collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa Park-ing  (Read 5341 times)

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
Re: Villa Park-ing
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2022, 04:38:14 PM »
Think when I do finally go to another game, I'll get the train. Will just have a few pints after the game, to let the traffic die down at the station.

It’s what we’ve been doing for years, just a pity the Swan and Mitre has gone as you could time your departure to the minute for the train.

Online RamboandBruno

« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2022, 09:37:03 PM »
This is one area Christian Purslow needs to address. Why don't they run shuttle bus services particularly from the Centre to and from the ground? Less cars means less pollution that the Council Transportation Department keeps banging on about.

We're a football club. Buses are for the bus companies.

True but I went to Uni for three years in Stoke and due to their ground obviously being in the arse end of nowhere on a godforsaken windswept hill you could get quite a few shuttle buses outside the station and in centre of Stoke rather than having to walk alongside the canal so it can happen if the will is there.

Obviously VP is different in terms of location but train frequency has taken a hit post pandemic and I think a massive opportunity has been lost with tram extensions to have one terminating at Star City so that could've easily transported a couple of thousands a matchday to VP. Also should've had one going to Alex Stadium but if there's no will to do it now it won't happen in next decade.

There will surely have to be some transport tweaks in the expansion plan for the council to approve you'd think.

I went to uni in Stoke for three years in the 90s, when were you there?

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2022, 10:03:11 PM »
This is one area Christian Purslow needs to address. Why don't they run shuttle bus services particularly from the Centre to and from the ground? Less cars means less pollution that the Council Transportation Department keeps banging on about.

True but I went to Uni for three years in Stoke and due to their ground obviously being in the arse end of nowhere on a godforsaken windswept hill you could get quite a few shuttle buses outside the station and in centre of Stoke rather than having to walk alongside the canal so it can happen if the will is there.

Obviously VP is different in terms of location but train frequency has taken a hit post pandemic and I think a massive opportunity has been lost with tram extensions to have one terminating at Star City so that could've easily transported a couple of thousands a matchday to VP. Also should've had one going to Alex Stadium but if there's no will to do it now it won't happen in next decade.

There will surely have to be some transport tweaks in the expansion plan for the council to approve you'd think.

The Pulis/Delap years.

Online RamboandBruno

« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2022, 10:54:24 PM »

The Pulis/Delap years.

Ahh way after me then, i was Lou Macari, still at the Victoria Ground, about to move.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal