collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Boubacar Kamara - out for the season  (Read 169144 times)

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
Re: Boubacar Kamara - Signed
« Reply #855 on: January 14, 2023, 12:33:57 PM »
I was thinking Paul McGrath, looks like he has all the time in the world on the ball, composed, assured and can step out of defence when needed.

He could play centre half now (though it would be a waste of his gifts) and will prob end up there in the latter years of his career.

Offline Neil Hawkes

« Reply #856 on: January 14, 2023, 01:32:41 PM »
When he went marauding up the pitch my Grenache rouge-sozzled eyes thought it was Watkins. I was amazed at his composure on the ball and stunned to see his head turning left and right like a Terminator scanning its environment with speed and precision. Then he passed it through a labyrinth of legs to Bailey and I realised it was Kamara.
He's certainly no Nigel Reo Coker

Offline algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #857 on: January 14, 2023, 02:50:48 PM »
I was thinking Paul McGrath, looks like he has all the time in the world on the ball, composed, assured and can step out of defence when needed.

He could play centre half now (though it would be a waste of his gifts) and will prob end up there in the latter years of his career.
Didn't footy get castrated for suggesting something similar?

I agree though - brilliant player, and as you'd said at the tail end of his career could see him switching to being a central defender.

Offline pablo_picasso

• Disclaimer: I may appear more grumpy than I am.
  • GM : 17.11.2024
« Reply #858 on: January 14, 2023, 02:53:38 PM »
He has already played there for Marseille. He can do it, its just a waste of his talents from midfield. And then we are searching for another world class CDM. Again.

Offline passport1

• "I'm a believer mate"
« Reply #859 on: January 14, 2023, 02:54:54 PM »
Much the same as Gareth  Barry a player with maturity way beyond his years. They don't come along very often .

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #860 on: January 14, 2023, 11:27:37 PM »
He’s going to be an absolute superstar. We’re going to have to kick on quick to match his probable ambitions. He’s exactly the player that Liverpool, in particular, are missing.

Offline Mellin

« Reply #861 on: January 15, 2023, 01:41:05 AM »
Bidding starts at 80m. Good luck.

Offline algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #862 on: January 15, 2023, 09:50:38 AM »
He has already played there for Marseille. He can do it, its just a waste of his talents from midfield. And then we are searching for another world class CDM. Again.
I was thinking more when he hits his mid 30s, he's got the potential - a bit like Ashley Young did* - to switch roles & squeeze a few more seasons out of his career.

* I know Ash swapped in his late 20s

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #863 on: January 15, 2023, 09:52:20 AM »
Can people just enjoy him and not sell him off already please.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #864 on: January 15, 2023, 02:10:56 PM »

It drives me nuts. Last month it was Emi. Now Kamara.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #865 on: January 15, 2023, 03:41:22 PM »
If that’s a reference to me, I’m not not selling him, I hope he stays his whole career, my point was we’re going to have to be kicking on to keep hold of him. That’s just a reflection of how good he is.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #866 on: January 15, 2023, 04:17:38 PM »
He looks better every week. I like him a lot. He's ours, on a long term contract, and worth a lot of money.

It appears our ambitions will match his, and Emery and his team are the best set up we could have to take him on.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #867 on: January 15, 2023, 04:25:34 PM »

They're different situations though. If there were clubs who could afford £80m and were in desperate need of a goalkeeper, I'd be worried about losing Martinez. There aren't, so I'm not.

I reckon there are quite a few who could afford £80m for a shit-hot, 23 year old defensive midfielder. Particularly given Mac Allister, Bellingham and Fernandez will all be moving this summer, have about half a dozen clubs interested in them and the clubs that don't get them will still have the money and the need for a player in that position.

As Paul suggests, he's far too good to be hanging around a mid-table Premier League club so we need to make sure we stop being one of those pretty quickly.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2023, 04:42:01 PM by Dave »

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #868 on: January 15, 2023, 04:29:53 PM »
When he went marauding up the pitch my Grenache rouge-sozzled eyes thought it was Watkins. I was amazed at his composure on the ball and stunned to see his head turning left and right like a Terminator scanning its environment with speed and precision. Then he passed it through a labyrinth of legs to Bailey and I realised it was Kamara.
He's certainly no Nigel Reo Coker
He's the Fortnum and Mason version of Reo Coker.

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #869 on: January 15, 2023, 05:26:35 PM »

They're different situations though. If there were clubs who could afford £80m and were in desperate need of a goalkeeper, I'd be worried about losing Martinez. There aren't, so I'm not.

I reckon there are quite a few who could afford £80m for a shit-hot, 23 year old defensive midfielder. Particularly given Mac Allister, Bellingham and Fernandez will all be moving this summer, have about half a dozen clubs interested in them and the clubs that don't get them will still have the money and the need for a player in that position.

As Paul suggests, he's far too good to be hanging around a mid-table Premier League club so we need to make sure we stop being one of those pretty quickly.

Yep. We need to be adding similar standard all over the pitch to compliment him. Next season we have to be top 6.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal