collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Boubacar Kamara - out for the season  (Read 168787 times)

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
Re: Boubacar Kamara - out for the season
« Reply #1740 on: February 23, 2024, 07:52:05 AM »
Makes me admire the professionalism, to be honest.

I dislocated my knee almost nine years ago now, and I haven't run, kicked a ball, or even walked properly since. I'm just too worried about it giving in again.

Even walking down steps, I go left foot on every step, because I don't want to risk putting pressure on my right and again seeing my leg at a hideous angle with my kneecap off to the side.

You are not giving your bodies healing the trust it deserves. I did similar playing 5-a-side after work 20 odd years ago. I tried doing a reverse pass but my planted foot didn't twist, the knee did instead. I was playing again a few months later and not had any issues with that knee since.

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #1741 on: February 23, 2024, 08:58:08 AM »
WTF is he watching?

His footing I'd guess.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #1742 on: February 23, 2024, 09:50:51 AM »
Out until September/October.

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #1743 on: February 23, 2024, 10:04:29 AM »

Offline kipeye

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1744 on: February 23, 2024, 10:23:32 AM »
I wonder if the heavy watering of pitches is contributing to these injuries. Most, if not all seem to occur when a foot goes from under a player and not as a direct result of a tackle.

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #1745 on: February 23, 2024, 10:33:43 AM »
I wonder if the heavy watering of pitches is contributing to these injuries. Most, if not all seem to occur when a foot goes from under a player and not as a direct result of a tackle.

Hard to see that being the issue when back in the 70s and 80s and before pitches were nowhere near the standard they are now as around this time they were mainly grass-less mud heaps.  However, the technology that keeps them as such.. turf intertwined with plastic fibers might have some impact. Maybe we're just unlucky.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #1746 on: February 23, 2024, 11:19:14 AM »
Out until September/October.

It will be a slow and careful re-introduction. Unless Iroegbunam really makes an impression between now and the end of the season, I can see us bringing someone in who can offer genuine competition to Kamara, even when he's fully fit. Nobody else can do what he does as well as he can. Also will need a right back and striker.

Offline Smithy

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #1747 on: February 23, 2024, 11:25:04 AM »

Hard to see that being the issue when back in the 70s and 80s and before pitches were nowhere near the standard they are now as around this time they were mainly grass-less mud heaps.  However, the technology that keeps them as such.. turf intertwined with plastic fibers might have some impact. Maybe we're just unlucky.

We're not doing anything radically different to anyone else, and our ACL injuries this season happened on three different pitches. I think we've just been VERY unlucky.  To be fair, the arrival of Pau and Diaby helped mitigate the loss of Mings and Buendia, but the loss of Bouba is a much more significant hit to the way we play.

Offline Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #1748 on: February 23, 2024, 11:31:35 AM »
WTF is he watching?

Four Weddings and a Funeralling.

I want to know why he's staying at Bertie's gaff.

Offline Concrete Tom

• GM : Aug, 2013
« Reply #1749 on: February 23, 2024, 02:26:35 PM »

Not too sure about watering pitches - it's hardly a recent innovation.

But I have found a few papers which suggest that lack of sleep is a contributing factor for sports injuries? Could be relevant as Bouba is a new Dad.

Offline kipeye

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1750 on: February 24, 2024, 11:24:13 AM »

We're not doing anything radically different to anyone else, and our ACL injuries this season happened on three different pitches. I think we've just been VERY unlucky.  To be fair, the arrival of Pau and Diaby helped mitigate the loss of Mings and Buendia, but the loss of Bouba is a much more significant hit to the way we play.
No, but there are a lot of ACL injuries at other clubs too.

Offline Mellin

« Reply #1751 on: February 24, 2024, 12:38:43 PM »
We've obviously had bad luck with injuries this season, but at least it waited for us to have a decent squad. If we'd have lost three players of similar importance the year we'd come up, we'd have gone straight back down.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal