collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Boubacar Kamara - out for the season  (Read 169147 times)

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
Re: Boubacar Kamara - Signed
« Reply #1365 on: December 28, 2023, 12:06:21 PM »
It's also an incorrect stat, it's actually 6 wins in 17.

I hadn’t realised quite how pivotal he is. His teammates clearly trust him to do his job and the midfield does seem to function better as a unit with him there. The only upside to him being out is that by the time he’s back he should be full revitalised for the rest of the season.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #1366 on: December 28, 2023, 12:21:58 PM »
Do players get their pay docked if they get sent-off and suspended or did that go out with shin pads and white dog muck ? Seems unfair that you get Christmas off for being a div while your teammates toil and flail about without you.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #1367 on: December 28, 2023, 12:31:26 PM »
Do players get their pay docked if they get sent-off and suspended or did that go out with shin pads and white dog muck ? Seems unfair that you get Christmas off for being a div while your teammates toil and flail about without you.

There always used to be a standard FA fine, but it was the same fine whether you were a Premier League player or a Sunday league player.

I think most contracts have a financial penalty, but nothing that would really touch the sides for someone earning pretty much any wage in the top two / three division.

Offline Smithy

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #1368 on: December 28, 2023, 12:33:33 PM »

There always used to be a standard FA fine, but it was the same fine whether you were a Premier League player or a Sunday league player.

I think most contracts have a financial penalty, but nothing that would really touch the sides for someone earning pretty much any wage in the top two / three division.

I remember reading years ago that we had a fine system for bookings and red cards, but only if they were given out for stuff like dissent, or a player losing his head.  Nothing for late tackles and so on.  Must be 20+ years ago mind.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #1369 on: December 28, 2023, 12:46:35 PM »
Edit, wrong thread.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #1370 on: December 29, 2023, 08:36:02 AM »
Won 6 out of 16 without him. Silly billy with that red.
Bugger. I didn’t realise he is such a huge jeopardy for us out of the team. So based on every strength is a weakness in equal measure Unai needs to develop a better option for next absence.

And we're all clamouring for another right back.

Offline Olof's Beard

« Reply #1371 on: December 29, 2023, 09:23:17 AM »
He got injured against Palace last season and we drew the next game at West Ham before winning five on the spin. So while I don't deny he is brilliant and a crucial member of the side, most of the games we lost without him were under Gerrard. And we probably would have lost most of them without him too, unless we think Bouba could have saved Gerrard's job.

Online AV84

« Reply #1372 on: December 29, 2023, 09:37:29 AM »
The two games Kamara has missed we were also missing Torres, which changes the back line completely. Then we have Ramsey and Diaby, neither of which are in great form at the moment. I don't think it's a case of Kamara being the sole reason we've had a draw and a loss.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1373 on: December 29, 2023, 12:44:29 PM »
The two games Kamara has missed we were also missing Torres, which changes the back line completely. Then we have Ramsey and Diaby, neither of which are in great form at the moment. I don't think it's a case of Kamara being the sole reason we've had a draw and a loss.
Yes Torres was a huge loss as his inclusion  would have stopped Carlos acting like Father Christmas with the ball.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #1374 on: December 29, 2023, 01:14:21 PM »
At least he shouldn’t be tired when he gets back

Offline Flamingo Lane

« Reply #1375 on: December 29, 2023, 07:28:16 PM »
Well at least we know he'll be a starter in our FA Cup tie.

Online Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #1376 on: December 31, 2023, 06:13:18 AM »

He’s a good player in his own right but more so he makes the rest better too. Luiz and mcginn both have more freedom and possibly trust in the system when Kamara is sat behind them.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1377 on: December 31, 2023, 08:03:42 AM »

He’s a good player in his own right but more so he makes the rest better too. Luiz and mcginn both have more freedom and possibly trust in the system when Kamara is sat behind them.
Agree, we have missed him.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #1378 on: February 11, 2024, 07:36:23 PM »
I’m just dreading the prospect of the club releasing a statement wishing him a speedy recovery. It’d be nice if just for once this was just a minor thing that will resolve itself in a couple of days.

Offline DrGonzo

« Reply #1379 on: February 11, 2024, 07:46:43 PM »
Worryingly he was rubbing the back of his knee/top of his calf when he came off.  Hopefully just a muscle strain and he got hooked because he wasn't playing at his best and we wanted to introduce greater attacking threat.  Could at worst be a knee ligament which would be a season ending injury but didn't look that serious to me.  Fingers firmly crossed.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal