collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa 2 Brighton 0 post match thread  (Read 30722 times)

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
Re: Aston Villa 2 Brighton 0 post match thread
« Reply #210 on: November 21, 2021, 01:06:18 PM »
Fair play to El Ghazi, without that run Watkins doesn’t have the goal open up for the (excellent) finish.

We looked far more solid and that has to be the basis for now, let’s get back to being hard  to beat. Feels like we’ve tried to change a bit too much too quickly this season at a cost of defensive shape and solidity. There’s plenty for Gerrard & co to figure out but if we can just  get that back first, we’ll start getting points on the board.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #211 on: November 21, 2021, 01:09:49 PM »
I thought there were times where we clearly were moving better off the ball in midfield, making more angles and options than before, and the was definitely an emphasis on taking fewer touches before the pass. Also, notable absence of hopeless long punts and long throws.

The new coaching team has only had the players for three full days of work, so we can't expect miracles just yet - and indeed, I thought it was interesting how well they started each half after SG had had donne minutes to remind them what to do before falling back into some older habits. Overall though, I thought there were some really encouraging signs.

Busy old fool, unruly sun...

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #212 on: November 21, 2021, 01:21:08 PM »
I thought there were times where we clearly were moving better off the ball in midfield, making more angles and options than before, and the was definitely an emphasis on taking fewer touches before the pass. Also, notable absence of hopeless long punts and long throws.

The new coaching team has only had the players for three full days of work, so we can't expect miracles just yet - and indeed, I thought it was interesting how well they started each half after SG had had donne minutes to remind them what to do before falling back into some older habits. Overall though, I thought there were some really encouraging signs.

Thou saucy pedantic wretch.

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #213 on: November 21, 2021, 01:27:17 PM »

Thou saucy pedantic wretch.

I am two fools, I know.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #214 on: November 21, 2021, 01:34:10 PM »
Nice to see Donne get a mention on here, 'At the round earth's imagin'd corners, blow' is the only poem I recall studying at school, along with 'Paradise Lost'.

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #215 on: November 21, 2021, 01:39:26 PM »
He's a giant. One of the very best, in my arrogant opinion.

Offline Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #216 on: November 21, 2021, 01:42:16 PM »
That fucking idiot dressed up as a 30 year old Harry Enfield sketch, mugging for the TV cameras like a ******. What an absolute weapon. It's so cringe and small time. Complete arsehole.

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #217 on: November 21, 2021, 01:43:02 PM »
John Donne?!

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #218 on: November 21, 2021, 02:10:44 PM »
That fucking idiot dressed up as a 30 year old Harry Enfield sketch, mugging for the TV cameras like a ******. What an absolute weapon. It's so cringe and small time. Complete arsehole.
Calm down calm down.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #219 on: November 21, 2021, 02:12:54 PM »

Yeh I thought the same too. Massive fucking bell end.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #220 on: November 21, 2021, 02:22:00 PM »

Him and Marvell above Herbert for me of that lot (there's something in Herbert's religiosity that just doesn't reach me like Donne manages).

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #221 on: November 21, 2021, 02:23:23 PM »

Totally agree Stu, what an absolute clown.

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #222 on: November 21, 2021, 02:24:25 PM »

Figured it was a Paddy Power stunt or some such.

Shirley our own fans wouldn't be that daft.

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #223 on: November 21, 2021, 02:32:18 PM »

Him and Marvell above Herbert for me of that lot (there's something in Herbert's religiosity that just doesn't reach me like Donne manages).

He stands alone in my view (although posts passim will illustrate that you're way more learned than me!)

Offline Flin5tone

• Say NO to Monster
« Reply #224 on: November 21, 2021, 02:36:13 PM »
Ashley Young and El Ghazi were absolutely fantastic after another horrendous display from Buendia. Lightweight and not up to the Premier League

Thought Mings had a great game and defence more solid

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal