collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Calum Chambers -signed  (Read 41482 times)

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
Re: Calum Chambers -signed
« Reply #210 on: March 11, 2022, 06:39:06 AM »
He looks like he is loving it. A roll your sleeves up type player who not long ago was highly rated and tipped to be a big player. He obviously has talent, his weakness has been a tendency to dive in and rush when he needs to be calm. He has been given a chance and has grabbed it with both hands.
Absolute peach of a strike.

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #211 on: March 11, 2022, 07:09:25 AM »
A cracking goal and another clean sheet with him in the team. You can't argue with that and I'm a big Konsa fan.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #212 on: March 11, 2022, 07:15:02 AM »
What a brilliant goal I had a good view from where I was sitting just brilliant.

Offline caster troy

« Reply #213 on: March 11, 2022, 10:06:57 AM »
On his debut after a few 'agricultural' early touches I said he looked a limited player... how wrong can you be! Looks like we have four extremely solid centre backs now which is a huge positive.

Offline Pat Mustard

« Reply #214 on: March 11, 2022, 10:29:02 AM »
I thought he was terrific tonight, even before and without his goal.  Sceptical initially, I'm now looking forward to him becoming a big player for us and i think he might just be the player that Mings needs alongside him (with all due respect to Konsa, who I like a lot).

Totally agree with this and said the same thing last night.  Konsa has got a big future, but I get the impression that when Mings is alongside him that Mings is having to do all of the organising and not concentrating on his own game.  A great comparison is with the first Leeds game a few weeks back - Mings was getting stick for making mistakes in that game, but from my perspective he was doing the job of both centre-backs at times.  Their third goal that night was the real case in point, Mings having just made a couple of last-ditch clearances was at the point where a mistake was becoming inevitable.

With Chambers you can already see he is much more comfortable organising people around and in front of him, which is allowing Mings to focus on his own game.  I can see this being our CB partnership for the rest of this season now unless something happens to either of them.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #215 on: March 12, 2022, 07:30:20 AM »
After the Newcastle game I was worried about his confidence.

But the last 3 games he’s contributed to clean sheets and a goal.

Thought it was good business when we signed him, but he’s shown he has great technical ability.

Could be a stroke of genius signing considering the fee, if there were one at all.

Offline BC Villain

« Reply #216 on: March 12, 2022, 07:46:31 AM »
Shades of Stauntons goal at Manure in 93, with the sound of the net rattling

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #217 on: May 10, 2022, 01:35:15 PM »
Put him for another start v Liverpool today. Earned the right and would put him ahead of Konsa if not deployed in midfield again

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #218 on: May 11, 2022, 02:30:27 PM »
Unlucky not to start last night or even come on as a sub after doing well at Burnley. I wonder how long he'll stick around as a reserve/utility cos I can't seem him being a regular starter and that's what he left Arsenal for.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #219 on: May 11, 2022, 02:39:55 PM »
Unlucky not to start last night or even come on as a sub after doing well at Burnley. I wonder how long he'll stick around as a reserve/utility cos I can't seem him being a regular starter and that's what he left Arsenal for.

I don't agree with that last bit to be honest. I'm sure all players want to be starting every game, but he also joined knowing that Mings and Konsa were first choice central defenders, and that we're an ambitious club likely to strengthen further in the summer. I think he's probably aware that his versatility is both a strength and a weakness, in that he'll be a guaranteed squad member without necessarily starting many games.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #220 on: May 11, 2022, 03:51:44 PM »
Hope so but he strikes me as the type who will move to Palace/back to Fulham if he's only made half a dozen starts or less by next January.

Hause signed a new deal in January but hasn't been heard of since (injured, lately, granted) and there's been talk about him leaving for WH in the summer (him and Watkins in a Brucie Bonus deal...imagine how under-whelmed you'd be...).

I just think, for where we're at - only playing 40 games a season (no Europe and shite/terrible draws in the domestic cups), settled positions like defence are going to mean a lot of under-studies kicking their heels next season. The alternative is to promote more youth as back-ups but obviously it's a risky strategy if they suddenly have to play for an extended run of games due to injuries. You could also argue that having senior players as replacements pushes the first-steam starters in training and reduces complacency. But if they ain't getting the game time, it's gonna be a juggling act. We need to be in Europe asap.

Offline Londonvilla

« Reply #221 on: June 22, 2022, 09:24:29 PM »

THE SUMMER SERIES | CALUM CHAMBERS & JONATHAN BOND | ARSENAL | ASTON VILLA | LA GALAXY

A bit too much Arsenal but it's okay

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #222 on: June 22, 2022, 09:49:52 PM »

THE SUMMER SERIES | CALUM CHAMBERS & JONATHAN BOND | ARSENAL | ASTON VILLA | LA GALAXY

A bit too much Arsenal but it's okay

From the photo, Bono looks much less of a c*nt than he normally does.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #223 on: June 22, 2022, 10:17:21 PM »
Any Arsenal is too much Arsenal.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #224 on: August 24, 2022, 09:37:00 PM »
Sold himself for the Bolton goal yesterday

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal