collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Robin Olsen  (Read 83313 times)

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
Re: Robin Olsen
« Reply #285 on: November 11, 2022, 12:34:22 PM »
Nyland at least produced one world class display that got us to a cup final, which for me elevates him above that group a little.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #286 on: November 11, 2022, 12:35:27 PM »
Nyland at least produced one world class display that got us to a cup final, which for me elevates him above that group a little.
And made a world class save against Sheffield United, the only reason we stayed up.

I think my 'favourite' shit GK moment was seven foot Kalinic being chipped, while standing on his line against WBA.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2022, 12:37:10 PM by LukeJames »

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #287 on: November 11, 2022, 12:37:41 PM »
And made a world class save against Sheffield United, the only reason we stayed up.

Hmm, didn't he carry the ball over the line the same day. I remember him more in the championship, wasnt there a circus of a performance v West Brom? Maybe redeemed himself a bit in that cup run alright.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #288 on: November 11, 2022, 12:38:18 PM »

Hmm, didn't he carry the ball over the line the same day. 

Whooooooooosh!

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #289 on: November 11, 2022, 12:40:18 PM »

Hmm, didn't he carry the ball over the line the same day. I remember him more in the championship, wasnt there a circus of a performance v West Brom? Maybe redeemed himself a bit in that cup run alright.

He did a hologram impression at home to Forest in that mad 5-5 game.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #290 on: November 11, 2022, 12:41:52 PM »
He's an awful keeper. How he's played internationally is beyond me. We must have a better youth keeper. This one is scared of the ball.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #291 on: November 11, 2022, 01:14:44 PM »
Either he's a lot better than he's shown (hopefully) or it's really mad that he's Sweden's best goalkeeper. I mean Sweden is a proper country. If you told me he was Gibraltar's first choice I'd be thinking "surely they can do better".

Spoiler for Witty riposte for anyone who thinks this would be an opportune moment to make a jibe about Scotland:
Piss off.

As I said in the match thread, you can say the same for Croatia and Kalinic.

Surprisingly, you can't - he didn't make their World Cup squad as they have three better keepers, and even then he's spend most of his international career behind Subasic until he retired a few years ago.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #292 on: November 11, 2022, 01:45:59 PM »
Who the fuck scouted this guy?

Was at Copengahen the same time as Lange.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #293 on: November 11, 2022, 04:50:14 PM »
I was genuinely scared any time the ball went near him for most of the match.

Not had that for a long time.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #294 on: November 11, 2022, 04:55:51 PM »
Either he's a lot better than he's shown (hopefully) or it's really mad that he's Sweden's best goalkeeper. I mean Sweden is a proper country. If you told me he was Gibraltar's first choice I'd be thinking "surely they can do better".

Spoiler for Witty riposte for anyone who thinks this would be an opportune moment to make a jibe about Scotland:
Piss off.

As I said in the match thread, you can say the same for Croatia and Kalinic.

Surprisingly, you can't - he didn't make their World Cup squad as they have three better keepers, and even then he's spend most of his international career behind Subasic until he retired a few years ago.

As in Kalinic has been their number one keeper at some point. He was, that's a fact.

Offline Duncan Shaw

« Reply #295 on: November 11, 2022, 04:57:00 PM »
I never want to see this guy in our team again!

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #296 on: November 11, 2022, 04:59:10 PM »
I'd acknowledge that this guy hasn't played much first team football so that added to his struggle.
I'll maintain that Olsen and Martinez would both struggle with the ball at their feet and distribution.
Overall Martinez is the number one by some distance as a goalkeeper but the point stands I would have concerns on the possession of any goalkeeper under Emery but accepting that's the managers style.
It may not be to the strengths and preferred way but will go along with it.

You were right about him dislodging Martinez as first choice before Boxing Day though eh?

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #297 on: November 11, 2022, 04:59:48 PM »
Might be the worst back up keeper we’ve had in a very long time. How is he the best in Sweden?

He isn't. But football managers in Sweden are no different to other countries: Many coaches play their favorites regardless of form or performance. See Southgate for an illustrative example.

Olsen has been mediocre ever since his first (half) season at Roma.

He was dropped by Sheffield United in the Championship, which I think sums him up.

And their fans all laughed at me when I said we'd signed him.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #298 on: November 11, 2022, 05:08:54 PM »
At least he had a decent first-half...
That's a joke I know as he was equally crap without conceding

Online jwarry

« Reply #299 on: November 11, 2022, 05:18:51 PM »
Sinisalo and Marschall are both better and younger and I’m sure it won’t take long for Unai to realise

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal