collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by TheMalandro
[Today at 11:47:02 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Somniloquism
[Today at 11:45:55 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by KevinGage
[Today at 11:45:43 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[Today at 11:44:16 AM]

[Today at 11:42:22 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 11:32:37 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Somniloquism
[Today at 11:32:10 AM]

[Today at 11:29:53 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Diego Carlos  (Read 130487 times)

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
Re: Diego Carlos
« Reply #1110 on: March 15, 2024, 12:36:45 PM »
I like having a player of his quality to come into the team, but I agree in the current FFP climate I'd expect us to cash in.  It will be a fraction of what we paid though.

Wouldn't that make FFP position worse ? Crystallising a loss or something .I don't really understand it though.

Depends on whether we get £13m or more, as we'll have amortised half of his reported £26m fee.
Plus I assume the reduced wages is part of the calculation.

But if he's got another severe hamstring injury I think with his record for us there's next to no chance of anyone paying to take him on next season.

Offline Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1111 on: March 16, 2024, 01:29:24 PM »
I thought he was good Thursday so disappointing he's out again

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #1112 on: March 16, 2024, 01:46:21 PM »
He was good against Ajax, he’s not really had much since arriving with injuries. It’s a really shame.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #1113 on: March 17, 2024, 12:14:52 PM »
Glad the thing on Twitter I saw (ruptured achilles) was wide of the mark. Could have sworn it was the official Twitter as well, must have been a spoof.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #1114 on: March 17, 2024, 01:01:54 PM »
Glad the thing on Twitter I saw (ruptured achilles) was wide of the mark. Could have sworn it was the official Twitter as well, must have been a spoof.

Haha, on the bench today!

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #1115 on: March 17, 2024, 01:10:04 PM »

Haha, on the bench today!

Everyone is after clicks and likes these days

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #1116 on: April 08, 2024, 01:49:09 PM »
Really poor performance in the main v Brentford. Sone basic errors in his positioning. Has he got the discipline to follow Emery instructions?
Too much for Carlos to play games close together?

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #1117 on: April 08, 2024, 06:27:12 PM »
Really poor performance in the main v Brentford. Sone basic errors in his positioning. Has he got the discipline to follow Emery instructions?

I don't think he has, I think that's a big part of his problem.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #1118 on: April 08, 2024, 06:43:01 PM »
the 9 minutes of madness was a consequence of several defenders going missing, Konsa, Torres and Digne being 3. Carlos was also to blame, but it was a collective problem. Before that, I was thinking that he looked pretty good.

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #1119 on: April 08, 2024, 07:06:50 PM »
Just seemed positional sense had really gone to miss.DC is  quite psychical But he's only won 45% aerial duels in his 16 league starts and  Pts per match earned for when Carlos plays is an average of 1.62.

Interesting he has a higher completions % at short , middle and long passing than Pau Torres.

Pau Torres has started 22 matches. 6 games more.
Has a 52% winning of aerial duels
And Pts per match with Pau 2.17

Offline VillaTim

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #1120 on: April 08, 2024, 07:10:32 PM »
Aside from his average defending, Gives the ball away too much in the Emery system. He does have a lovely long diagonal pass in him though which is often inch perfect .

Offline Flamingo Lane

« Reply #1121 on: April 08, 2024, 07:37:02 PM »
the 9 minutes of madness was a consequence of several defenders going missing, Konsa, Torres and Digne being 3. Carlos was also to blame, but it was a collective problem. Before that, I was thinking that he looked pretty good.

Not just defenders went missing. In that nine minutes we scarcely put two passes together. And it was obvious we were being destroyed down our right hand side, without anyone acting to stop it. Essentially, the whole team went missing.

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #1122 on: April 08, 2024, 07:40:51 PM »

Not just defenders went missing. In that nine minutes we scarcely put two passes together. And it was obvious we were being destroyed down our right hand side, without anyone acting to stop it. Essentially, the whole team went missing.
I guess Emery is giving them experience to team-build and gain resilience, character, responsibility, and consistency.
Gerrard would be calling out players, saying which ones he can or can't rely on.
Emery is putting his trust in players to put it right before making too many subs.

Offline Steve67

« Reply #1123 on: April 08, 2024, 07:51:02 PM »

I agree Flamingo.  It was a shitshow all over the pitch for 9 crazy minutes. 

Offline VillaTim

« Reply #1124 on: April 08, 2024, 08:01:47 PM »

A similar thing happened at Luton down that side . We seemed to forget that side of the pitch needed any sort of input .

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal