collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Lille vs Aston Villa - Conf League QF 2nd leg - pre match chatter by Pete3206
[Today at 07:01:05 PM]

Ollie Watkins by pablo_picasso
[Today at 06:59:25 PM]

NSWE Investment by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 06:52:40 PM]

Nicolò Zaniolo SIGNED (on loan) by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 06:50:48 PM]

Champions League Contention by KevinGage
[Today at 06:41:37 PM]

Arsenal 0-2 Aston Villa Post match interaction by LeeB
[Today at 05:19:25 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by LeeB
[Today at 05:11:35 PM]

Villa Park by FrankyH
[Today at 05:02:16 PM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Six years ago today.  (Read 5706 times)

Online rob_bridge

Re: Six years ago today.
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2022, 03:44:01 PM »
My kids were quite young during this season so I could only pick and choose my games.  However I did go to 6 games and only saw us lose once.  How the fuck did I get that type of ratio during this season?!

I think me and Missus went to the same number as you and saw us pick up 9 points. Only loss was against Sturkes and new that were going to have another long season. More rubbish that I thought. Individual tickets were cheap as chips 2nd half of season even good seats in Trinity

Offline Villan82

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2022, 12:46:04 PM »
Maybe it's the scars of those years but the sense of 'circling the drain' for 4 seasons before eventually going down is precisely the reason why the sheer number of losses we have tolerated since we came back up as been a worry to me. I thought we could get promoted and concentrate on doing a sort of Brian Little on things, build teams that are hard to beat and then see where you go from there.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2022, 06:35:58 PM »
My kids were quite young during this season so I could only pick and choose my games.  However I did go to 6 games and only saw us lose once.  How the fuck did I get that type of ratio during this season?!

Im like you in that my kids were young at the time, and i missed my share of games. I remember Watford in November 15, and when Deeney got the winner, it felt like we were gone even by then. Chelsea at home near the end of the season, i asked my lad who was only 6 at the time what he thought the score would be, he said 4-0 to them, he was spot on! And then the paper aeroplanes from the holte end kept on coming….

Offline Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2022, 08:50:19 AM »
I think the only point I saw us get that season was the Newcastle game at the end of the season. The games by that stage had become secondary to having a chat during them because we were so awful. I remember it getting to 80 minutes and thinking "we might not lose here". This was also the day of the inflatables protest, which was a sight to behold from the lower Holte. Wave upon wave of beach balls etc. coming down from the upper.

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2022, 09:23:51 AM »
On the back of the Cup Final and resurgence under Sherwood I foolishly invested in a season ticket. The last game I attended that season was the Everton home game on 1 March, the atmosphere was horribly toxic and a friend who hadn’t been down for a few seasons was genuinely shocked at the anger and vitriol. A truly miserable season which I can’t remember much of unsurprisingly.

Offline neil strevens

• GM : Feb, 2013
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2022, 07:56:34 PM »
I was in hospitality at Old Trafford that day. Got absolutely plastered before the game as I was dreading it. We actually weren't too bad and the 1500 Villa fans there were louder than the locals. As I remember, Ashley Westwood seemed to be the only player who was genuinely upset at the end.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2022, 07:58:15 PM »
I was in hospitality at Old Trafford that day. Got absolutely plastered before the game as I was dreading it. We actually weren't too bad and the 1500 Villa fans there were louder than the locals. As I remember, Ashley Westwood seemed to be the only player who was genuinely upset at the end.

Welcome back Mr S. I was asking about you only yesterday.

Offline neil strevens

• GM : Feb, 2013
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2022, 08:04:21 PM »
Dave

I still have a season ticket but don't get down as often as I want / should. I still cause alarm amongst adjacent passers-by when an acceptable Villa result occurs.

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2022, 10:53:54 PM »
Neil were you at Leicester last week? I was chatting to the bloke behind me who was from Edinburgh

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2022, 12:14:48 PM »
I remember a lovely day at Bournemouth opening day...blazing sun, a win and a few beers on the front afterwards.  Highlight of the season, although it wasn't up against a great deal.

Offline dcdavecollett

« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2022, 12:02:48 AM »
Well, there were two other games we won all year...

Offline trinityoap

« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2022, 12:15:21 AM »
And we were singing "Welcome to the premier league" when we scored. That ended well then!

Offline ez

« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2022, 05:35:59 PM »
Everything about that season was awful. Worst villa team I've ever seen. Nobody at the club seemed to care, they just let it happen.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2022, 08:34:58 PM »
From Hope to paper planes and signing about European nights.

Sherwood was shafted and we were left without a paddle.  We were like a sick pet just waiting for the vet to put us out of our misery.  Even our subs were subbed (Norwich away) , away ticket prices were not regulated yet so a lot of money went down the drain watching 11 shirts.

Even the FA cup did us no favours struggled away at Wycombe before a home roasting against Man City reserves. 

Still the aways were selling out!  Its a Villa thing.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2022, 10:16:13 AM »
And somehow or other we got a 0-0 home draw in the league against Citeh.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal