collapse collapse
Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

August 10, 2021, 03:37:52 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 4308 | Comments: 5

It will soon be three years si...
August 09, 2021, 02:47:33 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 7096 | Comments: 40

The Jack Grealish transfer mad...
August 08, 2021, 11:32:36 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 3685 | Comments: 9

So he chose success after all....
August 07, 2021, 01:22:40 AM by dave.woodhall | Views: 3011 | Comments: 3

I well remember the day in Feb...
August 06, 2021, 06:39:59 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 3282 | Comments: 11

The new name for the 100 ball ...

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Steven Gerrard - Our Manager  (Read 113833 times)

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
Re: Steven Gerrard - Our Manager
« Reply #1290 on: December 01, 2021, 10:19:02 AM »
Take his ketchup off him as well.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #1291 on: December 01, 2021, 12:37:41 PM »
What was the reply?

I ainít telling you, itís private.

That was his answer to Tom Ross, not mine to you 😂

😂

Offline supertom

« Reply #1292 on: December 01, 2021, 10:42:04 PM »
Seems reactive, positive. We didn't keep persisting with routines that weren't working (the passing at the back, we had a few warnings, we switched it up, started pushing out and hitting long). Second half was much improved and very positive. Bringing Carney on was a brave decision.

One thing that seems promising is how a lot of our midfield players seem to look more clued up on their roles, more focused. Beundia has showed good signs in the last two games. Sanson was good today. McGinn has look better under Gerrard. Douglas was excellent today. Nakamba looks key. Ramsey will thrive. Carney is obviously in mind. Ash has played well. The options we have, and the potential of them flourishing in Gerrards system is exciting for me. Prior, it felt like we didn't know what system, who to play, and the players often didn't look like they knew what they had to do. There's been an instant improvement in the first three games and I suspect against 'easier' sides, we might start to match in possession more. Definitely more to come, but it feels like it will come.

Offline Beard82

• GM : 12.11.2022
« Reply #1293 on: December 01, 2021, 10:46:20 PM »
Seems reactive, positive. We didn't keep persisting with routines that weren't working (the passing at the back, we had a few warnings, we switched it up, started pushing out and hitting long). Second half was much improved and very positive. Bringing Carney on was a brave decision.

One thing that seems promising is how a lot of our midfield players seem to look more clued up on their roles, more focused. Beundia has showed good signs in the last two games. Sanson was good today. McGinn has look better under Gerrard. Douglas was excellent today. Nakamba looks key. Ramsey will thrive. Carney is obviously in mind. Ash has played well. The options we have, and the potential of them flourishing in Gerrards system is exciting for me. Prior, it felt like we didn't know what system, who to play, and the players often didn't look like they knew what they had to do. There's been an instant improvement in the first three games and I suspect against 'easier' sides, we might start to match in possession more. Definitely more to come, but it feels like it will come.
Yeah I think itís feels like we know our best formation even if weíre not sure yet of our best team

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 16.05.2022
« Reply #1294 on: December 01, 2021, 10:48:09 PM »
I like the way his subs aren't predictable. Deano used drive me mad with the Trez/AEG type changes. Ramsey was surely the most obvious sub to come in but he gave Chucky and then Sanson a run tonight.

Offline TonyD

« Reply #1295 on: December 01, 2021, 10:49:32 PM »
I like the way his subs aren't predictable. Deano used drive me mad with the Trez/AEG type changes. Ramsey was surely the most obvious sub to come in but he gave Chucky and then Sanson a run tonight.
Defo much better.  But I would have brought Ramsey on for Bailey rather than Young.

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #1296 on: December 02, 2021, 01:23:42 AM »
From his post-match interview sounds like Ramsey has a knock.

Online Demitri_C

« Reply #1297 on: December 02, 2021, 05:49:01 AM »
Yeah i like his subs too. Even though we lost, all 3 subs improved us.

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 19.03.2022
« Reply #1298 on: December 02, 2021, 08:10:07 AM »
Agree with that. I think heís instilled some of his midfield know how into our midfield which is a very good thing.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #1299 on: December 02, 2021, 10:19:39 AM »
His approach is becoming a bit more apparent as we see more games.  The midfield shape has changed quite a bit and is now more of a flat three.  The midfield seems more of a flat three and the outside ones of the three are tasked with closing down wide players, which does require them to get through a lot of work.  The approach is detailed quite well here:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4qvW0cgeJiE

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1300 on: December 02, 2021, 10:40:39 AM »
His approach is becoming a bit more apparent as we see more games.  The midfield shape has changed quite a bit and is now more of a flat three.  The midfield seems more of a flat three and the outside ones of the three are tasked with closing down wide players, which does require them to get through a lot of work.  The approach is detailed quite well here:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4qvW0cgeJiE

I mentioned it on thr Sanson thread but the bold bit is 100% the difference between us now and a month ago. Without wanting to get too boring the 5 in midfield operate in 'zones' that are effectively a pentagon. It's sort of a christmas tree formation but with a lot more focus on where players move to and which areas they're responsible for.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #1301 on: December 02, 2021, 10:53:16 AM »
In the last 3 games we looked much better than the final 3 games of Deano's stewardship

Need to make sure that is the case after 10,20 and 30 games

Offline Risso

• GM : 01.03.2022
« Reply #1302 on: December 02, 2021, 11:22:10 AM »
Nice loud chorus of "Steven Gerrard's claret and blue army" at the end as Greasy Twatboy was doing his lap of sycophancy.

Online sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #1303 on: December 02, 2021, 11:24:45 AM »
I had us down for 5 points upto and not including the Burnley game so we're 2 points up in my calculations. Leicester is my home banker so we've got to win that one. 20pts by the 15th December would show a decent improvement by Mr Gerrard with games played against Man City and Liverpool, so hopefully we won't be looking below us by that stage but above us

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #1304 on: December 02, 2021, 11:49:38 AM »
I had us down for 5 points upto and not including the Burnley game so we're 2 points up in my calculations. Leicester is my home banker so we've got to win that one. 20pts by the 15th December would show a decent improvement by Mr Gerrard with games played against Man City and Liverpool, so hopefully we won't be looking below us by that stage but above us

Yes the problem with Deano's last 5 is that other the Hammers the rest had no form. We should have been looking at 6 (bare minimum) -10 pts and we got none

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal