collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Would You Bet Against Us?  (Read 1555 times)

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Would You Bet Against Us?
« on: May 24, 2022, 10:47:40 PM »
If you've not seen it yet, this is a play based on you-know-what.

t’s 1982. Aston Villa beat Bayern Munich 1–0 to win the European Cup. They remain one of only five English teams to win the biggest prize in club football – yet no one thought they stood a chance.

Around the corner, 16-year-old Paul’s geography teacher tells him he would amount to absolutely nothing.

Aston Villa were complete underdogs. So was Paul… And Paul’s geography teacher was a complete ********.

Would You Bet Against Us? marks the 40th anniversary of an iconic event for Aston Villa, for Birmingham and for Paul. Created by The Rep and renowned storytellers Told by an Idiot and written by Brummie and life-time Aston Villa fan Paul Hunter, this is a hilarious, poignant, and uplifting show about challenging expectations and proving people wrong.

Pub Quiz  – Wednesday 25th May

Join Artistic Director, Paul Hunter, as he tests how claret and blue your shirts really are. Grab a pint and join Told by an Idiot on Wed 25 May for a Villa themed quiz. Will you get your hands on the trophy?

https://www.birmingham-rep.co.uk/whats-on/would-you-bet-against-us/

Offline SaddVillan

• 1000 ft up in the hills gazing down on Manchester
Re: Would You Bet Against Us?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2022, 12:54:58 PM »
Tickets booked for 4th June - looking forward to it.

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2022, 05:56:04 PM »
Got my tickets for Saturday 4th June. Because of a change in circumstances I now have a spare ticket. Available free to anyone on this site. Let me know if you are interested.

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2022, 05:56:52 PM »
Got my tickets for Saturday 4th June. Because of a change in circumstances I now have a spare ticket. Available free to anyone on this site. Let me know if you are interested.

Ps...afternoon

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2022, 06:03:52 PM »
My brother went last weekend and said it was great. We’re going but my mate has booked the tickets but not sure what date.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal