collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The January New Manager Warchest Transfer Thread  (Read 361458 times)

Offline exigo

Re: The January New Manager Warchest Transfer Thread
« Reply #2265 on: January 25, 2022, 06:25:23 PM »
131 appearances over 4½ years along with 3 Serie A titles and 2 Coppa's to boot by the age of 24 ain't bad.

Not one of Meatloaf's better lyrics in fairness.

Offline Bent Neilsens Screamer

• GM : 25.11.2024
« Reply #2266 on: January 25, 2022, 06:25:27 PM »
His pass rating over the last year is better than anybody on our books.  93.8% in the game at the weekend for example.

It’s nothing to be sniffed at but on the weekend it was all 5/10 yard passes receiving the ball from defenders and giving it back, similar to the stats that Man City centre halves have as they pass it around in circles for 10 minutes. Juve weren’t brilliant and by their standards they’re struggling this season but they’ll still have the majority of the ball compared to the opposition and perhaps face less pressing so would it be easier to keep the ball. That’ll be different with Villa.

Not disputing he’s not a good player but the physical DM who’s combative, who likes to get stuck in, the type that most people think we’re missing, well I’m not sure that’s him.

If the scouts think he is then the possession stats will be a real positive as that’s what Nakamba struggles with.

Offline DrGonzo

« Reply #2267 on: January 25, 2022, 06:28:33 PM »
I think his calendar year average was a touch over 90%, for the season that is down slightly at 87%, but if he is being payed sporadically in a team that is struggling then that might well explain that dip. 
I also believe that Kamarra may be the better alternative if we are looking at a purely defensive midfielder.  My concern is that Bentancur may be too much like we have already.

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #2268 on: January 25, 2022, 06:29:40 PM »
is he a good tackler who can read the game and set up an attack from our half?

Offline DrGonzo

« Reply #2269 on: January 25, 2022, 06:32:24 PM »
Therein lies the question VM!  That abd can he transition from the pace of the Italian game and bring his skills to the Prem?  That's why we have scouts.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #2270 on: January 25, 2022, 06:36:56 PM »
He's 24, right? Hopefully still room for natural improvement despite his impressive experience for club and Country.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #2271 on: January 25, 2022, 06:37:25 PM »
The offer from Aston Villa for Rodrigo Bentancur has arrived. He is now negotiating with us.

A telex to Turin. Wonderful.

Online Fasth56

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #2272 on: January 25, 2022, 06:53:44 PM »
Perhaps the club know the intentions of Luiz and he may not be sticking around. So for the first time in a long time we are being proactive  getting in his replacement and then flogging him to Arsenal or Roma

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #2273 on: January 25, 2022, 07:02:43 PM »
Perhaps the club know the intentions of Luiz and he may not be sticking around. So for the first time in a long time we are being proactive  getting in his replacement and then flogging him to Arsenal or Roma

Given the (Metro) report I saw this week said Arsenal were interested in signing David Luiz from us I wouldn't get too concerned just yet.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2274 on: January 25, 2022, 07:09:45 PM »
We're flogging David Luiz back to Arsenal? I knew our board were good, but that's impressive business.

Online Beard82

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #2275 on: January 25, 2022, 07:10:34 PM »
I think his calendar year average was a touch over 90%, for the season that is down slightly at 87%, but if he is being payed sporadically in a team that is struggling then that might well explain that dip. 
I also believe that Kamarra may be the better alternative if we are looking at a purely defensive midfielder.  My concern is that Bentancur may be too much like we have already.
Yeah - I want a natural DM, like a better version of Nakamba - it doesnt sound from what people are saying he is it, that can pass like Luiz, and shoot like McGinn. 

Apparently Arse are after Luiz to solve there DM problems.  Its a funny old game

But to be honest - I know nothing. 

Online tomd2103

« Reply #2276 on: January 25, 2022, 07:33:11 PM »

Think we definitely need someone in the Kante / Bissouma / Ndidi mould.  A non-stop bundle of energy who can break up play and get around the opposition.  Plenty who can do that, but we also need someone who is good on the ball, with a good range of passing.  The combination of the two is often what separates the top quality ones from the rest, particularly in the Premier League.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #2277 on: January 25, 2022, 07:43:31 PM »

Think we definitely need someone in the Kante / Bissouma / Ndidi mould.  A non-stop bundle of energy who can break up play and get around the opposition.  Plenty who can do that, but we also need someone who is good on the ball, with a good range of passing.  The combination of the two is often what separates the top quality ones from the rest, particularly in the Premier League.

I think Luiz is capable of doing that. But seems to want to play more at 8 than the traditional 6 role. Nakamba does his best but should only be a backup option at best.

Offline charlatan

« Reply #2278 on: January 25, 2022, 07:54:58 PM »
One of my friends is from Uruguay and he has described Bentancur as a brilliant player.

There’s always that continuous threat throughout the match of being kicked sneakily and/or with some vigour when up against Uruguayan players. I think our midfield could do with a bit of that.

You could say the same about Burnley players.

Offline FatSam

« Reply #2279 on: January 25, 2022, 07:58:57 PM »
His pass rating over the last year is better than anybody on our books.  93.8% in the game at the weekend for example.
In the Italian league, in a team that normally dominates.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal