collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Footy-Vill
[Today at 05:32:19 PM]

FFP by pablo_picasso
[Today at 05:31:28 PM]

Robin Olsen by AV84
[Today at 05:29:05 PM]

Season Tickets - 2023/24 by Lastfootstamper
[Today at 05:28:11 PM]

Champions League Contention by Footy-Vill
[Today at 05:27:35 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by astonvilla82
[Today at 05:25:54 PM]

Joe Gauci - Signed by Footy-Vill
[Today at 05:25:04 PM]

Tim Iroegbunam by ChicagoLion
[Today at 05:22:42 PM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Diego Carlos  (Read 132234 times)

Offline Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
Re: Diego Carlos
« Reply #735 on: July 27, 2023, 06:04:00 PM »
I like the bit where he made Vinicius look like a rag doll and was rewarded with Warnock calling him an adonis, that's the sort of raw strength we don't have enough of in the squad.

Nice.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #736 on: July 27, 2023, 06:25:36 PM »
I like the bit where he made Vinicius look like a rag doll and was rewarded with Warnock calling him an adonis that's the sort of raw strength we don't have enough of in the squad.
Like Emery and instead of a brute, I much like a player who is delicate in touch and is adept with the ball. Brutes on the other hand are poorly disciplined and award too many fouls.
The English have always had some desire for the pyhsical as seen by Gerrard but under Emery, we are more interested in players like Pau Torres. There's no need to always asking to engage in all this physical force in football it doesn't win things.

Offline CT Villan

« Reply #737 on: July 27, 2023, 06:31:11 PM »
Only watched on the tv, but I thought his defending was much improved over Sunday. His passing was not quite where it needs to be, but he'll improve.

Offline dr.chekov

« Reply #738 on: July 27, 2023, 06:38:42 PM »
Yeah, I thought the same. His passing wasn't great. Mind you, the passing in general was mostly average last night.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #739 on: July 27, 2023, 07:53:04 PM »
I like the bit where he made Vinicius look like a rag doll and was rewarded with Warnock calling him an adonis that's the sort of raw strength we don't have enough of in the squad.
Like Emery and instead of a brute, I much like a player who is delicate in touch and is adept with the ball. Brutes on the other hand are poorly disciplined and award too many fouls.
The English have always had some desire for the pyhsical as seen by Gerrard but under Emery, we are more interested in players like Pau Torres. There's no need to always asking to engage in all this physical force in football it doesn't win things.

It's probably a mixture of finesse and a brute is ideal in a CB partnership. Ferdinand and Vidic come to mind. Even Guardiola last season went for four physically strong defenders and dropped likes of Laporte and Cancelo . PL defending does require physical power, let's not forget how cloggers like Kieffer Moore bullied us on the opening day last season. A back 4 of Cash/Konsa/Torres/Digne would be rinsed at PL time defending set pieces. We need Mings in there until such time as the others prove they are better, they won't is my punt.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #740 on: July 27, 2023, 08:09:43 PM »
Only watched on the tv, but I thought his defending was much improved over Sunday. His passing was not quite where it needs to be, but he'll improve.

Yeah, I thought the same. His passing wasn't great. Mind you, the passing in general was mostly average last night.

He's not noted for his distribution. I do wonder how much he fits Emery style.

I remember once posting Tim Vickery comments.
Vickery is a South American expert pundit who especially strong on commentating on Brazilian players.

"He is maybe a Terry Butcher in reverse. One of those centre-backs that looks better than he is. Terry Butcher played three World Cups without any mistakes. He was much better than people gave him credit for. – Diego Carlos has those moments where he is the king of the hill, but I worry about the mistakes.”

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #741 on: July 27, 2023, 08:28:28 PM »

He's not a fucking brute, do you even think before you post such utter bollocks?

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #742 on: July 28, 2023, 01:45:27 AM »

He's not a fucking brute, do you even think before you post such utter bollocks?

Were Olof Melberg and Martin Laursen brutes? Of the Viking persuasion?

FV has subjected most of our pre-Emery players to his critique and found them deficient in myriad ways. If they are not wassailing they are engaging in lewdness, swinging the lead or slow on the uptake. Now we have brutes.   

Online Dogtanian

• GM : 06.06.2024
« Reply #743 on: July 28, 2023, 07:59:12 AM »
I quite like a big brute. You don't want a team full of em, but you do need one or two.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #744 on: July 28, 2023, 09:56:48 AM »
Wassailing Lewdness - African Car Reverser's comeback, if he has any sense.

Online eamonn

« Reply #745 on: August 05, 2023, 10:43:12 PM »
What's the craic with this chap - missing again tonight, is he finished with us? A lot of money on fee and wages, even if fit do we really need him?

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #746 on: August 05, 2023, 10:46:07 PM »
What's the craic with this chap - missing again tonight, is he finished with us? A lot of money on fee and wages, even if fit do we really need him?

No idea, he's just back from a long term injury so happy to wait and see before getting into unfounded speculation.

Online eamonn

« Reply #747 on: August 05, 2023, 11:01:10 PM »
C'mon, speculation, founded or otherwise, is allowed in Roscommon, surely...what else you gonna do there? ;)

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #748 on: August 05, 2023, 11:07:34 PM »
C'mon, speculation, founded or otherwise, is allowed in Roscommon, surely...what else you gonna do there? ;)

Steal sheep, obviously.

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #749 on: August 05, 2023, 11:11:03 PM »

We've got an 11th century castle and an Abbey of similar age and a few good pubs, not to mention the thousands of sheep!  You're always welcome Eamonn I'll show you around. Dublin in 90 minutes.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal