collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Gareth
[Today at 08:33:33 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 08:32:13 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 08:31:53 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Steve67
[Today at 08:27:01 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by luke95
[Today at 08:26:48 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Steve67
[Today at 08:21:30 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Risso
[Today at 08:16:07 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by pablo_picasso
[Today at 08:07:11 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Diego Carlos  (Read 122587 times)

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
Re: Diego Carlos (Out injured)
« Reply #450 on: August 15, 2022, 11:17:19 AM »
Get well soon DC.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #451 on: August 15, 2022, 11:27:01 AM »
Sad for Diego, but the situation is not drastic.  He himself was still coming to terms with the premiership.  I'm still more concerned at the other end of the pitch.

Offline SaddVillan

• 1000 ft up in the hills gazing down on Manchester
« Reply #452 on: August 15, 2022, 11:27:21 AM »
Hause is probably going to leave - he must know he was 5th choice behind Carlos,  Mings, Konsa, Chambers and possibly behind  Feeney too.

Feeney is too young to be risked. So we need a replacement.
But what type of player?

We've spent £28m on DC, how much is left in the kitty and is that earmarked for a MF and a CF?

Do we go short term and bring in a stop gap, or get somebody who has long term potential should we decide to move out some of pur centre back roster n the future?

Are there any decent free agents we could sign reasonably quickly/easily - saving a fee.

If we want to pay - how much, will the selling club play hardball knowing we're "desperate" and can we persuade somebody to move from his existing club - if so at what cost

Quite a lot for Johann & Co to think about and work through in the coming days.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 11:29:50 AM by SaddVillan »

Offline Nunkin1965

• This is only a problem.
« Reply #453 on: August 15, 2022, 11:30:29 AM »
Mings, Konsa and Hause are a car crash set of defenders.
We're now down to just Chambers who is any good.
If we don't get another centre half in we'll concede so many goals.
Worried for us if truth be told.
I think the centre halves have much better protection now with Kamala in the side and they will improve because of him.
I don't see a bad car crash happening but I might be wrong.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #454 on: August 15, 2022, 11:34:24 AM »
Could this be the opportunity for Feeney to step up to the regular squad?
He looked calm, assured and comfortable on the ball in pre-season.
I know it may be a little early, but sometimes a young player thrives on an unexpected opportunity.
2 from 5. Mings, Konsa, Hause, Chambers, Feeney

That was my thought. If it's a little too soon and and we're getting a decent fee for Hause could we maybe look for a stop gap signing like Chambers to cover whilst young Josh develops?

Gutted for the big man, looked decent and seems to have integrated well with the South American contingent if the social media snaps with Emi are anything to go by.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #455 on: August 15, 2022, 11:39:42 AM »
Curtis Davies (remember him) got an achilles injury midway through his first season and was back for the start of the next one.

There wasn't a noticeable lack of pace when he returned; he even looked quite good - alongside Laursen.

Alongside Cuellar it was comedy defending.

Offline Dave P

• GM : PCM
« Reply #456 on: August 15, 2022, 11:50:28 AM »
Gutted for him as he looked good on Saturday. The only 'positive' is that the window is still open. Hopefully a replacement can be found. Let's hope it doesn't come at the expense of any other targets.

And that's the point.  Our defensive cover is still good enough imo so it shouldn't detract from any other targets.  The only transfer decision to make now is not letting Hause go.

I don't agree with this. Gerrard obviously wasn't happy with the three options we had, otherwise he wouldn't have spent that much on Carlos. Konsa was mostly shit last year, and he was shit against Bournemouth.

As others have said, we were all mostly shit against Bournemouth, Carlos included.  Chambers didn't play that game and he'd be my choice to take over at centre half as I think transfer priorities are elsewhere in the team.

Offline cdward

« Reply #457 on: August 15, 2022, 11:53:51 AM »
Is Christopher Samba still knocking about?

Offline Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #458 on: August 15, 2022, 12:04:28 PM »
I didnt see what happened, but it seems the injury event was rather innocuous. This is a 29 year old player who has played in the top leagues without apparent problem for a number of years. Together with our recent injury history, this does start to raise nagging doubts re our training regimes.
Whatever about training regimes, i hope it wasn't another case of a player being allowed to play on only to seriously exacerbate the issue. If so, the medical staff need sacking.

Online WarszaVillan

• GM : 06.10.2023
« Reply #459 on: August 15, 2022, 12:08:45 PM »
We should keep Hause for another season and stick with what we've got. A Konsa of two seasons ago is more than good enough and Chambers looks very good as well. With Kamara in midfield this should be enough, although if he gets injured we're fucked.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #460 on: August 15, 2022, 12:11:40 PM »
That's a big blow I hope he comes back stronger.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #461 on: August 15, 2022, 12:13:01 PM »
Feeney looks fine, but will hardly get any game time and it would be better for his development to play on loan.

More imprortantly the idea was to imprive the starting XI as Gerrard obviously doesn't have enough confidence in Mings / Konsa / Chambers.  Personally I always felt we had bigger problems but I wouldn't be surprised if we go back into the market.  Gerrards can't afford to wait for Diego to get fit, he could well be out of a job by then.  So unless he's seen something in pres season that has changed his mind then surely we'l be looking hard for a replacement.

Anyone know if insurance kicks in to cover wages etc for this type of injury?

Offline frank black

« Reply #462 on: August 15, 2022, 12:16:52 PM »
We should keep Hause for another season and stick with what we've got. A Konsa of two seasons ago is more than good enough and Chambers looks very good as well. With Kamara in midfield this should be enough, although if he gets injured we're fucked.

Chambers has looked good when played that’s for sure. It’s just the nagging doubt I have about how consistent he is when having a decent run in a team. The fans view from Arsenal is that he goes off the boil. But I guess we’ll never know until it happens.

Offline Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #463 on: August 15, 2022, 12:17:09 PM »
The defence looked so shaky last year because of the lack of cover in front of them. I'd still be focusing on another midfielder and someone up front. At least there's a bit of time left in the window.

Offline john2710

« Reply #464 on: August 15, 2022, 12:17:51 PM »
It's a real blow, both for Diego & the club. We need a replacement both as a defender and a leader. We cannot go with what we had last season & expect to improve our position in the league.

If they can find someone, it'll come at the expense of other areas of the squad not improving. I think it'll be a loan. Whilst the window is open for a couple of weeks, it won't be easy to just find a someone who fits the criteria.

Anyway get well soon Diego.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal