collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tim Iroegbunam  (Read 69710 times)

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
Re: Tim Iroegbunam
« Reply #255 on: January 06, 2023, 11:50:32 AM »
In my opinion, it was a mistake to let Carney Chukwuemeka go because he would have thrived under Emery. Gerrard's attitude toward Chuk is to blame for this.
I hope Iroegbunam is given serious consideration to join the first team squad and play because he is another player who can compete at our level and beyond. Emery is very experienced when it comes to knowing quality and has abilities in bringing through players with talent. I'm hopeful we hold on to Iroegbunam this window.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #256 on: January 06, 2023, 11:55:26 AM »
He may well be Kamara's long-term midfield partner so I wouldn't write him off and start looking for the best money for him just yet.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #257 on: January 06, 2023, 11:56:50 AM »
In my opinion, it was a mistake to let Carney Chukwuemeka go because he would have thrived under Emery. Gerrard's attitude toward Chuk is to blame for this.

It wasn't a mistake, and it wasn't Gerrard's error. Chukwuemeka had been refusing to sign a new contract going back to Dean Smith's time. He appeared to think he was better than he'll probably turn out to be, and was given more playing time than his performances deserved. He was offered silly money to stay, but refused and accepted even crazier money at Chelsea. When a player doesn't want to be here, all you can do is get as much money in as you can, which we duly did.

Fuck him, quite frankly.

Offline pablo_picasso

• Disclaimer: I may appear more grumpy than I am.
  • GM : 17.11.2024
« Reply #258 on: January 06, 2023, 12:02:25 PM »
He may well be Kamara's long-term midfield partner so I wouldn't write him off and start looking for the best money for him just yet.
Exactly. Any talk of selling him is utterly ridiculous.

Offline pablo_picasso

• Disclaimer: I may appear more grumpy than I am.
  • GM : 17.11.2024
« Reply #259 on: January 06, 2023, 12:07:40 PM »

It wasn't a mistake, and it wasn't Gerrard's error. Chukwuemeka had been refusing to sign a new contract going back to Dean Smith's time. He appeared to think he was better than he'll probably turn out to be, and was given more playing time than his performances deserved. He was offered silly money to stay, but refused and accepted even crazier money at Chelsea. When a player doesn't want to be here, all you can do is get as much money in as you can, which we duly did.

Fuck him, quite frankly.
Spot on. They even reneged on the agreement to sign the contract on the condition that we bring his shitty attitude brother to the club. Which we did. His people are not professional & for all the talent Carney potentially has, he has shown nothing at Villa or Chelsea to suggest he deserves more first team football currently. As for Iroegbunam, he has signed a long term professional contract when he turned 18, so we do not run the same risk of losing him as we did with Chuckwemeka. Our first mistake was to big Chuckwemeka up via the media, thanks again Purslow, the utter clown. And the other mistake was to play Chuckwemeka before his 18th birthday & a long term pro contract signing.

Online coreyfeldman

« Reply #260 on: January 06, 2023, 12:13:22 PM »
You can't keep players who want to leave though, such a culture on here of finding someone to blame for everything.

He clearly wanted to force himself into a team in Europe and fair enough, I don't begrudge him of it

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #261 on: January 06, 2023, 12:14:11 PM »

Fuck him, quite frankly.
Exactly.  Particulary the 'fuck him' bit.  With bells on.

Online coreyfeldman

« Reply #262 on: January 06, 2023, 12:21:05 PM »
Jaysus, did he really do much wrong here? He's a kid who didn't want to play for a struggling prem league team. All this fuck him stuff is a bit strong innit

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #263 on: January 06, 2023, 12:34:40 PM »

Fuck him, quite frankly.

That's not how I view it at all, and I think that's a narrative Windsor House can be proud of. Chukwuemeka a winner for Villa, and he was a standout performer and winner when he competed for England at his age level. Gerrard, like he did to many other players, demotivated CC, and the way he interacted with him and numerous other more seasoned players was, to put it mildly, detrimental.
In football circles , it is acknowledged that CC was atalent above his years.

It's unfortunate that Chelsea was his destination, but with the changeover he has reason for optimism thanks to Potter's skills with Boehly  plan.
In his chance yesterday against Man City, CC showed promise.
He demonstrated this yesterday against Manchester City. He came close to scoring twice against Manchester City in games. One for us with a great run into the box and one for Chelsea (he hit the post yesterday)

If these young players do move on then it's considered the best move career wise is to German football-it is an excellent grounding for football education for overseas cultures to learn discipline and football intelligence

« Last Edit: January 06, 2023, 01:22:28 PM by Footy-Vill »

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #264 on: January 06, 2023, 12:35:37 PM »
Then there's Tim, but what about Iroegbunam?
Gerrard and Beale brought him on somewhat and then has done exceptionally well under Beale at QPR (an Irony Critchely is now head coach there)

So really, that is the topic under debate and the title of the thread. Iroegbunam he and his performances.
Chukwuemeka merely serves as a recent case study and comparison of what transpired with a breakout player at Villa. (Plus his thread seems to have bitterly disappeared?)

So is continuing to market these guys part of our strategy?
Are Villa just going to continue selling such players now with Iroegbunam?
I very much hope under Emery that's not the case.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #265 on: January 06, 2023, 12:38:58 PM »
What a load of drivel. What the hell made CC (vomit) a winner at Villa? Lots of kids have done well coming through the ranks. It’s what you do at first team level. I think he got the post at Spurs one time. Ace. He was given opportunities to stay. He didn’t take it. He thought himself bigger than the club. We even brought his  brother in to help him settle and stay. That didn’t work. He’s bet on himself and gone to Chelsea and we’ve take £20m from their bank. It’s a good deal for us. So fuck him and his career.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #266 on: January 06, 2023, 12:46:00 PM »
Then there's Tim, but what about Iroegbunam?
Gerrard and Beale brought him on somewhat and then has done exceptionally well under Beale at QPR (an Irony Critchely is now head coach there)

So really, that is the topic under debate and the title of the thread. Iroegbunam he and his performances.
Chukwuemeka merely serves as a recent case study and comparison of what transpired with a breakout player at Villa. (Plus his thread seems to have bitterly disappeared?)

So is continuing to market these guys part of our strategy?
Are Villa just going to continue selling such players now with Iroegbunam?
I very much hope under Emery that's not the case.

With the absolute upmost respect, that's the biggest load of pointless tripe I've read for a while. We sold Carney because he wouldn't sign a new deal and you know that.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #267 on: January 06, 2023, 12:47:05 PM »

That's not how I view it at all, and I think that's a narrative Windsor House can be proud of. Chukwuemeka a winner for Villa, and he was a standout performer and winner when he competed for England at his age level. Gerrard, like he did to many other players, demotivated CC, and the way he interacted with him and numerous other more seasoned players was, to put it mildly, detrimental.
In football circles , it is acknowledged that CC was atalent above his years.

It's unfortunate that Chelsea was his destination, but with the changeover he has reason for optimism thanks to Potter's skills and Boylen's plan.
In his chance yesterday against Man City, CC showed promise.
He demonstrated this yesterday against Manchester City. He came close to scoring twice against Manchester City in games. One for us with a great run into the box and one for Chelsea (he hit the post yesterday)

If these young players do move on then it's considered the best move career wise is to German football-it is an excellent grounding for football education for overseas cultures to learn discipline and football intelligence

I couldn't give a moneky's how you view it, you're just completely wrong. Gerrard and Smith both gave him playing time, but unlike Jacob Ramsey his performances weren't good enough to warrant any more time than he got. He refused to sign a new contract under both of them, and it's good that we rinsed Chelsea for £20m. I don't think he'd be playing any more for Emery than he is for Potter. Potter will be getting the sack before much longer, anyway.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #268 on: January 06, 2023, 12:48:28 PM »
It's like having a Talksport Drive Time plug in attached to the site sometimes, controvesial hot takes galore.

Offline bob

« Reply #269 on: January 06, 2023, 12:49:14 PM »

Fuck him, quite frankly.

That's not how I view it at all, and I think that's a narrative Windsor House can be proud of.

Outrageous assertion. You should apologise.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal