collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tim Iroegbunam  (Read 69740 times)

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
Re: Tim Iroegbunam
« Reply #510 on: March 24, 2024, 10:36:09 AM »
What a great strike!  I didn't even know Tim had that in his locker.

Might be being harsh but I would be slightly disappointed in my keeper for not getting anything on it.

He's our keeper.

Only just realised that.

What’s his name

Online thick_mike

• GM : 26.02.2025
« Reply #511 on: March 24, 2024, 10:42:32 AM »
Good Dante.
Timbo has a lot of self confidence and belief. Playing in the PL wouldn't faze him and being in and around the England set up can only help.

Interesting fact: Tim can sign due to both parents being deaf.

Wow, that is an interesting titbit.

Great factoid Rotters!

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #512 on: March 24, 2024, 10:44:33 AM »
Good Dante.
Timbo has a lot of self confidence and belief. Playing in the PL wouldn't faze him and being in and around the England set up can only help.

Interesting fact: Tim can sign due to both parents being deaf.

Wow, that is an interesting titbit.

Great factoid Rotters!

Tim can sign what?

EDIT: Bloody hell, just read the CODA bit. I thought the above post said ‘dead’.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2024, 10:48:24 AM by Percy McCarthy »

Online WarszaVillan

• GM : 06.10.2023
« Reply #513 on: March 24, 2024, 10:51:11 AM »
What a great strike!  I didn't even know Tim had that in his locker.

Might be being harsh but I would be slightly disappointed in my keeper for not getting anything on it.

He's our keeper.

Only just realised that.

What’s his name

Oliwier Zych.

Offline big rons jeweller

« Reply #514 on: March 30, 2024, 09:21:55 PM »
Good little cameo from Tim today. Hope we keep hold of him and he gets a bit more game time.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #515 on: March 30, 2024, 10:11:35 PM »
He pulled off one fantastic ball winning tackle tonight to stop a Wolves attack.  I like the look of this lad.

Offline pablo_picasso

• Disclaimer: I may appear more grumpy than I am.
  • GM : 17.11.2024
« Reply #516 on: March 31, 2024, 10:55:14 AM »
Good little cameo from Tim today. Hope we keep hold of him and he gets a bit more game time.

He has those extra skills needed to turn a good destroying CDM into a Rolls Royce type one...

Offline Dogtanian

• GM : 06.06.2024
« Reply #517 on: March 31, 2024, 11:00:17 AM »
He pulled off one fantastic ball winning tackle tonight to stop a Wolves attack.  I like the look of this lad.

He did, it was great. I hope he takes great confidence from that as we need more of that in our midfield.

Kamara and Doug are more classy, it’s only McGinn who does the brutish ratting stuff consistently.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #518 on: March 31, 2024, 01:14:41 PM »
I still think it's more than likely that we'll have to sell him, but I agree he looks like he could develop into a very good player.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #519 on: April 07, 2024, 02:41:58 PM »
Started v Man City could The Institute TI start against Arsenal ?
Likely given circumstances.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #520 on: April 07, 2024, 04:25:11 PM »
I still think it's more than likely that we'll have to sell him, but I agree he looks like he could develop into a very good player.

Given the choice of either Tim or Tielemans playing as the replacement to Kamara, I'm really disappointed Unai never gave Tim the chance. Throwing him in against Man City in a team that had so many changes was unlikely to see him at his best. Playing with McGinn and Dougie is where he should be judged. That said I was a bit disappointed that when he has played he tends to play more zonal than picking up a player. I'll put that down to instruction rather than his lack of understanding the basics. He may only be 20 but he has a very mature head on him.

Yesterday was another example of why I'm struggling to understand why Unai is playing Tielemans back as a DCM. Apart from the 5 minutes before he was substituted, he may as well have not been on the pitch. His strength is further up the pitch and Unai is doing neither him or the team any favours not playing him there, either starting or from the bench.

Looking back to our form in 2023, the key to our success was our brilliant midfield. We dominated the area which was the reason we had both a great defence and scored goals for fun. Losing Kamara was obviously huge but rather than replace like for like-light, Unai decided to insist on banging in square pegs into round  holes. Some times it worked, other times it hasn't been great. What I can say is that our midfield hasn't looked anything close to the brilliant well oiled machine he built last year.

Call it hindsight or knee jerk off after another disappointing result but right now I'm looking to file it as a missed opportunity.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2024, 04:27:10 PM by Rudy Can't Fail »

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #521 on: April 07, 2024, 05:34:17 PM »
He'll surely get a start now with Luiz out.

Offline pablo_picasso

• Disclaimer: I may appear more grumpy than I am.
  • GM : 17.11.2024
« Reply #522 on: April 07, 2024, 06:03:08 PM »
The worrying thing is that he clearly doesn't fancy Iroegbunam, even though there is a glaring hole in the team in his position.

If he did, he would give him minutes, like he has Rogers pretty much straight after joining.

Same with Duran, when the opportunity has arisen.

Along with 18 year old Kellyman, to a lesser extent.

He seems to trust all three of those young players.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #523 on: April 07, 2024, 06:09:25 PM »
The worrying thing is that he clearly doesn't fancy Iroegbunam, even though there is a glaring hole in the team in his position.

If he did, he would give him minutes, like he has Rogers pretty much straight after joining.

Same with Duran, when the opportunity has arisen.

Along with 18 year old Kellyman, to a lesser extent.

He seems to trust all three of those young players.

He started him away at Ajax and Man City so he does see something in him.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #524 on: April 07, 2024, 06:19:40 PM »

Given the choice of either Tim or Tielemans playing as the replacement to Kamara, I'm really disappointed Unai never gave Tim the chance. Throwing him in against Man City in a team that had so many changes was unlikely to see him at his best. Playing with McGinn and Dougie is where he should be judged. That said I was a bit disappointed that when he has played he tends to play more zonal than picking up a player. I'll put that down to instruction rather than his lack of understanding the basics. He may only be 20 but he has a very mature head on him.

Yesterday was another example of why I'm struggling to understand why Unai is playing Tielemans back as a DCM. Apart from the 5 minutes before he was substituted, he may as well have not been on the pitch. His strength is further up the pitch and Unai is doing neither him or the team any favours not playing him there, either starting or from the bench.

Looking back to our form in 2023, the key to our success was our brilliant midfield. We dominated the area which was the reason we had both a great defence and scored goals for fun. Losing Kamara was obviously huge but rather than replace like for like-light, Unai decided to insist on banging in square pegs into round  holes. Some times it worked, other times it hasn't been great. What I can say is that our midfield hasn't looked anything close to the brilliant well oiled machine he built last year.

Call it hindsight or knee jerk off after another disappointing result but right now I'm looking to file it as a missed opportunity.
Agree, Rudy. Well argued, mate.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal