collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Villa Park Redevelopment by Chico Hamilton III
[Today at 09:24:14 AM]

FFP by Chico Hamilton III
[Today at 09:14:08 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by dicedlam
[Today at 09:14:03 AM]

Gordon Cowans by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 08:56:31 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by algy
[Today at 08:04:45 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa vs Crystal Palace Post-Match Thread  (Read 17123 times)

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
Re: Aston Villa vs Crystal Palace Post-Match Thread
« Reply #165 on: May 16, 2022, 05:29:29 PM »
Zaha is an absolute disgrace of a footballer

No, he's a very good player, he just moans a lot.
If Flintstone was a footballer.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #166 on: May 16, 2022, 05:31:24 PM »
Absolute tripe

Six Home wins is absolutely unacceptable, awful first half , absolutely dire. Second half was much better but again we fail to get all 3 points on home soil

Thought the 40th anniversary stuff was over the top, would rather have had the money spent on flags and banners off the price increase on season tickets. Anyone would have thought we'd won it last year

Will just end up in the closet,collecting dust and not very good for the environment either

Left feeling fed up as usual

Tell you what, let me have your seat. I can’t afford to buy a season ticket nor get the time nowadays to go down the villa. I have seen some of the heroes of 82 before at VP (I was born the year after and never forget we were once the champions of Europe). It was always a pleasure seeing them particularly Spink.

I get we weren’t setting the world on fire yesterday what with nothing to play for and all but I would have sold my right bollock to have gone down to see the villa. You post on here whinging about everything to do with the club whilst claiming the humanity about the season tickets, cost of everything etc. Just realise you are a lucky bugger to be able to go down regularly to see the villa as I once was able to do. I saw most home games under lambert when we would celebrate a corner. To bemoan the 40th anniversary of the European cup is a bit sad really as who knows who will still be around in 10 years time.

I get you pay your money you get the right to an opinion but i have never seen you post something positive about the villa. I don’t know if you are a WUM, trolling us or whatever but think yourself at least a little bit lucky you have the expendable income to follow villa. Some of us can’t. Nothing against you personally but by McGrath can you at least find some positives this year???

Sorry if I seem against character but this season could have been worse

*Applause*

Online wince

« Reply #167 on: May 16, 2022, 05:37:21 PM »
Absolute tripe

Six Home wins is absolutely unacceptable, awful first half , absolutely dire. Second half was much better but again we fail to get all 3 points on home soil

Thought the 40th anniversary stuff was over the top, would rather have had the money spent on flags and banners off the price increase on season tickets. Anyone would have thought we'd won it last year

Will just end up in the closet,collecting dust and not very good for the environment either

Tell you what, let me have your seat. I can’t afford to buy a season ticket nor get the time nowadays to go down the villa. I have seen some of the heroes of 82 before at VP (I was born the year after and never forget we were once the champions of Europe). It was always a pleasure seeing them particularly Spink.

I get we weren’t setting the world on fire yesterday what with nothing to play for and all but I would have sold my right bollock to have gone down to see the villa. You post on here whinging about everything to do with the club whilst claiming the humanity about the season tickets, cost of everything etc. Just realise you are a lucky bugger to be able to go down regularly to see the villa as I once was able to do. I saw most home games under lambert when we would celebrate a corner. To bemoan the 40th anniversary of the European cup is a bit sad really as who knows who will still be around in 10 years time.

I get you pay your money you get the right to an opinion but i have never seen you post something positive about the villa. I don’t know if you are a WUM, trolling us or whatever but think yourself at least a little bit lucky you have the expendable income to follow villa. Some of us can’t. Nothing against you personally but by McGrath can you at least find some positives this year???

I bet your're a real joy at parties. Jeez.

I assume you meant the OP not me. I am a legend at parties. But I do worry the little flags in drinks are causing us to enter a recession
« Last Edit: May 16, 2022, 05:43:06 PM by wince »

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #168 on: May 16, 2022, 05:44:16 PM »
Absolute tripe

I bet your're a real joy at parties. Jeez.

I assume you meant the OP not me.

I'm sure he did.

And I feel exactly the same way. I moved to North America in 95 and so I've missed a lot of Villa. I would absolutely love to be one of the lucky few to watch us now. And while it might be perfect, as a club we are very much going in the right direction.

Flin5tone - If Villa is such a pain in your life, give up your seat to one of the 20k that want to go. Nobody forces you or anyone to go to games or buy food, beer, merchandise etc etc. It's still only a pastime even if it has a considerable bearing on your free time. But if it is a burden, find something else to do. We all get a bit fired up at times, and that's ok, but this constant fucking misery suggests Villa isn't you you.

Offline danno

« Reply #169 on: May 16, 2022, 07:21:37 PM »
Yabba dabba boooo!

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #170 on: May 16, 2022, 07:45:53 PM »
Yabba dabba boooo!

From the town of Bedsit

Offline Allan C

« Reply #171 on: May 16, 2022, 07:56:59 PM »
I used to love Sid, Shaw and Withe. And then in defence it was Alan Evans and his wristbands.

Great photos Drummond, Dennis is my all time favourite Villa player, by the way I also felt emotional seeing our heroes yesterday.
Absolutely amazing pics. My favourite was Peter Withe but to be honest I loved watching them all. Ahh the memories and a proper shirt mate just brilliant

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #172 on: May 16, 2022, 07:58:12 PM »

He was only able to go because the Rubble has recovered some of its losses on currency markets in recent weeks.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #173 on: May 16, 2022, 10:14:15 PM »
Saha - complete pantomime villain  - cant stand him but fair play to him for maintaining the image. I think the "He's going to cry in a minute" was genuine lol moment

I thought at times we do play some great stuff but then in an instant give the bloody ball away. McGinn was back to his worst of pivoting and trying Hollywood balls again which contributed to losing possession again.

I thought Digne was superb and his run and cross for the goal was excellent.

We had enough chances in last 15 minutes to have won so i hope we are looking at a striker in our shopping lists. Thought we looked more composed when Chambers came on.

82 celebrations

Great to see them and i although i think we milk it a little too much at times i agree that in another 10 years there will not be that many of them left.

Ormsby was a sad sight to see - he was helped round most of the pitch by Ivor Linton, Jimmy Rimmer is also not meant to be in good health and it is now documented about Sid and Gibson.

Was surprised that Morley missed it for a holiday - surely this was planned well in advance?

I too thought that the BBC to not even mention it was a total disgrace but they are huge supporters of football only begining in 1992 also - wankers

Yeah it was tinged with a bit of sadness seeing the declining health of some of the team as they made their way around.  They all really seemed to enjoy it though, which was good to see. 

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #174 on: May 16, 2022, 10:21:54 PM »
Jesus didn’t celebrate in front of opposition supporters…
He walked around giving it the big I Am though.

"Oooh I can make fish out of nothing" Something like that anyway.

yes but water into wine is worth following when the pubs are shut 

Offline dcdavecollett

« Reply #175 on: May 17, 2022, 12:27:14 AM »
Agreed with the previous poster that Zaha is a prize twat.

If Wilf is allowed to have a rolling debate with the ref over the course of the match, why don't the other twenty-one players have the same indulgence?

Offline dcdavecollett

« Reply #176 on: May 17, 2022, 11:20:56 PM »
PS. ...and if they did, how much actual football would we get to see?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal