collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Skerra
[Today at 11:28:45 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by David_Nab
[Today at 11:20:28 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[Today at 11:19:47 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Axl Rose
[Today at 11:15:52 PM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 11:09:51 PM]

MOTD by PeterWithe
[Today at 11:07:30 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Steve67
[Today at 10:58:00 PM]

Robin Olsen by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:54:37 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Boubacar Kamara - out for the season  (Read 169214 times)

Offline itmustbe_it is!

Re: Boubacar Kamara - out for the season
« Reply #1530 on: February 12, 2024, 08:27:14 PM »
If thats another ACL then we gotta start asming are they being pushed too much during training. You dont have three ACLs in one season. Its unheard of

FFS give it a rest, it's boring the life out of the rest of us.
he was right though

Well he is and he isn’t. Correctly stating the injury. However, ACL injuries are down to twisting your knee in the wrong direction, what they do in training has zero to do with this. Unless they are training them in how to get an ACL injury.

How do you know they are not being asked to tackle in a certain way? I know someone who did their ACL by just getting their studs caught its not that simple to say its just how the kneels positioned.

How do we know all the demanding training sessions are not having a impact on their bodies? 3 ACLS in a season is crazy. It cant be a coincidence two arsenal players did theirs under emerys team and villareal had another at villareal. I just find it too much of a coincidence

Im sure ill get shot down and im not saying 100% this is the case but unless someone shows me proof you cant 100% say its not a factor

Sorry if it sounds a bit conspiracy theory its not suppose to be

Yeah, consider yourself shot down. Utter nonsense , with all due respect

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #1531 on: February 12, 2024, 08:28:17 PM »
If thats another ACL then we gotta start asming are they being pushed too much during training. You dont have three ACLs in one season. Its unheard of

he was right though

Well he is and he isn’t. Correctly stating the injury. However, ACL injuries are down to twisting your knee in the wrong direction, what they do in training has zero to do with this. Unless they are training them in how to get an ACL injury.

How do you know they are not being asked to tackle in a certain way? I know someone who did their ACL by just getting their studs caught its not that simple to say its just how the kneels positioned.

How do we know all the demanding training sessions are not having a impact on their bodies? 3 ACLS in a season is crazy. It cant be a coincidence two arsenal players did theirs under emerys team and villareal had another at villareal. I just find it too much of a coincidence

Im sure ill get shot down and im not saying 100% this is the case but unless someone shows me proof you cant 100% say its not a factor

Yeah you really have persuaded me with that post with all due respect =)

Someone show me the evidence that its impossible there is no link

Online Goldenballs

« Reply #1532 on: February 12, 2024, 08:33:03 PM »
What a fucking disaster. What's our record without him in the team, anyone know? Sure I saw that it was pretty dismal but can't find the stat to back that up.

Offline Villa Lew

• GM : 16.08.2024
« Reply #1533 on: February 12, 2024, 08:33:37 PM »
Terrible news absolutely gutted for him.

Offline itmustbe_it is!

« Reply #1534 on: February 12, 2024, 08:33:43 PM »

he was right though

ACL injuries are dynamic, traumatic injuries. You've offered no data to back up your assertion that overtraining , or inappropriate training , whatever,, is a potential risk factor for ACL injuries in elite athletes. Find me a peer-reviewed medical or sports journal that suggests it is.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #1535 on: February 12, 2024, 08:38:45 PM »

he was right though

No, you should prove that what you suggest has happened, actually has. You surely can't with any sense if seriousness ask people to prove hairbrained ideas are bollocks.

Online Smithy

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #1536 on: February 12, 2024, 08:38:58 PM »

he was right though

You can't prove a negative. No one can prove it has nothing to do with the training regime any more than I can't prove it's not because a witch put a curse on our overly sweaty tops. 

What you CAN do, is make and argument FOR something, with supporting evidence.  There have been more ACL injuries this year, across the game, generally speaking.  I've no idea why. It could just be a statistical anomaly. It could be something else entirely.  The chances of being related to coaching are slim to none - as others have said, if the players were being 'overworked' to the point of failure, there are LOADS of things that would go long before an ACL.

Offline Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #1537 on: February 12, 2024, 08:42:10 PM »
As two of the ACLs were in games I’m not sure there could be a direct link to training…though I’m sure I read that they are doing studies into ACLs with particular focus on the women’s game as they had loads in the last couple of years. 

Guess they will look at training as part of that but also the way the pitches are absolutely saturated, the protection given or not from the boots, whether the ball is too light to give resistance.

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1538 on: February 12, 2024, 08:42:28 PM »
We've lost three players of widely differing physiques that play completely different positions. If it was down to the training we'd be losing players of one type, surely?

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #1539 on: February 12, 2024, 08:46:32 PM »
Saying 3 ACL’s for 3 different players over several months is impossible or unheard of is nonsense and statistically has no base. It’s an open ended possibility with many inputs and outputs and enormous levels of variability in the object concerned, that being the athlete. It is total conjecture and absolute piffle to focus on anything the club or players are doing wrong.

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #1540 on: February 12, 2024, 08:53:31 PM »

he was right though

No, you should prove that what you suggest has happened, actually has. You surely can't with any sense if seriousness ask people to prove hairbrained ideas are bollocks.

Im not telling anyone there opinions is "bollocks" or nonsense like you have just done so i dont need to prove anything. You have to prove to me its "bollocks" or if you cant its not bollocks is it?

Show me the data to prove its bollocks? Ive highlighted earlier three clubs emery has had ACLs injuries in a earlier post. Two arsenal players picked up ACL injuries and three of ours have. That cant be all bad luck.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #1541 on: February 12, 2024, 08:56:27 PM »
It can.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #1542 on: February 12, 2024, 08:58:26 PM »
Anyway it’s a great opportunity for Tim to step up and establish himself in the first XI.

Offline taylorsworkrate

« Reply #1543 on: February 12, 2024, 09:00:18 PM »
Anyway it’s a great opportunity for Tim to step up and establish himself in the first XI.

I'd like to think thats the way Emery will go, but I suspect we will see McGinn shoehorned back into the middle

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1544 on: February 12, 2024, 09:02:28 PM »
At least if I ever get a problem with my acl I'll know where to come   

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal