collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by KevinGage
[Today at 12:38:25 AM]

Lille vs Aston Villa post-match thread by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 12:32:58 AM]

Brian Evans by maidstonevillain
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Jacob Ramsey by AV84
[Today at 12:12:05 AM]

Leon Bailey - signed by AV84
[Today at 12:04:41 AM]

Matty Cash - Polish international by PeterWithe
[Today at 12:03:00 AM]

Emiliano Martinez - World Cup winner and officially best keeper in the world by dave.woodhall
[Today at 12:02:34 AM]

Press-ing on triumphantly by dave.woodhall
[April 18, 2024, 11:47:47 PM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 60 minute football  (Read 4185 times)

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
Re: 60 minute football
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2022, 12:56:01 PM »
I hate the time out and special plays bollocks.  But I do see how a ball in play clock could work.  It couldn't really be reporoduced at grass roots level though, or if it was it would put a lot of responsibility on the ref.

The "same rules at all levels" ship sailed long ago, so long as it's consistent across the competition (so the FA cup shouldn't have VAR or goalline tech) I'm ok with rules/laws being different at professonal level where they address a problem that doesn't really exist at grassroots level or where the rules allow the game to exist at grassroots level by being more lenient (by this I mean things like I'd allow rolling subs at low levels and, in rugby, I'm ok with not having 3 dedicated front row subs).

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2022, 12:56:18 PM »
Worth a trial.

I’d also just let Physios on for injuries whilst the game continues. Works fine in rugby.

Except players would then go down in the box meaning it had to be stopped anyway.

Online edgysatsuma89

« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2022, 10:49:40 PM »
https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/football-matches-shorten-60-minutes-trials-start-clock-stop-ball-goes-out-1561828

Look which prem team is involved in games where the ball is in play the least this season. Makes you proud.
Can you publish the article on here please?

Cheers to Chris for posting it.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2022, 10:58:25 AM »
Yes cheers chrisw1.

“It is hoped that shortening matches but stopping the clock for breaks in play such as fouls, throw-ins and goal kicks will prevent time-wasting, force teams to play more football and improve the overall match experience.“

Just how? Spoiling tactics to stop games flowing will remain regardless of time count. Teams currently know extra time will be played but that’s no deterrent  to fuckaboutry and and that will continue. We must not make changes that fundamentally make the game different from grass root level.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2022, 12:11:34 PM »
Yes cheers chrisw1.

“It is hoped that shortening matches but stopping the clock for breaks in play such as fouls, throw-ins and goal kicks will prevent time-wasting, force teams to play more football and improve the overall match experience.“

Just how? Spoiling tactics to stop games flowing will remain regardless of time count. Teams currently know extra time will be played but that’s no deterrent  to fuckaboutry and and that will continue. We must not make changes that fundamentally make the game different from grass root level.
I guess there will not be much point in the contstant phantom injuries etc.  Yeah, they'll still try to break up play but the advantage they are trying to get mostly dissapears.  Look at the wat Wolves reduced 5 mins of extra time to about t mins of play by picking fights, arguing with the fef, faking injuries.  It was brilliant in it's shithouseness.

The Watford players constantly going down injured was one of the most infuriating 45 mins I've ever endured.

I don't really like change from traditions, but gamesmanship is destroying football at the moment.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal