collapse collapse
Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

July 23, 2022, 07:04:34 PM by algy | Views: 76408 | Comments: 3

Notice this ... should it be t...
August 10, 2021, 03:37:52 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 100069 | Comments: 6

It will soon be three years si...
August 09, 2021, 02:47:33 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 100803 | Comments: 40

The Jack Grealish transfer mad...
August 08, 2021, 11:32:36 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 96061 | Comments: 9

So he chose success after all....
August 07, 2021, 01:22:40 AM by dave.woodhall | Views: 95070 | Comments: 3

I well remember the day in Feb...

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Steven Gerrard - Our Current Manager  (Read 416290 times)

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Re: Steven Gerrard - Our Manager
« Reply #4935 on: August 11, 2022, 04:47:33 PM »
One thing that does make me raise an eyebrow is how all new managers apparently up the amount of training and insist on greater fitness, as though it's something managers who've been in a job a long while don't bother with.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2022, 06:22:08 PM by dave.woodhall »

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #4936 on: August 11, 2022, 04:52:58 PM »
It's like the best man saying how pretty the bridesmaids are.  It is expected.

Offline VinnieChase84

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #4937 on: August 11, 2022, 04:59:55 PM »
Win Saturday is essential. Fixtures coming up after read like a death wish for Gerrard. Essential we get a minimum of 4 from next two games

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #4938 on: August 11, 2022, 05:58:12 PM »
If there is a problem with the players its not surprising.
Here is a list of players that probably think they have a good reason to be pissed off with the manager.
Mings
Watkins- dropped saturday
Buendia- dropped relegated to Bench since Phil came in
Chambers- has not let us down and a threat in the opposition box
Luis dropped saturday
Sanson- wont play him even when he has looked decent in pre-season
Traore- abandoned
I am not saying that all of them should be in the team but it does not take much to create a them and us situation.

Offline LeonW

« Reply #4939 on: August 11, 2022, 06:07:04 PM »
One thing that does make me raise an eyebrow is how all new managers apparently up the amount of training andvinsist on greater fitness, as though it's something managers who've been in a job a long while don't bother with.

Iíve commented on this before. Players always always say that the new training is much better then it was before. You can set your watch to it. A lot of the time I suspect itís more the fact itís different rather than better and the players are responding to patterns they have to switch on to until they get use to it.

Offline john e

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #4940 on: August 11, 2022, 06:09:09 PM »
One thing that does make me raise an eyebrow is how all new managers apparently up the amount of training andvinsist on greater fitness, as though it's something managers who've been in a job a long while don't bother with.

Iíve commented on this before. Players always always say that the new training is much better then it was before. You can set your watch to it. A lot of the time I suspect itís more the fact itís different rather than better and the players are responding to patterns they have to switch on to until they get use to it.

Thatís what Fergie got right at Man United wasnít it
He stayed there for 25 years or more but his backroom staff and assistant managers changed quite regularly I suppose things never got a stale

Offline LeonW

« Reply #4941 on: August 11, 2022, 06:34:35 PM »

Thatís what Fergie got right at Man United wasnít it
He stayed there for 25 years or more but his backroom staff and assistant managers changed quite regularly I suppose things never got a stale

Yes. He always picked an assistant who was at the forefront of things for the time, accepted that they would move on as they grew and then replaced them with next talent.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #4942 on: August 11, 2022, 06:40:32 PM »
Here is a list of players that probably think they have a good reason to be pissed off with the manager.
Mings
Luis dropped saturday
Traore- abandoned
I am not saying that all of them should be in the team but it does not take much to create a them and us situation.

I'm not sure about all of them. He did tend to play Watkins more often than not last season. Smith didn't play Sanson either. I presume Luiz came out the team because Kamara was in his place. I think you've tried to make a little too much of it there.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 25.08.2023
« Reply #4943 on: August 11, 2022, 06:44:43 PM »
Not that I really care, and it is just speculation, but why would Sanson not have a problem with Gerrard not picking him on the basis that smith didnít either?

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #4944 on: August 11, 2022, 06:47:38 PM »
Not that I really care, and it is just speculation, but why would Sanson not have a problem with Gerrard not picking him on the basis that smith didnít either?

I think my point is, it's not as if Sanson has been a regular and then suddenly dropped. The rest have at least had regular game time. I see what you're trying to say though.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #4945 on: August 11, 2022, 06:55:03 PM »
I wonder if some of the comfortable, underperforming players, like Watkins and Mings don't like a bit of a kick up the arse?

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #4946 on: August 11, 2022, 07:10:49 PM »
Mings
Luis dropped saturday
Traore- abandoned

I'm not sure about all of them. He did tend to play Watkins more often than not last season. Smith didn't play Sanson either. I presume Luiz came out the team because Kamara was in his place. I think you've tried to make a little too much of it there.
Just speculating, it does not take much for factions to develop.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #4947 on: August 11, 2022, 07:17:37 PM »
For most of that list if they've got a problem with Gerrard it reflects far more on them than it does him. If not being picked for every game is a problems then you either need to make yourself undroppable or you need to go down the league to somewhere with a much smaller squad.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #4948 on: August 11, 2022, 07:54:50 PM »
I think Beundia is the only one on that list who has shown virtually every time heís been on the pitch since Gerrardís been here, what a good player he is and probably the only one who would have a legitimate right to feel sorry for himself, but doesnít seem to as of yet.

Offline mrfuse

• GM : 28.02.2023
« Reply #4949 on: August 11, 2022, 08:11:03 PM »
I think Beundia is the only one on that list who has shown virtually every time heís been on the pitch since Gerrardís been here, what a good player he is and probably the only one who would have a legitimate right to feel sorry for himself, but doesnít seem to as of yet.

After that truly atrocious performance by everyone on the pitch on Saturday, I would be kicking the door down and asking why I'm not starting if I was Buendia. To be honest I might be doing that if I was the catering staff it was that bad.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal