collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa 2-1 Leicester City post match thread  (Read 26808 times)

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
Re: Aston Villa 2-1 Leicester City post match thread
« Reply #105 on: December 05, 2021, 09:34:49 PM »
I missed the second half, timed very badly with our Sunday Roast and a driving lesson for my eldest I had to do.

It was a tough watch the first half, I though they played very well and caused all sorts of problems. That was an outrageous decision from VAR, absolutely ridiculous. It was as clear cut as anything I’ve seen in a replay.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #106 on: December 05, 2021, 09:35:05 PM »
I'm going to disagree with everyone, to the letter of the law once is hand is on top of the ball he was deemed to be in posession, I might not tike it but that's what it says. Cash needs to spend many hours practising crossing the ball, very wasteful, Marvelous was Marvelous and was impressed with Chuks cameo. Thought both teams were in a battle to see who could give the ball away the most in the first half but Villa were dominant in the second, the only complaint I have is that we missed some very easy chances to put the game away.

Offline nick harper

• GM : Feb, 2012
« Reply #107 on: December 05, 2021, 09:45:10 PM »
It was a moving tribute to little Arthur I thought and fitting that the game stopped so everyone could join in.

Online Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #108 on: December 05, 2021, 09:45:25 PM »
I'm going to disagree with everyone, to the letter of the law once is hand is on top of the ball he was deemed to be in posession, I might not tike it but that's what it says. Cash needs to spend many hours practising crossing the ball, very wasteful, Marvelous was Marvelous and was impressed with Chuks cameo. Thought both teams were in a battle to see who could give the ball away the most in the first half but Villa were dominant in the second, the only complaint I have is that we missed some very easy chances to put the game away.

It’s not possession, it’s control, which if you consider being in control means having one hand on a ball for a tenth of a second then you crack on.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #109 on: December 05, 2021, 09:46:23 PM »
It was a moving tribute to little Arthur I thought and fitting that the game stopped so everyone could join in.

That is great to hear. Any video footage of it?

Offline Flin5tone

• Say NO to Monster
« Reply #110 on: December 05, 2021, 09:51:39 PM »
Absolutely fantastic win today! 3 out of 4 with the fixtures we had is a very,very impressive return and we came close to getting a Draw from the Man City game. The midfield is looking much better and some players are starting to step up! first half there was some stupid play and dithering at the back was infuriating at times but that was sorted at the interval. Well Done Steven.

6th minute applause was superb and the atmosphere in general was electric.

Shame those final seats were not sold and it was not a full house to witness the victory.
Food and Drink looked a little better today but still not quick enough to tempt me to join the large line of people looking rather infuriated .

Offline Rich6by7

« Reply #111 on: December 05, 2021, 09:56:03 PM »
Class from all concerned regarding the sixth minute applause; hopefully the sections of the crowd who join in the chant including the line “if you are a City fan surrender or you die” may think twice about that in future. We’ll played today Villa, Marv MOTM for me, and a Bosnich-esque save from Martinez to boot.

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #112 on: December 05, 2021, 09:56:34 PM »

It’s not possession, it’s control, which if you consider being in control means having one hand on a ball for a tenth of a second then you crack on.

Also it doesn’t apply after making a save ?  it is all abit ambiguous.  When did it change from 2 hands on the ball?

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #113 on: December 05, 2021, 09:59:16 PM »
There’s control and there’s a tenth of a second with the ball under your palm. It’s bollocks.

Control was irrelevant anyway, as it had rebounded off him after making a save.

Offline lovejoy

« Reply #114 on: December 05, 2021, 10:02:29 PM »
Exactly, the handball rule being quoted has an except for part which renders this nonsense what it is, nonsense.

I think.

Online Goldenballs

« Reply #115 on: December 05, 2021, 10:03:40 PM »
Has anyone seen a replay of Evans going down when Watkins went through? Was it a foul or another one to add to the "ref is a useless ******" list

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #116 on: December 05, 2021, 10:06:33 PM »
Has anyone seen a replay of Evans going down when Watkins went through? Was it a foul or another one to add to the "ref is a useless ******" list

Forgot about that one

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #117 on: December 05, 2021, 10:07:25 PM »

Add it to the the list for the gormless twat.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #118 on: December 05, 2021, 10:12:03 PM »

Also it doesn’t apply after making a save ?  it is all abit ambiguous.  When did it change from 2 hands on the ball?

It's not really that ambiguous as the rule states that the keeper is deemed to be in control of the ball if, "the ball is between the hands or between the hand and any surface (e.g. ground, own body) or by touching it with any part of the hands or arms except if the ball rebounds accidentally from the goalkeeper or the goalkeeper has made a save".

The bit in bold is the key for me and it is why the goal should have stood. 

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #119 on: December 05, 2021, 10:12:25 PM »
Class from all concerned regarding the sixth minute applause; hopefully the sections of the crowd who join in the chant including the line “if you are a City fan surrender or you die” may think twice about that in future. We’ll played today Villa, Marv MOTM for me, and a Bosnich-esque save from Martinez to boot.

To be honest, it was a brilliant feature of the game today that no chants about Birmingham City took off. Maybe we could make a habit of that.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal