I hate 3 at the back.

Seems to do it pretty well against Burnley.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #796 on: September 23, 2023, 12:48:04 PM »
We played 3 at the back for a lot of last season with Ashley Young effectively being a third centre back to allow Moreno to push on. It's just that nobody thinks of Ash being such.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #797 on: September 23, 2023, 01:06:02 PM »
We played 3 at the back for a lot of last season with Ashley Young effectively being a third centre back to allow Moreno to push on. It's just that nobody thinks of Ash being such.
yes but it was more a lop sided back 4 as opposed to the 3 centre halves and 2 WB.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #798 on: September 23, 2023, 03:16:23 PM »

Young was comfortable doing that. Really don't think Konsa would be in a similar role. It's not really looking like Carlos will stay fit either.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #799 on: September 23, 2023, 07:34:15 PM »

Young was comfortable doing that. Really don't think Konsa would be in a similar role. It's not really looking like Carlos will stay fit either.

Well he might - he’s got a minor hamstring injury after coming back from a horrific long-term problem. It’s hardly indicative of the fact he can’t stay fit longer term.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #800 on: September 23, 2023, 11:19:06 PM »
UE said Diego Carlos will return to training next week which is just what we need right now. He can act as a leader of the defence in Tyrone's absence. I'd like to see him in a back 3 alongside Konsa and Torres  with Cash and Moreno pushed further forward as wing backs. This formation worked really well at Burnley giving the defence more physicality. Carlos might well make the bench against Everton and return against Brighton.
cash is crap as a wing back.
I hate 3 at the back.

Seems to do it pretty well against Burnley.

Played tight-midfield in that game, in front of Konsa at right-back.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #801 on: October 20, 2023, 01:10:14 PM »
I think Carlos should be in the back line again alongside Konsa and Torres whenever there is a danger of what likes of West Ham bring. Because Torres biggest weaknesses are in the air and his physicality if we have the imposing Carlos alongside them then this helps with the style of West Ham players likes of Soucek, Antonio, Zouma and Aguerd.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #802 on: October 20, 2023, 01:13:21 PM »
I think Carlos should be in the back line again alongside Konsa and Torres whenever there is a danger of what likes of West Ham bring. Because Torres biggest weaknesses are in the air and his physicality if we have the imposing Carlos alongside them then this helps with the style of West Ham players likes of Soucek, Antonio, Zouma and Aguerd.

I think we'll need Cash at right back going forward against West Ham though, who will sit in tight. I think I'd be resting Carlos for this one.

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #803 on: October 20, 2023, 01:16:44 PM »

I think we'll need Cash at right back going forward against West Ham though, who will sit in tight. I think I'd be resting Carlos for this one.
I think one of the fullbacks could not start.
Basically Emery has Konsa and Carlos over this international period and Digne to work with.

I think it's important to have 3 centre backs in this one.
Maybe both fullbacks will be made wingbacks as an option for them to all fit in.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2023, 01:19:09 PM by Footy-Vill »

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #804 on: October 20, 2023, 01:21:12 PM »

Agreed mate but Konsa is horrid at right back. Bringing Carlos in also means moving Cash and McGinn from their best positions. Think we should take our chances with Torres and keep a better balance in the team.

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #805 on: October 20, 2023, 03:51:48 PM »
The main thing I fear about West Ham is their headed goals.
They scored 5 most in the league.
Emery will be aware of this and he'll have a plan.
He'll also be aware of how West Ham deliberately allow the teams to have a lot of the ball in their final third.

Have every faith whoever he selects and maybe Carlos will come on if he isn't selected.

Offline Risso

« Reply #806 on: October 20, 2023, 03:54:07 PM »
I think Footy has indirectly highlighted a problem Emery has, ie who is his first choice central defensive pairing now, and should he be playing Konsa at right back? I don't like Ezri at RB much, it's all a bit similar to O'Neill sticking Mellberg or Cuellar there.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #807 on: October 20, 2023, 03:55:40 PM »
I think Footy has indirectly highlighted a problem Emery has, ie who is his first choice central defensive pairing now, and should he be playing Konsa at right back? I don't like Ezri at RB much, it's all a bit similar to O'Neill sticking Mellberg or Cuellar there.

Olof, long cross-field hoof to the left wing, right back Mellberg?

Online RamboandBruno

« Reply #808 on: October 22, 2023, 10:09:59 AM »

Konsa is having a great season so far, but I would worry about him at RB up against the pace of Bowen.

Offline Risso

« Reply #809 on: October 22, 2023, 10:11:58 AM »

Konsa is having a great season so far, but I would worry about him at RB up against the pace of Bowen.

Bowen plays on the other side though, so worry no more.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal