collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Calum Chambers -signed  (Read 46666 times)

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
Re: Calum Chambers -signed
« Reply #465 on: April 29, 2024, 07:10:50 PM »
It was a theory that has been debunked, though he is not the best pro he can be because the best pros play football games.
Let's just agree to disagree if we don't agree and have different opinions about why he's not playing, but it's been highlighted now by Risso as Emery, who has spoken about Chambers' role. Now that have been made aware nothing more to discuss. It was the whole point of my asking what's going on with Chambers.
Let us move forward now and think of semi final on Thursday that's the main talking point really.

Offline VillaTim

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #466 on: April 29, 2024, 07:18:09 PM »
The way things are going he may still have a vital role to play this season. Let's get behind him .

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #467 on: April 29, 2024, 07:21:02 PM »
Yes that's fair enough. At the end of the day he could be called upon like Olsen has.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #468 on: April 29, 2024, 07:35:05 PM »
It was a theory that has been debunked, though he is not the best pro he can be because the best pros play football games.
Let's just agree to disagree if we don't agree and have different opinions about why he's not playing, but it's been highlighted now by Risso as Emery, who has spoken about Chambers' role. Now that have been made aware nothing more to discuss. It was the whole point of my asking what's going on with Chambers.
Let us move forward now and think of semi final on Thursday that's the main talking point really.

No you weren't just asking what was going on, you were making claims about his character and professionalism with absolutely nothing to back them up. If it was one off no one would call you out on it but this has happened multiple times with you having posed similar nonsense about Martinez, Cash and McGinn just off the top of my head. Just stop it, if you want to start a discussion about whether a player has a chance look at the Iroegbunam thread and see how people are talking without claiming that he kicks puppies, steals from babies or listens to U2.

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #469 on: April 29, 2024, 07:44:34 PM »

No you weren't just asking what was going on, you were making claims about his character and professionalism with absolutely nothing to back them up. If it was one off no one would call you out on it but this has happened multiple times with you having posed similar nonsense about Martinez, Cash and McGinn just off the top of my head. Just stop it, if you want to start a discussion about whether a player has a chance look at the Iroegbunam thread and see how people are talking without claiming that he kicks puppies, steals from babies or listens to U2.
I have 5 things.
1. It was simply theory to why Chambers wasn't playing
2. Those theories you're saying particularly about animals and babies are appalling and I have never ever said those so take that back on aspersions.
3. I started the discussion on Iroegbunam so I already discuss him
4. I'm unhappy by your post to poke at me when it's been agreed to disagree it was all resolved
5. it's been informed what Emery point is about Chambers

Thank you.

Offline Tayls_7

• GM : 13.09.2024
« Reply #470 on: April 29, 2024, 07:46:49 PM »
That's cheered me right up that  ;D

Offline VillaTim

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #471 on: April 29, 2024, 07:58:04 PM »

Hang on , what's wrong with U2 .

Offline danno

« Reply #472 on: April 29, 2024, 08:12:15 PM »

Oh Tim, that question would have been a banning offence years ago. The answer is Bono btw.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #473 on: April 29, 2024, 10:11:34 PM »
This thread definitely has an edge to it.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #474 on: April 29, 2024, 10:23:10 PM »
He's a bog standard PL player who is more versatile than most, but doesn't really excel at anything in particular, and is the sort we need to replace with better - doesn't need to be a 20m signing, just needs to be better at filling that role in the squad.

Inventing some sort of 'bad apple' theory, particularly when UE has gone out of his way to say what a 'good man' he thinks he is, is so random and needless.

Offline pauliewalnuts

« Reply #475 on: April 29, 2024, 10:23:53 PM »

Offline pauliewalnuts

« Reply #476 on: April 29, 2024, 10:27:26 PM »
Also: searching for posts containing U2 by, err, you know, that former user, is quite revealing.

You need to get better at covering your tracks.

Offline edgysatsuma89

« Reply #478 on: April 30, 2024, 12:37:42 AM »
This thread definitely has an edge to it.

Now it does 😎

Do people dislike The Edge? I get Bono, he oozes pretentious ******, but I don't know enough about The Edge. I mean, being known as that is a bit wanky.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #479 on: April 30, 2024, 12:44:09 AM »

Not necessarily.  A good pro might accept that he's way down the pecking order, but still train hard and be a positive presence around the club, knowing that they may be needed at some point in the season and making sure they are prepared for that time when it comes.   

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal