collapse collapse
Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Villa Park Redevelopment by algy
[Today at 09:45:02 AM]

NSWE Investment by SaddVillan
[Today at 09:44:29 AM]

Summer 2022 Transfer Thread by paul_e
[Today at 09:42:07 AM]

Crest Review by eamonn
[Today at 09:39:07 AM]

Carney Chukwuemeka by Ian.
[Today at 09:15:54 AM]

Boxing 2022 by Rory
[Today at 01:44:54 AM]

The International Cricket Thread by Rory
[July 02, 2022, 11:59:37 PM]

Tennis recycled - 2022 by Abbeyfealeavfc
[July 02, 2022, 11:45:25 PM]

August 10, 2021, 03:37:52 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 15783 | Comments: 6

It will soon be three years si...
August 09, 2021, 02:47:33 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 18652 | Comments: 40

The Jack Grealish transfer mad...
August 08, 2021, 11:32:36 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 14574 | Comments: 9

So he chose success after all....
August 07, 2021, 01:22:40 AM by dave.woodhall | Views: 13875 | Comments: 3

I well remember the day in Feb...
August 06, 2021, 06:39:59 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 14460 | Comments: 11

The new name for the 100 ball ...

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Steven Gerrard - Our Manager  (Read 256608 times)

Offline LeonW

Re: Steven Gerrard - Our Manager
« Reply #3840 on: May 22, 2022, 09:18:11 PM »
It's funny we've lost leads like this in the past and then lambasted the manager for not beefing up the midfield to protect the advantage.

Different opponents require different strategies. Guardiola teams are built for opponents sitting in. We gave them exactly what they wanted in the final phase.

Offline edgysatsuma89

« Reply #3841 on: May 22, 2022, 09:20:05 PM »
Conceding 3 goals in 5 minutes is dog shite at any level of football. Although funnily enough I was happy when Nakamba came on to 'shore' things up. Shows what I know.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 18.05.2023
« Reply #3842 on: May 22, 2022, 09:31:38 PM »
Yeah I think the concept of the sub was fine, the player just had a nightmare.

I don't know but maybe that could be the biggest club game Nakamba had ever played in and he just froze like the deer in the headlights.

He isn't PL standard anyway. You can't play midfield at this level with his first touch.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 07.02.2023
« Reply #3843 on: May 22, 2022, 09:36:11 PM »
I’m not so disappointed, they do what they’ve done for many years, create overloads and put you under increasing pressure.

We were very very good, but they were better. That’s what a billion quids worth of morally dubious ethics gets you

Offline richtheholtender

« Reply #3844 on: May 22, 2022, 09:41:53 PM »
I’m not so disappointed, they do what they’ve done for many years, create overloads and put you under increasing pressure.

We were very very good, but they were better. That’s what a billion quids worth of morally dubious ethics gets you

Sad thing is to beat em the only way is to join em

Offline Ads

• GM : 10.04.2023
« Reply #3845 on: May 22, 2022, 09:44:51 PM »

Yep. It's why for me their achievements are so uninspiring. It's also why Klopp is a better manager than Pep.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
    • Every time you click this link, a child in Africa dies.
  • GM : 27.01.2023
« Reply #3846 on: May 22, 2022, 09:49:49 PM »
I'd agree with that, even though I don't like him.

Offline LeonW

« Reply #3847 on: May 22, 2022, 09:51:22 PM »
Klopp is a better manager. He’s built clubs not had clubs built for him.

Offline edgysatsuma89

« Reply #3848 on: May 22, 2022, 09:51:50 PM »

Yep. It's why for me their achievements are so uninspiring. It's also why Klopp is a better manager than Pep.

Definitely.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 15.05.2023
« Reply #3849 on: May 22, 2022, 09:52:10 PM »
Yeah Klopp is better. Guardiola is clearly very good, but you feel like he has to have everything laid out for him to succeed. Klopp creates and adapts.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 07.02.2023
« Reply #3850 on: May 22, 2022, 09:56:30 PM »
They are both very similar, they want players to become automatons doing exactly what their systems need with little flexibility for players with individuality.

It seems to work.

Offline AGRIPPA

« Reply #3851 on: May 22, 2022, 10:12:34 PM »
I really don’t think Gerrard has been criticised enough …..he keeps going on about the players he has but his tactics and game management / team selection leave so much to be desired…..I really hope I’m wrong but I dread the idea of him having £100m to spend.
It’s obvious Luiz can’t cut it in defensive midfield and now Nakamba is out of favour…..why not give Tim a few games…..oh ….that’s too logical…..sorry tonight It’s annoyed Agrippa…..

Offline LeonW

« Reply #3852 on: May 22, 2022, 10:21:07 PM »
I really don’t think Gerrard has been criticised enough …..he keeps going on about the players he has but his tactics and game management / team selection leave so much to be desired…..I really hope I’m wrong but I dread the idea of him having £100m to spend.
It’s obvious Luiz can’t cut it in defensive midfield and now Nakamba is out of favour…..why not give Tim a few games…..oh ….that’s too logical…..sorry tonight It’s annoyed Agrippa…..

The game management latter in the game today was questionable but on the other hand, Gerrard also got us in the position where we were 2 nil up away at one of the best sides in the world (and we could have scored more) who were fighting for the title. Management of the final part of the game has been the problem for many a villa manager in the past. If Gerrard can’t change that then he’ll probably end up like the managers in the past; on his way out and will likely not get a job as good again.

Offline AGRIPPA

« Reply #3853 on: May 22, 2022, 10:23:30 PM »

The game management latter in the game today was questionable but on the other hand, Gerrard also got us in the position where we were 2 nil up away at one of the best sides in the world (and we could have scored more) who were fighting for the title. Management of the final part of the game has been the problem for many a villa manager in the past. If Gerrard can’t change that then he’ll probably end up like the managers in the past; on his way out and will likely not get a job as good again.

Fair comments….Sorry…I’m just a bit pissed off and I have a house full of women….

Offline LeonW

« Reply #3854 on: May 22, 2022, 10:25:58 PM »

Fair comments….Sorry…I’m just a bit pissed off and I have a house full of women….

If you can’t vent on a Villa fan forum about the Villa, where can you.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal