collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Somniloquism
[Today at 05:36:32 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 05:33:28 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Somniloquism
[Today at 05:31:47 PM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by nick harper
[Today at 05:31:35 PM]

Re: The NFL Thread (with added College Football) by Rotterdam
[Today at 05:30:03 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Mellin
[Today at 05:29:21 PM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Rotterdam
[Today at 05:28:40 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by django
[Today at 05:26:58 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tim Iroegbunam  (Read 69704 times)

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
Re: Tim Iroegbunam
« Reply #270 on: January 06, 2023, 12:51:16 PM »
What a load of drivel. What the hell made CC (vomit) a winner at Villa? Lots of kids have done well coming through the ranks. It’s what you do at first team level. I think he got the post at Spurs one time. Ace. He was given opportunities to stay. He didn’t take it. He thought himself bigger than the club. We even brought his  brother in to help him settle and stay. That didn’t work. He’s bet on himself and gone to Chelsea and we’ve take £20m from their bank. It’s a good deal for us. So fuck him and his career.
It's what you do to get their from academy to first team level. And Chukwuemeka was the big noise. Folly to poo poo youth and academy succes as we can't discount he's a winner at club and international level and what achievement for any footballer in their career. Football club were observers and they were Champions league level all having admiring glances and interest. I just think it was disappointing way it was handled and been suggested as if Chukwuemeka was all to blame.

Anyway the debate is on Iroegbunam and if he is to stay or go?
And the developer model of selling players who would be competing for first team spaces here.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #271 on: January 06, 2023, 12:51:18 PM »
Iroegbunam won't be going anywhere. He's on a season-long loan to QPR where he appears to be doing really well. He's still only 19, and I'm sure he'll be in contention for the first team under Emery next season. If a German team or anybody else want him, then bidding starts at £50m.

Online Baldy

« Reply #272 on: January 06, 2023, 12:58:45 PM »
It shocked me yesterday to see a list of players that Everton have purchased for 20 million plus. There were 18 players on the list and most of them turned out shite. Out of intrigue, I googled '50 million pound plus transfer flops in football'. There are tonnes of them.

Even Unai spent 70 million plus on Pepe when he was at Arsenal!!

If we get hold of a gem at youth level, we must do everything in our power to keep them. Chuck's attitude stunk and there was no more we could do.

Hopefully, Tim and a few others will progress at the Villa and potentially save us risking and wasting millions in the long term.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2023, 01:01:23 PM by Baldy »

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #273 on: January 06, 2023, 01:01:47 PM »
What a load of drivel. What the hell made CC (vomit) a winner at Villa? Lots of kids have done well coming through the ranks. It’s what you do at first team level. I think he got the post at Spurs one time. Ace. He was given opportunities to stay. He didn’t take it. He thought himself bigger than the club. We even brought his  brother in to help him settle and stay. That didn’t work. He’s bet on himself and gone to Chelsea and we’ve take £20m from their bank. It’s a good deal for us. So fuck him and his career.
I just think it was disappointing way it was handled and been suggested as if Chukwuemeka was all to blame.

That’s because he was to blame. His head was turned by the rumours of his potential greatness. He was offered deals way above his standing and he turned them down. It’s very well documented. There is a good chance he’d be playing an active role with us right now had he stayed. He chose Chelsea because he saw players like Bellingham succeed at an early age at Dortmund. He’s a million miles from that level.

In a few months Chelsea, who are lying just above us having spent the GDP of a small nation will be looking for the 3rd manager in his time there who will proceed to sign 20 more players and he will pushed further down the order. He’s not the player he thinks he is. That’s not to say he’s not talented but he took the fast route and to date, it hasn’t worked out quite how he had it planned.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #274 on: January 06, 2023, 01:04:05 PM »
It shocked me yesterday to see a list of players that Everton have purchased for 20 million plus. There were 18 players on the list and most of them turned out shite. Out of intrigue, I googled '50 million pound plus transfer flops in football'. There are tonnes of them.

If we get hold of a gem at youth level, we must do everything in our power to keep them. Chuck's attitude stunk and there was no more we could do.

Hopefully, Tim and a few others will progress at the Villa and potentially save us risking and wasting millions in the long term.

I don’t think Emery wanted Pepe.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #275 on: January 06, 2023, 01:07:27 PM »

I think I read Unai wanted Zaha but the club signed Pepe, so perhaps not his fault.

I agree though, it's easy to waste forunes in this game.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #276 on: January 06, 2023, 01:12:57 PM »
Everton's transfer policy has been horrific for years now - buy cast offs and utter dross for insane figures.

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #277 on: January 06, 2023, 01:17:07 PM »
Iroegbunam's opportunity and start against Norwich were exciting, but I was always dissatisfied in the way Gerrard treated him and gave him little else. Tim, according to Gerarrd, needs to discover his voice.
Even though he was one of the leaders and passionate on the field, Gerrard constantly failed to realise that not everyone is the same as him. SG also wasn't the loudest in the locker room or as captain for England. SG acknowledged that while workings as our manager he was still learning.

He wouldn't give Chukwuemeka, Iroegbunam, and Archer a fair chance, obviously annoyed by his inability to get the messages over to some players. Its intimidating for them to deal with Gerrard.
Managers of England heritage in modern today who are better at relating to players as people are Smith Southgate and Potter.
Telling Tim he has to come out of his shell is an example than Gerrard just didn't get it. Same with Chuk and Archer.

McGinn, a blustery and loudmouthed player, was awarded the captaincy under Gerrrad, and Martinez and Young were given leadership positions. Because of 'Character' these young players haven't had chance to establish themselves or even develop maturity to a level where they can fully be leading as that's whats clearly demanded and required by some coaches if a player is to start matches.

Well, when they advanced to the first team football, Archer, Chukwuemeka, and Iroegbunam showed they have plenty of character and good luck to all 3 I'm proud of all of them a creidt to our academy!

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #278 on: January 06, 2023, 01:21:28 PM »
I just think it was disappointing way it was handled and been suggested as if Chukwuemeka was all to blame.

That’s because he was to blame. His head was turned by the rumours of his potential greatness. He was offered deals way above his standing and he turned them down. It’s very well documented. There is a good chance he’d be playing an active role with us right now had he stayed. He chose Chelsea because he saw players like Bellingham succeed at an early age at Dortmund. He’s a million miles from that level.

In a few months Chelsea, who are lying just above us having spent the GDP of a small nation will be looking for the 3rd manager in his time there who will proceed to sign 20 more players and he will pushed further down the order. He’s not the player he thinks he is. That’s not to say he’s not talented but he took the fast route and to date, it hasn’t worked out quite how he had it planned.
Not what I hear regarding my chelsea contact.
The club will have Potter for minimum of 3 seasons as well as remainder of this.
They have a plan in place with the impressive American Boehly

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #279 on: January 06, 2023, 01:24:20 PM »

Not what I hear regarding my chelsea contact.
The club will have Potter for minimum of 3 seasons as well as remainder of this.
They have a plan in place with the impressive American Boehly

I doubt very much he will last three seasons at Chelsea.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #280 on: January 06, 2023, 01:24:53 PM »
Honestly, where to even start with shite? Iroegbunam didn't even come through our academy.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #281 on: January 06, 2023, 01:26:42 PM »
Honestly, where to even start with shite? Iroegbunam didn't even come through our academy.

Didn't we poach Chucky from Northampton as well?

Offline Pat Mustard

« Reply #282 on: January 06, 2023, 01:26:54 PM »
Iroegbunam's opportunity and start against Norwich were exciting, but I was always dissatisfied in the way Gerrard treated him and gave him little else. Tim, according to Gerarrd, needs to discover his voice.
Even though he was one of the leaders and passionate on the field, Gerrard constantly failed to realise that not everyone is the same as him. SG also wasn't the loudest in the locker room or as captain for England. SG acknowledged that while workings as our manager he was still learning.

He wouldn't give Chukwuemeka, Iroegbunam, and Archer a fair chance, obviously annoyed by his inability to get the messages over to some players. Its intimidating for them to deal with Gerrard.
Managers of England heritage in modern today who are better at relating to players as people are Smith Southgate and Potter.
Telling Tim he has to come out of his shell is an example than Gerrard just didn't get it. Same with Chuk and Archer.

McGinn, a blustery and loudmouthed player, was awarded the captaincy under Gerrrad, and Martinez and Young were given leadership positions. Because of 'Character' these young players haven't had chance to establish themselves or even develop maturity to a level where they can fully be leading as that's whats clearly demanded and required by some coaches if a player is to start matches.

Well, when they advanced to the first team football, Archer, Chukwuemeka, and Iroegbunam showed they have plenty of character and good luck to all 3 I'm proud of all of them a creidt to our academy!

I'd give you odds now that Potter won't be there by Christmas, and Chukwuemeka will be playing somewhere else on loan within the same timeframe.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #283 on: January 06, 2023, 01:28:46 PM »
Footy's Chelsea contact:

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #284 on: January 06, 2023, 01:36:05 PM »
Everton's transfer policy has been horrific for years now - buy cast offs and utter dross for insane figures.

And even when their signings produced, the record one had to be quietly ushered out the door.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal