collapse collapse
Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

August 10, 2021, 03:37:52 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 4307 | Comments: 5

It will soon be three years si...
August 09, 2021, 02:47:33 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 7095 | Comments: 40

The Jack Grealish transfer mad...
August 08, 2021, 11:32:36 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 3685 | Comments: 9

So he chose success after all....
August 07, 2021, 01:22:40 AM by dave.woodhall | Views: 3011 | Comments: 3

I well remember the day in Feb...
August 06, 2021, 06:39:59 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 3281 | Comments: 11

The new name for the 100 ball ...

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Steven Gerrard - Our Manager  (Read 113797 times)

Offline Demitri_C

Re: Steven Gerrard - Our Manager
« Reply #1215 on: November 28, 2021, 01:59:07 PM »
1 point behind manure 👀

Offline darren woolley

« Reply #1216 on: November 28, 2021, 02:03:44 PM »
What a fantastic start two wins out of two and we are playing well long may it continue.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #1217 on: November 28, 2021, 03:42:38 PM »
Too soon to judge. Great start though. Long may it continue.

Itís never too soon to judge
We judged one bloke when he turned up in cheap shoes

And we were right

Must be my old age- who was this? I can't remember.

David Pleat with his brothel creepers.

Ah, gotchya!

Heís on about shit-shoed Tony Xia. Didnít he land in an Uber as well?

Think it was a Lyft. Or maybe that's what he was hoping his shoes provided.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 14.09.2022
« Reply #1218 on: November 28, 2021, 03:45:23 PM »
1 point behind manure 👀

Blimey, shows how shit we have been up to now.

Online DrGonzo

« Reply #1219 on: November 28, 2021, 04:08:18 PM »
The biggest differences since he landed are organisation and cohesive team selection.  DS was struggling with the shape of the team and the personnel that fitted it.  Ste VG has picked a more simple formation with a better balance of players and the team seem happier with the roles they are being asked to play.  Hopefully Sanson and Luiz will be fit and good enough to allow Ramsey and McGinn to take a break.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #1220 on: November 28, 2021, 04:18:11 PM »
I think Gerrard is pumping the basics of defending and winning the ball back into the team. It was needed.

Offline Risso

• GM : 01.03.2022
« Reply #1221 on: November 28, 2021, 06:36:14 PM »

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 21.03.2022
« Reply #1222 on: November 28, 2021, 06:44:25 PM »
The thing is he has a very good squad - and I do think at some point dean would have turned it round.  If he gets us to finish top half this season then i start to think weíre on to something

I think he would've too, but throughout Deano's time at the Villa he seemed to stumble across formations that worked, rather than there being any apparent plan behind them.

As others have said, Gerrard has come in with a style and it's worked so far. The key unknown is what he does when it stops working.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2021, 08:35:03 PM by Ad@m »

Offline Beard82

• GM : 12.11.2022
« Reply #1223 on: November 28, 2021, 07:20:08 PM »
The thing is he has a very good squad - and I do think at some point dean would have turned it round.  If he gets us to finish top half this season then i start to think weíre on to something

I think he would've too, but throughout Deano's time at the Villa he seemed to stumble across formations that worked, rather than there being any apparent plan behind them.

As others have days, Gerrard has come in with a style and it's worked so far. The key unknown is what he does when it stops working.
Yeah itís hard to know - I think dean worked better when he had a long time to plan - and I think thatís what fuck him this season - also it canít have been easy with only Craig S to advise as everyone else was new

Offline CT Villan

« Reply #1224 on: November 28, 2021, 09:29:46 PM »
I've moved to cautiously optimistic.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #1225 on: November 28, 2021, 10:02:01 PM »
As long as you're not a Villa Fans Worried thread resident.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1226 on: November 28, 2021, 10:11:31 PM »
I've completely turned around from anti to pro, and I'll change back again no doubt, because I'm both excitable and fickle.

Offline Rory

« Reply #1227 on: November 29, 2021, 01:15:07 AM »
Do we not have a word filter for 'fickle'? Not disputing your use of it SE, but it is possibly the most misunderstood and overused word when it comes to Villa.

According to the Cambridge dictionary, fickle is: likely to change your opinion or your feelings suddenly and without a good reason.

When DOL used the word, he failed to understand that regularly playing shit and losing football matches IS good reason.

It has somehow become uniquely attached to us as a fanbase to the extent that there was media coverage describing Villa fans as 'fickle' when there were those protests against McLeish being appointed. We can each have our opinions of those protests and the feelings behind them, but they were not fickle.

'Fickle' would be me saying I now love Gerrard, setting up a little nativity scene involving various cardboard cutouts, and then attacking/destroying them if we lose to Man City.

I still think he's a miserable prick, I still don't like him. But as long as he's our manager, I want him to win games for Aston Villa. If we have a couple of poor results, I won't jump on him just because I don't like him. I'm never going to meet him; I don't have to like him. I want him to be successful because I want Villa to be successful.

Sorry for the rant, but it infuriates me that we've become a 'fickle' fanbase when, in reality, we're happy when Villa are doing well and unhappy when they're not, same as any football fan.

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #1228 on: November 29, 2021, 03:00:55 AM »
Sugarbag.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #1229 on: November 29, 2021, 07:13:34 AM »
Do we not have a word filter for 'fickle'? Not disputing your use of it SE, but it is possibly the most misunderstood and overused word when it comes to Villa.

According to the Cambridge dictionary, fickle is: likely to change your opinion or your feelings suddenly and without a good reason.

When DOL used the word, he failed to understand that regularly playing shit and losing football matches IS good reason.

It has somehow become uniquely attached to us as a fanbase to the extent that there was media coverage describing Villa fans as 'fickle' when there were those protests against McLeish being appointed. We can each have our opinions of those protests and the feelings behind them, but they were not fickle.

'Fickle' would be me saying I now love Gerrard, setting up a little nativity scene involving various cardboard cutouts, and then attacking/destroying them if we lose to Man City.

I still think he's a miserable prick, I still don't like him. But as long as he's our manager, I want him to win games for Aston Villa. If we have a couple of poor results, I won't jump on him just because I don't like him. I'm never going to meet him; I don't have to like him. I want him to be successful because I want Villa to be successful.

Sorry for the rant, but it infuriates me that we've become a 'fickle' fanbase when, in reality, we're happy when Villa are doing well and unhappy when they're not, same as any football fan.
I get the heís miserable bit, but why is he a prick?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal