collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Manchester City vs Aston Villa Post-Match Thread.  (Read 25127 times)

Offline Pat McMahon

Re: Manchester City vs Aston Villa Post-Match Thread.
« Reply #315 on: May 24, 2022, 06:31:01 PM »
my biggest frustration was when the momentum shifted we didnt do more to stop it.  I Nalamba made sense at the time.  But when they got there first we should have done the kind of gamesmanship the top teams do.

Like Man City did against Real Madrid?   ;D
We’ll you could argue that they were found lacking of character in that game and maybe so we’re we.  I’m not saying if we had done that we would have held on but I just think we could have made the last 15 mins a lot more tricky for them

I completely agree. We should hire Diego Simeone as a consultant, much as I hate his teams.

Offline KKAVFC

« Reply #316 on: May 24, 2022, 07:44:13 PM »
Have to say, Foden was absolutely brilliant, what a player.

Totally agree, for my money the most-underrated player in their squad. If I had been part of the Greasy transfer saga I would have told the Citeh negotiators to forget the £1M fee & offered to swop our "top player" for Foden, sorted !

Offline dcdavecollett

« Reply #317 on: May 28, 2022, 11:54:49 PM »
Anyone else wondering when someone -anyone- in our press/media corps might want to just mention the fact that we were pushing hard for a win near ten o'clock on Thursday night and that this could at least partially explain why we ran of steam towards the end of the game? So much for the integrity of the competition! (I exempt many on here who have made this point). Looks like we're gonna need more Villa people in the media before we get a square deal.

Of course, making this point could take away some of the glory from the great Pep who's a genius, so we'd all better shut up, then...

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #318 on: May 29, 2022, 12:21:29 AM »
Running out of steam is an issue and yes we were always likely to struggle during the last 15 minutes or so however this was a shameful capitulation. We were shown up to be a weak belly team that fell over like a house of cards when pushed. I am afraid there are no excuses regardless of whatever media have made of it.

Offline dcdavecollett

« Reply #319 on: May 29, 2022, 02:11:58 AM »
I don't deny your conclusion; my real point is how poor and unbalanced the coverage of the 'other' clubs is.

For example, watching the highlights on MOTD, ALL the comments and analysis was about Citeh, nothing about Villa. However bad the collapse was, surely a team leading on merit at that venue should have been treated with more respect than that?

Perhaps we should realise our place -that we are just there to make up the numbers, both in the table and in the media.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal