collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Diego Carlos  (Read 130763 times)

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
Re: Diego Carlos (Out injured)
« Reply #705 on: July 08, 2023, 11:05:53 PM »
They're all no reps.

You've lost me, I haven't been in a gym since 1989.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #706 on: July 08, 2023, 11:12:30 PM »
Hips stay north of his knees. Likely because of his injury, but its not a full squat as a result.

Shifting 130kg there pretty reasonably though, albeit with a Smith Machine.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #707 on: July 09, 2023, 06:57:08 AM »
https://twitter.com/ArchivoAVFC/status/1677439501906395136 Pah, OCD probably does 150kg min. :)

180kg for 5 and 145kg for 12 this morning. Ads would be calling no rep on me too though as I can't get to 90 degrees :).
« Last Edit: July 09, 2023, 07:01:20 AM by OCD »

Offline Scott Nielsen

« Reply #708 on: July 10, 2023, 03:46:10 AM »
Hips stay north of his knees. Likely because of his injury, but its not a full squat as a result.

Shifting 130kg there pretty reasonably though, albeit with a Smith Machine.

Full ROM is not really how athletes mostly train but I agree the depth looks a bit in no man's land. T&F athletes (and other runners) predominantly do half/quarter squats as it translates better to the requirements of their individual sports. Training specificity and all that.

I expect his physio wants to see some explosiveness on the concentric with good hip extension and it looks pretty good from that perspective.

Offline Scott Nielsen

« Reply #709 on: July 10, 2023, 03:46:57 AM »
https://twitter.com/ArchivoAVFC/status/1677439501906395136 Pah, OCD probably does 150kg min. :)

180kg for 5 and 145kg for 12 this morning. Ads would be calling no rep on me too though as I can't get to 90 degrees :).

How are your knees nowadays?

Offline OCD

« Reply #710 on: July 10, 2023, 11:01:12 AM »
No problem with the knees. I had to have my ankles reconstructed a few years ago so given the amount of metal in my ankles, I've got very poor ankle mobility.

Offline Scott Nielsen

« Reply #711 on: July 10, 2023, 01:49:13 PM »
Well, there you go. I was absolutely sure you got shiny, new knees some years back!

With reconstructed ankles I suppose it was ligaments? What happened?

Offline OCD

« Reply #712 on: July 10, 2023, 02:02:15 PM »
I wish there was an interesting story behind. The truth is that I don't know and the consultants were never able to tell me definitively what it was.

I was getting a lot of ankle sprains playing football and my physio advised me to get a referral for an MRI scan. At first it was just my left ankle, the foot was landing more and more in a sprain position.

In all the various tests they ran, they couldn't diagnose it. They considered Charcot Marie Tooth Syndrome (CMT) but there wasn't any nerve damage. It's likely though that it was some neurological disorder that I genetically inherited.

I was advised to have a reconstruction that would change the shape of my foot and lower the arch of my foot.

Then in the follow-up appointments, we recognised that the same thing was starting to happen in my right foot. And they recommended that I then had that foot reconstructed so that there would be less arthritis in the foot by doing it before it got much worse.

It's about 8 years on and the only difference it makes to daily life is that I'm just slower going downstairs because I can't point my toes down. Every step is with a flat foot.

Online AV84

« Reply #713 on: July 11, 2023, 10:56:07 AM »
There's a video up on YouTube of them training yesterday. He seems to be doing everything everyone else is doing so fingers crossed he's fully fit and ready to go.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #714 on: July 17, 2023, 01:07:22 PM »
Did you see how poor he was for the Walsall goal - he looked like a pub player his jump was so badly timed.

I remember him looking like that at Bournemouth last year but gave him the benefit of the doubt as was new to the league etc.

The highlights of the Walsall gave were crap so anyone there can tell me he is the world beater most thought hewas?

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #715 on: July 17, 2023, 01:12:24 PM »
That was possibly his first game back since his very long lay off so he's was always going to be a bit rusty.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #716 on: July 17, 2023, 01:17:09 PM »
Did you see how poor he was for the Walsall goal - he looked like a pub player his jump was so badly timed.

I remember him looking like that at Bournemouth last year but gave him the benefit of the doubt as was new to the league etc.

The highlights of the Walsall gave were crap so anyone there can tell me he is the world beater most thought hewas?

Impossible to tell one way or another from a friendly against a 4th division team mate.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #717 on: July 17, 2023, 01:28:48 PM »
I appreciate the opposition but still some questions like

Does he have any pace?
Was he looking comfortable on the ball?
Did he get stuck in?
He has a great passing reputation - any evidence of it?
How were any other ariel challenges?

Just the basics

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #718 on: July 17, 2023, 01:40:49 PM »
Well, firstly give the bloke a chance. He may not prove to be good enough to get in the team ahead of other players but I wouldn’t leap to any conclusions yet. Secondly, now we’ve seen some better form and better consistency from Konsa and Mings and we’ve signed Torres I’m not going to get too worried about it anyway. I just wish the bloke all the best in getting up to full fitness so that he can continue his career.

Offline Russ aka Big Nose

« Reply #719 on: July 17, 2023, 01:53:02 PM »
I had a link for the game, though given it was not a compelling encounter I can't say I was glued to it and taking notes.

Walsall were happy to sit in, and not especially expansive in possession other than the last few minutes and he was off at that point. So, he was not tested for pace. When we had the ball they did not press aggressively, rather they filled spaces trying to block passing lanes, they did not drop deep.

They had a physical unit playing at 9 (possibly a trialist) and he handled him pretty well - trying to nick the ball in front a few times, which did prompt me to think that could be a risk if he tried it against more accomplished players.

He maybe lost out once or twice, though I think they were (borderline) fouls. The ref was favouring Walsall in any decisions - including being over-indulgent with one numpty that came on for them, No. 16, who was charging around crashing into players which is not the 'done thing' in a pre-season friendly.

He was paired with Feeney, so as the more senior pro, he attempted more of the progressive, forward passes. One or two early on were overhit, but he did make some good, precise passes into the likes of Buendia and Watkins.

Though for the most part, as Luiz was playing with him, Dougie dropped deep to start attacks rather than either CB bringing it out.

We went longer into Watkins than was the case for the second-half of last season, though I thought it was more purposeful than the stuff with Gerard, i.e., less of a ball into a channel for Watkins to chase in hope - though that might be me giving credit to Emery.

I thought he did OK, without being spectacular. Though given the opposition and the balance of play it was probably tough for a CB to look more than assured/competent. UTV

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal