collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer 2022 Transfer Thread  (Read 793424 times)

Offline VinnieChase84

• GM : May, 2012
Re: Summer 2022 Transfer Thread
« Reply #705 on: May 11, 2022, 05:47:19 PM »
Haaland for €60m; Watkins for £50m?? Something doesn't make logical sense in these 2 prices.
I think - unless there is some amazing new player lined up to replace Watkins- we'll struggle to find a sufficient replacement for the dosh. Perhaps Calvert-Lewin is being lined up; I doubt it though.
If Suarez comes anywhere near to being a Villa player, I'd seriously to question the capability of whoever signs that one off.

Kamara makes a hell of a lot of sense given he can play CB as well. Would be a massive coup if we get him.
Will be him, Sangare or Phillips imo
Rodrigo Bentancur would have been an interesting one as would Bissouma but missed both those it seems seems so would take any of those 3 .
Feel Phillips stock has fallen though perhaps Gerrard could boost his abilities again.

I have a feeling Suarez is going to come as I think Villa would be looking to get some established pedigree names in as much as Sangare or Kamara could prove brilliant they won't excite and feel on top of perhaps one of them signing we need more than Coutinho as an established player being signed this summer.

Talking hope for household names and excitement.

Bissouma isn’t a 6. Club still looking at him for the 8 role

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #706 on: May 11, 2022, 06:29:10 PM »
Ok so by upgrading all round quality in midfield be able to press and win possession as well as hopefully better ball retention. We do need a number 6 though.
I noticed Marv's Nakamba is 28 I think he's now shown he's not able to reach technical ability despite the promise of coaching and hope he would improve I think he's shown his ceiling if he's reached those years in footballing terms and still struggles to pass ball efficiently. Won't even talk about his shooting and penalty taking. Good luck to him but Coutinho wants to be around quality and the young players coming through can make up squad as much as Marv now.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2022, 06:30:47 PM by Footy-Vill »

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #707 on: May 11, 2022, 06:49:20 PM »
Haaland for €60m; Watkins for £50m?? Something doesn't make logical sense in these 2 prices.
I think - unless there is some amazing new player lined up to replace Watkins- we'll struggle to find a sufficient replacement for the dosh. Perhaps Calvert-Lewin is being lined up; I doubt it though.
If Suarez comes anywhere near to being a Villa player, I'd seriously to question the capability of whoever signs that one off.

Kamara makes a hell of a lot of sense given he can play CB as well. Would be a massive coup if we get him.
Rodrigo Bentancur would have been an interesting one as would Bissouma but missed both those it seems seems so would take any of those 3 .
Feel Phillips stock has fallen though perhaps Gerrard could boost his abilities again.

I have a feeling Suarez is going to come as I think Villa would be looking to get some established pedigree names in as much as Sangare or Kamara could prove brilliant they won't excite and feel on top of perhaps one of them signing we need more than Coutinho as an established player being signed this summer.

Are we resigned to/looking to offload Luiz and Sanson, Vin?

Offline nigel

« Reply #708 on: May 11, 2022, 07:03:32 PM »

Are we resigned to/looking to offload Luiz and Sanson, Vin?

Certainly not Luiz.
As with SJM when he plays a more advanced role he’s an excellent player

Online Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #709 on: May 11, 2022, 07:58:14 PM »
Someone mentioned that Gerrard and Coutinho share the same agent.  Any Ideas which other players are signed up as it may be a clue to where we (Gerrard) has influence and potential future signings.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #710 on: May 11, 2022, 08:09:22 PM »
Someone mentioned that Gerrard and Coutinho share the same agent.  Any Ideas which other players are signed up as it may be a clue to where we (Gerrard) has influence and potential future signings.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/sports-invest-uk-ltd/beraterfirma/berater/4868

Online Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #711 on: May 11, 2022, 08:16:53 PM »
A bit meh then.  Douglas Luiz might be handy as an 8.

Offline VinnieChase84

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #712 on: May 11, 2022, 10:18:02 PM »
Sanson will go for sure
Luiz don’t Know. Can see him going Roma - shame as an 8 he’s decent

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #713 on: May 11, 2022, 10:23:07 PM »
Vinnie, is the Kamara thing real and likely to happen?

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #714 on: May 12, 2022, 09:20:02 AM »
If that is our recruitment strategy, what the f**k does Lange actually do?!

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #715 on: May 12, 2022, 09:41:43 AM »

It almost certainly isn't.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #716 on: May 12, 2022, 09:45:44 AM »

Well, since he's been here we've signed a lot of improvements to our squad, brought in some great prospects, and improved.

Offline Mister E

« Reply #717 on: May 12, 2022, 10:36:24 AM »
It almost certainly isn't.
Really? - well - stone me - that's news!

I was being sarky, both in the original comment and this response.

Offline Mister E

« Reply #718 on: May 12, 2022, 10:39:11 AM »
Well, since he's been here we've signed a lot of improvements to our squad, brought in some great prospects, and improved.
I'd reckon many of the prospects are a result of the acquisition of a new Academy management team. But - yes - there has been some recruitment during Lange's time. I hope that he can unearth some 'gems' for our DMF needs.

Online algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #719 on: May 12, 2022, 10:56:57 AM »
You know how we're buying Coutinho for like €20m rather than the €40m we'd previously said we'd pay Barcelona for him?  And how even €40m seemed ludicrously cheap in January?  That type of thing, I imagine.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal