collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Goodbye football RIP  (Read 13245 times)

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
Re: Goodbye football RIP
« Reply #90 on: May 21, 2022, 08:54:11 AM »
Elton John needs to do another rewrite of Candle in the Wind for this thread.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #91 on: May 21, 2022, 09:04:20 AM »
Great post

Exactly how I'm feeling

I've lost the love for football completely,can't watch it anymore and generally find it boring

I always wondered why you two had never been seen in the same room.  The name of that room?  Villa Park.

Offline dr.chekov

« Reply #92 on: May 21, 2022, 11:14:38 AM »
It’s fine to think modern football is rubbish. But if (as I alluded to before) you think mf is rubbish because it serves up an unrelenting diet of shit and also because Villa aren’t getting a bigger enough helping of that shit, as the opening post seemed to say, then it comes across as a tad contradictory (and sour grapes).

I’m pretty sure there would be barely a peep about mf’s awfulness if thanks to a morally dubious owner, questionable sponsorship, ludicrous media deals etc. Villa challenged for trophies. 

Offline danno

« Reply #93 on: May 21, 2022, 11:26:55 AM »
See what you did Nick Pope? You upset him!

Offline wince

« Reply #94 on: May 21, 2022, 12:55:36 PM »
Golf though mate? See you next season

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #95 on: May 21, 2022, 01:43:11 PM »
See what you did Nick Pope? You upset him!

Haha, love it.

Popey sent him over the edge.

Offline dr.chekov

« Reply #96 on: May 21, 2022, 02:10:17 PM »
Yeah, kind of odd that after supporting Villa for 60 years the final straw for him was a meaningless (for us) home draw against Burnley. TBH if we don’t get a European spot and aren’t in the relegation zone I’m not too arsed where we finish.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #97 on: May 21, 2022, 02:29:15 PM »
Yes it is a slightly odd point to jump off.

Offline mike

« Reply #98 on: May 21, 2022, 03:40:09 PM »
I gave up football completely for a while because of the corruption and greed of everyone involved. I got back into it only because my lad started playing and I was afraid he would be a glory hunter like the others where we live. I started taking him to matches but now he's lost all interest, so I can reconsider my options. Grealish 'my city, my club, no actually fuck you', Qatar World Cup and the Saudi takeover of Newcastle has made me really want to go back to not following football. Even lower down the leagues you've got Rob Edwards ratting on Forest Green Rovers. It's become totally amoral with players, agents, owners, the press all just wallowing in obscene amounts of money from the most repressive regimes and bloodsucking broadcasters all making it way more expensive for than it has any right to be. I fucking hate everything about it.

Except Villa, so I'll probably just carry on.

Offline AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #99 on: May 21, 2022, 08:58:06 PM »
I was seriously considering not renewing but have done it anyway. Will probably share it with AV82EC Jnr so he can see a few games.

Offline Aldridge Villa

« Reply #100 on: May 21, 2022, 09:16:05 PM »
My golf’s been shoddy of late so decided to renew

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #101 on: May 22, 2022, 10:20:06 AM »
I can understand if people have 'I'm done with this' thoughts from time to time I suppose. It's a lot of money and little things like VAR holding up the game twice like they did the other night can get peoples backs up. Then you have the likes of Jack saying how Brum is his city then fucks off to another one 12 months later. Multi millionaire Lionel Messi blarting like a titty babbie because Barcelona would'nt pay him what he wanted so he had to move to a club that would.

Telford's post did smack of 'look at me' but he'll be back. What on earth will he and the likes of boring Wilma have to whinge about if they don't?

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #102 on: May 22, 2022, 10:45:35 AM »
I totally get where he's coming from, and I'm sick of it all. After today I'm going to give the match threads a complete miss for the next couple of months at least.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #103 on: May 22, 2022, 10:57:30 AM »
if you stay off Twitter, mainstream media and the news and just watch the games then Football isn't that bad. Manage what you see, be blissfully ignorant and get on with your life :)

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #104 on: May 22, 2022, 11:09:16 AM »
Football has massively changed. Sometimes for the good sometimes for the bad. But so have many other sports over years like cricket rugby etc. Would I rather have football as it is now or no football ? Imagine a life with.no football !  It's just too much to contemplate.What would be the meaning of life without having Aston Villa there to wreck your dreams on so many occasions but every so often shock the life out of you.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal