collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Unai Emery - our manager by adrenachrome
[Today at 02:23:42 AM]

FFP by adrenachrome
[Today at 02:10:34 AM]

International Rugby by dcdavecollett
[Today at 01:12:03 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by DeKuip
[Today at 12:01:20 AM]

West Ham v Aston Villa post match by Pat McMahon
[March 18, 2024, 11:47:36 PM]

Games Moved for TV by Percy McCarthy
[March 18, 2024, 11:00:20 PM]

Press-ing on by Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle
[March 18, 2024, 10:48:26 PM]

Luton A by purpletrousers
[March 18, 2024, 10:24:29 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by adrenachrome
[Today at 02:23:42 AM]

Re: FFP by adrenachrome
[Today at 02:10:34 AM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by dcdavecollett
[Today at 01:38:48 AM]

Re: International Rugby by dcdavecollett
[Today at 01:12:03 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by DeKuip
[Today at 12:01:20 AM]

Re: West Ham v Aston Villa post match by Pat McMahon
[March 18, 2024, 11:47:36 PM]

Re: West Ham v Aston Villa post match by olaftab
[March 18, 2024, 11:36:32 PM]

Re: West Ham v Aston Villa post match by olaftab
[March 18, 2024, 11:27:08 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Matty Cash - Polish international  (Read 109864 times)

Offline kippaxvilla2

Re: Matty Cash - Polish international
« Reply #600 on: March 27, 2023, 12:12:17 PM »
The cost of living the international break has made us Cashless
A cash withdrawal ironically would not have done so.

Last thing we need atm.

He'll have a late fitness cheque

Noted.

At least it’s not a BACS injury.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #601 on: March 27, 2023, 01:48:20 PM »
The cost of living the international break has made us Cashless
A cash withdrawal ironically would not have done so.

Last thing we need atm.

He'll have a late fitness cheque

Noted.

At least it’s not a BACS injury.

Must be difficult for him being injured on top of being refused in shops

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #602 on: March 27, 2023, 01:48:22 PM »
Really pissed off with this, he was great against Bournemouth and Chelsea have plenty of pace in the side.

We usually get fucked by international breaks, one way or the other.

I'm curious how well Cash was prepared for the international, as a calf strain so early on at 9 minutes is usually self-inflicted due to a lack of stretching and warm-up. What's going on there?
Lost in translation?

The most common causes of calf strains, by a huge degree, are to do with planting your heel and either having your carry you over it or trying to turn whilst you still have that forward momentum. I haven't seen what happened to Cash but if it looks like either of those then it has nothing to do with stretching or warming-up.

Also just to be clear when did you study physiotherapy? I'm about 24 years on from the year I did at uni (before switching degree) and I'm far from an expert but I picked up enough to know basics (and then my own knee and ankle problems mean I know loads more about those). I ask because you speak with such conviction about things like this so I'd like to know if you have any actual expertise or if you are, as with other topics, just making it up.

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #603 on: March 27, 2023, 02:06:02 PM »
Well, I'm more familiar with horse physiology than human physiology, but I'm well-versed in several areas of these things not an expert but high end competence, and the muscle injury was most likely caused by the weights or type of training they were doing in the Poland camp, which was different from Villa, and then adapting caused an issue that was aggravated by playing.

I claim my 5 pounds in Cash!
Thank You.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #604 on: March 27, 2023, 02:07:11 PM »
Well, I'm more familiar with horse physiology than human physiology, but I'm well-versed in several areas of these things not an expert but high end competence, and the muscle injury was most likely caused by the weights or type of training they were doing in the Poland camp, which was different from Villa, and then adapting caused an issue that was aggravated by playing.

Thank You.

He's having a mare.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #605 on: March 27, 2023, 02:08:50 PM »

Thank You.

"Most likely". Stop making stuff up, FFS!

Offline Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #606 on: March 27, 2023, 02:18:17 PM »

Thank You.

Think you need to view his posts with more equinimity.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #607 on: March 27, 2023, 02:28:07 PM »

Thank You.

The ataraxy will grow.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #608 on: March 27, 2023, 02:50:37 PM »

Thank You.

The ataraxy will grow.

That horse has bolted.  It’s not the mane reason for the injury though.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #609 on: March 27, 2023, 03:12:17 PM »

Thank You.

The ataraxy will grow.

Who the fuck does he think he is?

Jurgen Clop?

Offline paul_e

« Reply #610 on: March 27, 2023, 03:15:57 PM »

Thank You.

Again, a calf strain from a change in training would be highly unlikely unless the medical team/coaching are utterly incompetent because your calf is one of the more difficult muscles to overwork in that way.

Muscle issues from excessive training are normally in the back, neck, hamstrings or triceps. Most other muscle issues (especially if they occur during exercise) are more impact/stress related, as above calf are particularly vulnerable to the same stresses as ankles so it's sharp stops/turns which puts excessive force on the achilles and calf.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #611 on: March 27, 2023, 03:16:14 PM »
So many posts get a bite!

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #612 on: March 27, 2023, 04:08:11 PM »

Thank You.

Again, a calf strain from a change in training would be highly unlikely unless the medical team/coaching are utterly incompetent because your calf is one of the more difficult muscles to overwork in that way.

Muscle issues from excessive training are normally in the back, neck, hamstrings or triceps. Most other muscle issues (especially if they occur during exercise) are more impact/stress related, as above calf are particularly vulnerable to the same stresses as ankles so it's sharp stops/turns which puts excessive force on the achilles and calf.
Well actually yes however that's general terms and we are dealing with a footballer so that's the context and therefore it's conceivable that he overworked his calf, and we all know injury can occur from overuse.
Calf injuries are common amoung footballers as you have to take the context
A proper warm-up and regime pre match must take place to help reduce an injury happening . To me, it's telling it was less than 10 minutes in the game and injured.
And if there was an issue that first arose in training, it's not that it's incompetence by Poland, but a different program was implemented or that Cash could have misunderstood given it was by Polish instruction.
Anyway, let us await the published results of the scan and what grade tear it is.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2023, 04:13:04 PM by Footy-Vill »

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #613 on: March 27, 2023, 04:10:06 PM »

Thank You.

The ataraxy will grow.

Who the fuck does he think he is?

Jurgen Clop?

Neigh chance!

Offline paul_e

« Reply #614 on: March 27, 2023, 04:20:46 PM »

Thank You.

It's conceivable that he overworked his calf, and we all know injury can occur from overuse.
A proper warm-up and regime pre match must take place to help reduce an injury happening . To me, it's telling it was less than 10 minutes in the game and injured.
And if there was an issue that first arose in training, it's not that it's incompetence by Poland, but a different program was implemented or that Cash could have misunderstood given it was by Polish instruction.
Anyway, let us await the published results of the scan and what grade tear it is.

conceivable maybe but highly unlikely. My point really is that, as often happens with you, you've ignored a simple and far more likely explanations to create a theory that lets you push an agenda. Easily the most likely explanation here is that he turned sharply, felt some discomfort and when it didn't go after a little while he signalled to the bench and they took him off as a precaution to avoid more serious damage. It's most likely he'll be out for around 2 weeks and will be back for Newcastle with Forest probably coming slightly too soon but still a possibility.

I've seen nothing to suggest it's a tear though, everything I've seen online suggests a strain which the Polish team have already had checked before sending him back to the club.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal