collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bottle Job  (Read 9022 times)

Offline Chico Hamilton III

Re: Bottle Job
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2022, 10:50:41 AM »
Remember when someone chucked a coin at Carragher at Highbury and he chucked it back. Didn’t Gaza once eat a Mars Bar that was thrown at him?

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2022, 10:58:45 AM »
Football Manager fans may remember Kennedy Bakircioglu catching and downing a beer thrown from the stands.

Online Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2022, 11:03:03 AM »
Commentators say nothing when big name players cup their ears or put the finger on the lips in front of home ends. Jon Champion's comments about our players celebrating a goal in front of the Everton fans was classic Sky claptrap. If it had happened at Villa Park last week to one of their precious Manure players, they'd still be talking about it now.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2022, 11:15:05 AM »
Remember when someone chucked a coin at Carragher at Highbury and he chucked it back. Didn’t Gaza once eat a Mars Bar that was thrown at him?

Mark Crossley picked up a Mars Bar at Forest in front of us and eat it.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2022, 11:21:51 AM »
Fans spend 90 minutes calling players wankers and the second a player gives them a little wink or a smirk they lose their shit.
I am sorry but players have NO right to have a go at fans. Fans in the ground pay their money, players are there to perform. However there is no way fans should be throwing stuff to harm players.

Offline nigel

« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2022, 11:43:47 AM »
As Risso says, why on earth would you drink from that bottle? Daft move.

You’ll never get away with chucking anything onto the field, you’ll either get dobbed in or the CCTV will get you.

Really daft move. Hopefully he’s realised that now.

Did he actually take a swig, or did he just pretend?

Online Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 14.03.2024
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2022, 11:48:31 AM »

You’ll never get away with chucking anything onto the field, you’ll either get dobbed in or the CCTV will get you.
I'd rather drink a Scouser's piss than Lucozade.

I'd say there's a reasonable chance he did.
I was hinting at that in the post. The point about it being sealed is a fair one, but even then I doubt I'd drink from it after it has been held by a pissy-fingered unwashed Everton fan.*

* No offence to Everton fans intended; the bottle-thrower may well have washed his hands regularly after having a piss and scratching his arse etc.

Online UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2022, 11:52:44 AM »

Did they identify the cabbage thrower ?

Online The Edge

« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2022, 11:57:08 AM »
Nd because of these utter twats, everyone else continue to have drinks without lids.

At this rate I can see them banning bottled drinks completely.

That's not why they make you take the top off.

It is because if you leave a bottle with top on on the floor, if there's an emergency, they're a trip hazard.
Is that right ? Sure I’d been told before that it was so it couldn’t be used as a weapon ie: throwing a bottle with no lid would likely lose the contents and therefore the weight. Whichever way, I can see this being the end of bottles being handed out and contents going into plastic glasses.
And how long before this gets linked to the return of standing…..

Yep, it's definitely right. The whole missile thing doesn't help but it's not the main consideration. I can definitely see a bottleless future. Just whack pints in Caprisun pouches.
My preferred option is to take an orange into the ground with vodka injected into it.

Online The Edge

« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2022, 12:01:55 PM »

I'm the cabbage thrower and so's my wife

Offline Villa Lew

• GM : 16.08.2024
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2022, 12:03:17 PM »
Jon Campion is the only one I've heard that criticised the Villa players and he is an idiot, otherwise BT commentators and pundits, Match of the Day, the papers all condemned the action of the Everton fans.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2022, 12:05:20 PM »

What was never established was if Bruce kept it.

It is, after all, a key ingredient of a full Donner Kebab.

Offline Goldenballs

« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2022, 12:17:06 PM »
Fans spend 90 minutes calling players wankers and the second a player gives them a little wink or a smirk they lose their shit.
I am sorry but players have NO right to have a go at fans. Fans in the ground pay their money, players are there to perform. However there is no way fans should be throwing stuff to harm players.

In what other job should people be expected to accept constant abuse without telling them to shush?  People pay nurses wages, you get in a taxi and pay his wages in a way.

Offline martin o`who??

• Apparently I am my own worst enemy.
« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2022, 12:38:53 PM »
In fact we should just remove the human interaction element completely and just play FIFA......

Offline SamTheMouse

• Location: The Land of the Fragrant Founders of Human Rights, Fine Wines & Bikinis
  • GM : 03.11.2024
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2022, 12:48:25 PM »

Mark Crossley picked up a Mars Bar at Forest in front of us and eat it.

He'd probably brought it with him, the lardy git.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal