collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Diego Carlos  (Read 122589 times)

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
Re: Diego Carlos - Signed Confirmed Definitely Signed Really
« Reply #270 on: June 01, 2022, 09:45:28 PM »
Some ****** on FB bleating “Not another fucking foreigner”.

What’s wrong with these filth?
The main reason I came off FB a long time ago. It's infested with moronic racist twats and bigots.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #271 on: June 01, 2022, 09:51:38 PM »
Nobody left to coach him though, typical Villa. Disgrace!

He signed months ago and they've just announced it to boost flagging season ticket sales IMO. Would have been confirmed earlier but he was stuck on the so-called "waiting list".

Disgrace!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2022, 09:55:30 PM by cdbearsfan »

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #272 on: June 02, 2022, 06:14:29 PM »
Welcome to Aston Villa Diego.

Offline dcdavecollett

« Reply #273 on: June 03, 2022, 01:12:40 AM »
As the saying goes, he looks like he's got muscles in places where I don't even have places.

Offline Londonvilla

« Reply #274 on: June 26, 2022, 03:34:24 PM »

Tactical Breakdown on Diego Carlos, Aston Villa's newest powerhouse

This video made me very happy

Online Dogtanian

• GM : 06.06.2024
« Reply #275 on: June 26, 2022, 04:20:56 PM »

Tactical Breakdown on Diego Carlos, Aston Villa's newest powerhouse

This video made me very happy

Sounds good!

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #276 on: June 28, 2022, 09:25:28 AM »
Even though satisfied with the level of Carlos quality, I have seen him play numbering times and am surprised in some ways Gerrard has taken him as he's no ball-playing defender.

First and foremost, he's a defender who is aggressive, so on that side, very Gerrard. However,
ability-wise, he's like a hybrid of Mings and Chambers. He has
a mistake in him, has fouls in him, and can concede penalties, not to mention his discipline.
What he does offer is experience, a bit of class (though no Thiago Silva) and doesn't let many opponents get past him due to his sheer physical abilities, determination and good defending.
Like I say, think Chambers and Mings.

What I compare him too is that he's fine like Mings and Hause's ability to head out of his own box. What is exciting and where he is better than any current squad member, including Konsa or Hause, is that he can attack the ball in the opposition box, so he will be a great goal threat and asset. He's more Martin Laursen than Nathan Baker.

It is definitely a strong player we have signed, but he doesn't totally inspire with his wayward passing from deep and sometimes misguided defending.
More pros than cons, though I'd be worried seeing him against anyone with real pace, but I'd back him on most one-on-ones.
Let's go, Diego!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2022, 09:32:05 AM by Footy-Vill »

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #277 on: June 28, 2022, 09:36:05 AM »
Oh good, Footy's back with his passive-aggressive cricitisms.

Whoscored has his passing success in La Liga as 88% last season and 90% the season before that, and rates his passing as "strong". He was also part of the third best defence in Europe last season. I'll take that all day long thanks.

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #278 on: June 28, 2022, 09:54:01 AM »

South  American expert Tim Vickery has it right
"He is maybe a Terry Butcher in reverse. One of those centre-backs that looks better than he is. Terry Butcher played three World Cups without any mistakes. He was much better than people gave him credit for. – Diego Carlos has those moments where he is the king of the hill, but I worry about the mistakes.”
« Last Edit: June 28, 2022, 09:59:34 AM by Footy-Vill »

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #279 on: June 28, 2022, 10:00:00 AM »

Whoscored has his passing success in La Liga as 88% last season and 90% the season before that, and rates his passing as "strong". He was also part of the third best defence in Europe last season. I'll take that all day long thanks.

Almost no criticism, just observation and providing forum members with information about our new centre back. his passing from deep to the opponents' half is not amazing. He's no Beckenbauer when it comes to bringing the ball out.

First and foremost, he's a solid defender who's not afraid to attack the ball and bustle any player. Having Mings next to him in certain games won't actually help either player.
Like a strong Ruben Dias, but not as good on the ball. I think he's a solid acquisition. But I stand by my observations.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #280 on: June 28, 2022, 10:47:22 AM »

Almost no criticism, just observation and providing forum members with information about our new centre back. his passing from deep to the opponents' half is not amazing. He's no Beckenbauer when it comes to bringing the ball out.

First and foremost, he's a solid defender who's not afraid to attack the ball and bustle any player. Having Mings next to him in certain games won't actually help either player.
Like a strong Ruben Dias, but not as good on the ball. I think he's a solid acquisition. But I stand by my observations.

Almost no criticisms?

You just told us how Tim Vickery has it right when he tells us he's a bit flaky because he makes a lot of mistakes and is seen as better than he actually is.

Make your mind up.

Offline mike

« Reply #281 on: June 28, 2022, 11:04:39 AM »

Almost no criticisms?

You just told us how Tim Vickery has it right when he tells us he's a bit flaky because he makes a lot of mistakes and is seen as better than he actually is.

Make your mind up.

Just saying he will give away penalties is saying he will cost us points, many games are won or lost by a single goal.

Offline Risso

« Reply #282 on: June 28, 2022, 11:17:56 AM »
Sevilla came 4th and had the best defence in La Liga, and in fact the best defence of the major leagues in Europe after Liverpool and Man City, and he was the mainstay of that defence. He got 7 yellow cards, not bad for a central defender and half that of his defensive partner and well down the list of the worst culprits in Spain. But other than that, yeah, spot on Tim Vickery, great analysis.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #283 on: June 28, 2022, 11:20:28 AM »
When were those comments made as well? Vickers usually makes those comments on what he sees in South America, which would have been years ago in this case.

Offline Risso

« Reply #284 on: June 28, 2022, 11:24:51 AM »
They kept 16 clean sheets in the league last season too.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal