collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

West Ham v Aston Villa post match by aj2k77
[Today at 09:29:53 AM]

Games Moved for TV by olaftab
[Today at 09:19:58 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by DeKuip
[Today at 09:18:27 AM]

FFP by LeeS
[Today at 08:33:24 AM]

International Rugby by nigel
[Today at 07:38:44 AM]

Unai Emery - our manager by ROBBO
[Today at 04:59:13 AM]

Press-ing on by Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle
[March 18, 2024, 10:48:26 PM]

Luton A by purpletrousers
[March 18, 2024, 10:24:29 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Super Villans BT 82 Doc  (Read 15372 times)

Offline Nunkin1965

• This is only a problem.
Re: Super Villans BT 82 Doc
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2022, 11:03:03 AM »
Any way to see it without BT?

I don’t think there is mate, they stream some things on YouTube but that’s just for live stuff, I’m sure someone will record it, copy it and have it uploaded to YouTube or the like before long though.

I really hope so.
Back in the day we'd have had the opportunity to buy it on VHS or Betamax.

Would live to see it though at some point.

I used to have The Official History and Villa Park 100 Years on VHS. Had hoped they would have made it to youtube but they haven't...progress, eh?
Same here.
I still have all of the season reviews somewhere along with some video diary things aswell.
It's a shame that they haven't found their way onto YouTube or some other method.
I guess it's a copyright issue even after all these years.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2022, 12:17:07 PM »
YT would probably just remove it anyway.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2022, 12:45:52 PM »
It reminded me of a few things

What a cock end Gary Newbon was focusing on the fan trouble

Just how cool Ron Saunders was with the media - also what a tough bastard he was

How he basically told Andy Gray to do one and then built a team with the proceeds.

How he committed the ultimate sin in joining the shower down the road yet we still hold him dear rather than hate him (Think of all the other losers that have gone that way)

How the fuck did Mortimer not get an England cap?

How much the marketing / media of football has changed  - the AGM on a makeshift scaffolded stage - laughable

How a few of them heroes will probably not be around for the 50 years celebration.

Wonderful film - pity i could not record it due to the overun of the match but at least it is to be repeated.

Online Duncan Shaw

« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2022, 01:41:28 PM »
I couldn;t watch it last night, but do have BT sport app on a firestick so couldn;t record, is it the sort of show they have on the homepage to watch again on demand?

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2022, 01:52:10 PM »
Just watched it. Bloody marvellous. Some eye openers in there also, like the bottle of brandy Ron had in the dressing room before every match which he encouraged the players to take a pre match swig to put some "fire in the belly" Seeing Jimmy Rimmer in tears was gut wrenching but he did more than most to get us there in the first place especially with his miraculous save from the penalty rebound against Dynamo Berlin. Tony Gubba's interview with Tony Barton after the game was horrible. Barton was smiling from ear to ear obviously and Gubba asked him if he'd seen the programme and would he be keeping it as a souvenir. He the heartlessly pointed out that Saunders picture was in it instead of his. You could see the joy drain out of Tony Bartons face. I really felt for him, that was totally unnecessary. But it was a great watch warts and all which bought back some long forgotten memories. We were Kings of all Europe and that can never be taken away from us.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2022, 01:53:44 PM by The Edge »

Online Gerrin

« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2022, 11:44:56 AM »
Just watched it. Bloody marvellous. Some eye openers in there also, like the bottle of brandy Ron had in the dressing room before every match which he encouraged the players to take a pre match swig to put some "fire in the belly" Seeing Jimmy Rimmer in tears was gut wrenching but he did more than most to get us there in the first place especially with his miraculous save from the penalty rebound against Dynamo Berlin. Tony Gubba's interview with Tony Barton after the game was horrible. Barton was smiling from ear to ear obviously and Gubba asked him if he'd seen the programme and would he be keeping it as a souvenir. He the heartlessly pointed out that Saunders picture was in it instead of his. You could see the joy drain out of Tony Bartons face. I really felt for him, that was totally unnecessary. But it was a great watch warts and all which bought back some long forgotten memories. We were Kings of all Europe and that can never be taken away from us.

Absolutely superb documentary, shame it can't be bought, I'd watch it again. The quality of some of the archive footage was far superior to some I've got on DVD. Especially the footage from the final day of the season at Highbury. Was the implication from Sid and Morely that they visited a brothel in Rotterdam the day before the final?? Really felt for Jimmy Rimmer, he doesn't seem to realise how amazing he was getting Villa to the final in the first place.

Offline exigo

« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2022, 12:49:23 PM »
It's really well put together. Sensitively done, and Mark Williams is a great choice as narrator.
Great insights from the team of what went on behind the scenes, and a real tear-jerker in places seeing Sid's eyes sparkle again at the memories. And a real sense of that team being there for each other still after all these years. No greater compliment to Saunders than the togetherness that shines through 40 years on. Watched it on the train up to the game yesterday, and was in bits by the end credits.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2022, 12:52:04 PM »
Is it going to be repeated?

Offline exigo

« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2022, 01:10:36 PM »

It's not in their schedule at the moment, and is only available on demand until the start of June. Really annoyed at that, as BT boxes failed to record it because the Rangers final went to extra time.

Offline The Edge

« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2022, 01:12:05 PM »

Absolutely superb documentary, shame it can't be bought, I'd watch it again. The quality of some of the archive footage was far superior to some I've got on DVD. Especially the footage from the final day of the season at Highbury. Was the implication from Sid and Morely that they visited a brothel in Rotterdam the day before the final?? Really felt for Jimmy Rimmer, he doesn't seem to realise how amazing he was getting Villa to the final in the first place.
Absolutely. He was immense for us. I bet he doesn't even know how much he means to us. I'd love him to hear us singing the 12 days of Christmas song about the European Cup win. He's the only one who's name is sung in every one of those 12 verses. And that interview with Ron Saunders after the home defeat to Ipswich is the stuff of legends. And i'd love them to find room in or around the ground for a banner which simply reads "do you wana bet against us" With Ron's picture wearing his light blue tracksuit top with the claret lion on it.

Offline Jon Crofts

« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2022, 01:28:51 PM »

It's not in their schedule at the moment, and is only available on demand until the start of June. Really annoyed at that, as BT boxes failed to record it because the Rangers final went to extra time.

It’s in catch up now and I believe it’s on again on 26th at 6:15 pm.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2022, 01:31:09 PM »

I've just watched half of it, on demand via the app.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2022, 03:25:43 PM »

It is and a recording reminder is set.

Could you imagine that we could of been the team that lost both FA cup and European cups !!!

Offline Richard

• GM : 08.06.2024
« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2022, 06:39:22 PM »
Just watched it, superb. Great soundtrack too, brought back so many memories of my 16 to 17 year old self.

Offline The Edge

« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2022, 06:48:05 PM »

It is and a recording reminder is set.

Could you imagine that we could of been the team that lost both FA cup and European cups !!!
We've lost more FA cups than Small Heath have won

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal