collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The January New Manager Warchest Transfer Thread  (Read 360704 times)

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
Re: The January New Manager Warchest Transfer Thread
« Reply #2010 on: January 19, 2022, 10:58:24 AM »
Suarez is knocking on the door of 36, though, being able to attract a player that age doesn't really say much.

I don't want him, but he was 34 in Jan.  He wont be knocking on the door of 36 for almost 2 whiole seasons from now.
He's 35 in 5 days time.

So they were both out by a year ;)

Offline villabear

« Reply #2011 on: January 19, 2022, 11:00:44 AM »
Suarez is still nippy  ;)

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #2012 on: January 19, 2022, 11:04:21 AM »
Suarez is knocking on the door of 36, though, being able to attract a player that age doesn't really say much.

I don't want him, but he was 34 in Jan.  He wont be knocking on the door of 36 for almost 2 whiole seasons from now.
He's 35 in 5 days time.
ah ok.  Got that one wrong, sorry. 

But still, one full season until he's knocking 36 then?

Online Billy Walker

« Reply #2013 on: January 19, 2022, 11:06:25 AM »
I read a tweet yesterday where someone suggested the strategy behind bringing in a player like Suarez might be linked to the owners' potential Las Vegas Villains project. He spends, maybe, twelve months with Villa and then transfers to Vegas to be the face of the new franchise?  There just might be a logical, long-term strategy to such a move.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2022, 11:15:27 AM by Billy Walker »

Offline boozey182

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2014 on: January 19, 2022, 11:09:52 AM »

Plus he's a nasty racist piece of shit. No thanks.

Oh, I absolutely agree with the last bit - I really don't want him here. And if Suarez was the only player that we'd been linked with, I would agree with your first point as well - it's not particularly impressive to attract one player at the end of his career.

But Suarez and Coutinho were Barcelona players very recently - I really think people will start to view us in a different light now. Football is an industry that diverts 90% of attention to 2% of the sport - the star players are everything, unfortunately. Other players recognise this, and they want to play with those stars. For a player like, for example, Bissouma to think if he went to Villa he could be playing with these types of players could be the difference between joining us and holding out for a better offer. Maybe our, pretty pathetic, attempts to get JWP and ESR in the summer would have ended differently with that backdrop...?

I think being linked with Suarez is great. Just as long as we don't actually sign him.

Offline frank black

« Reply #2015 on: January 19, 2022, 11:16:24 AM »
I read a tweet yesterday where someone suggested the strategy behind bringing in a player like Suarez might be linked to the owners' potential Las Vegas Villains project. He spends, maybe, twelve months with Villa and then transfers to Vegas to be the face of the new franchise?  There just might be a logical, long-term strategy to such a move.

That would be one ugly billboard, not quite Beckham

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #2016 on: January 19, 2022, 11:19:35 AM »

He's 35 in 5 days time.
ah ok.  Got that one wrong, sorry. 

...and if it's true that he wouldn't be joining till the summer, by the time he plays his first competitive game for Villa, he'll be closer to his 36th birthday than his 35th.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #2017 on: January 19, 2022, 11:21:24 AM »
ok, ok...

Offline aev

• GM : 01.09.2024
« Reply #2018 on: January 19, 2022, 11:27:08 AM »
Pass thanks. 

Play one of Ings or Watkins, and get in a shit hot DM.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #2019 on: January 19, 2022, 12:51:12 PM »
some of you guys are going to be throwing yourself off rocks when we eventually get a DCM in and he doesn’t make the big massive difference your all expecting

Offline PhilVill

• Centre Right, but nice with it 😉😙
« Reply #2020 on: January 19, 2022, 12:55:07 PM »
Hmmm, not too sure about that. A top class DM will really help. I look at Kante at Chelsea and he covers some unbelievable ground and does everything so simple. Be a huge positive

Offline sid1964

« Reply #2021 on: January 19, 2022, 01:06:40 PM »
According to the Sky Spanish football expert - Suarez could be on his way to us as he has cannot get a game for his current club

He was asked what type of player that Villa would be getting, the expert replied -

That Suarez is not the player you remember at Liverpool and he does not do a lot of running but if put the ball in the box for him he will score goals.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #2022 on: January 19, 2022, 01:20:48 PM »
According to the Sky Spanish football expert - Suarez could be on his way to us as he has cannot get a game for his current club

He was asked what type of player that Villa would be getting, the expert replied -

That Suarez is not the player you remember at Liverpool and he does not do a lot of running but if put the ball in the box for him he will score goals.

The opposite of this season's version of Ollie then.

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #2023 on: January 19, 2022, 01:34:40 PM »
some of you guys are going to be throwing yourself off rocks when we eventually get a DCM in and he doesn’t make the big massive difference your all expecting

This reminds me of when we had Kevin Richardson and he did so much work and kept our midfield in line, organising and holding and us hear people grumbling about him in the stand or our coach back to Devon.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #2024 on: January 19, 2022, 01:45:36 PM »
If we signed Suarez imo it would be similar to getting Young in.

Starting games here and there but more of bench option for last 15 minutes and playing role with youngsters behind the scenes.

Currently we have Ings which hasn't really worked and I suspect we'll move him on in the summer. We know Ollie's strengths and weaknesses by now but he isn't firing us into top 6 on his own.

Ollie, Suarez and then younger CF to develop would be three solid options for CF role next season. Can see Archer being loaned out although he could fulfil that role.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal