collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Matty Cash - Polish international  (Read 119102 times)

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
Re: Matty Cash - Polish international
« Reply #150 on: April 14, 2022, 07:19:13 PM »
I don't think the two tackles are remotely similar. That's not rose-tinted spectacles, I just don't think they are.

Agreed, and if you watch the videos of both back-to-back I don't see how you could see it any other way. I think Cash could easily have been booked for his (given the Mings booking against Arsenal nothing would surprise me any more).

If you look at the video link above (and that's how I saw it in real time from The Trinity) you can see he runs towards Doherty, checks his pace, then sort of tries to hook his right leg round round to clear the ball away. It didn't look that bad at that time, and neither Doherty or his team mates really reacted. The fact that Doherty is now out for the season doesn't make it anywhere near as bad as Mee's. He also might have made it worse by playing on for 15 minutes.

I'm sure I said this earlier but, at risk of repeating, the big difference is the angle they're coming from, Cash stretches for a ball in front of Doherty but the follow-through sees him off his feet and he catches him with the back foot but I don't think there was any intent in it, he's just making sure he puts the ball out (but it is clumsy).

The Mee tackle was from an angle where he must've known, as soon as he went off his feet, that he would be clearing out Wesley, there was no other option once he went in as he did. In fact, given the battering Wesley had been giving him all game, I'm absolutely certain that he saw it as an opportunity to 'even things up'. I don't think he wanted to injure him to the extent he did but I do think he absolutely intended to flatten him.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #151 on: April 14, 2022, 08:25:38 PM »
https://streamable.com/fgv3ig

Perfectly fine challenge, that if he didn't make, he'd be deservedly roasted alive for. He has to make it.

Offline colin69

« Reply #152 on: April 14, 2022, 08:58:43 PM »

Perfectly fine challenge, that if he didn't make, he'd be deservedly roasted alive for. He has to make it.

100%
I didn’t think it was a bad tackle on Saturday and I still don’t.

Offline Ads

« Reply #153 on: April 14, 2022, 09:00:42 PM »
Let's not judge a tackle by its outcome. The very worst injury I've ever seen in football with David Busst was an utterly innocuous collision. One of the worst injuries for a Villa player was a nothing clash with the Ipswich keeper.

Then you have dirty players like Mee or Brown who try and break legs and ruin careers. There's a huge difference and trying to lump them all in because Doherty was unfortunately injured is a deficient analysis.

Offline Scott Nielsen

« Reply #154 on: April 15, 2022, 07:19:23 AM »

100%
I didn’t think it was a bad tackle on Saturday and I still don’t.

Agreed. Having seen the video I have revised my first opinion.

Offline nigel

« Reply #155 on: April 15, 2022, 11:12:43 AM »

That’s a perfect look at it, and exactly how I saw it.
Cash is almost stationary when he makes the tackle.
Mee was steaming in at an uncontrollable level.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #156 on: April 15, 2022, 11:48:17 AM »
If that's a foul, we might as well make it a non-contact sport. The ball's there to be won, he wins it cleanly and then there's contact. I loved it and his gesture afterwards tbh.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #157 on: April 15, 2022, 12:20:44 PM »
When Cash wins the ball, his left leg is planted behind him. As he hooks his right leg round to kick the ball away, Doherty's forward motion takes him between Cash's legs. Neither Doherty or his team mates makes a big deal about it at all.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #158 on: April 15, 2022, 04:14:17 PM »
When Cash wins the ball, his left leg is planted behind him. As he hooks his right leg round to kick the ball away, Doherty's forward motion takes him between Cash's legs. Neither Doherty or his team mates makes a big deal about it at all.
I’m sorry but this is absolute bollocks.  If you watch the close up side view you can see Cash knocks him about 3 ft through the air into touch.  Watch where his arse starts and ends up.  I get you don’t want to crucify our own player but this is delusional

Offline Ads

« Reply #159 on: April 15, 2022, 04:49:52 PM »
There's nothing wrong with the tackle. I didn't think there was live and don't think there is now on the replay. Absolutely fine. People are seeing things that aren't there.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #160 on: April 15, 2022, 06:02:29 PM »
I’m sorry but this is absolute bollocks.  If you watch the close up side view you can see Cash knocks him about 3 ft through the air into touch.  Watch where his arse starts and ends up.  I get you don’t want to crucify our own player but this is delusional

You're the one who's delusional. Everybody else seems to be able to see the tackle for what it was. Ever considered applying for a job at Stockley Park?

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #161 on: April 15, 2022, 06:43:38 PM »
There's nothing wrong with the tackle. I didn't think there was live and don't think there is now on the replay. Absolutely fine. People are seeing things that aren't there.

Exactly. Spurs player lost control of the ball, Cash puts it out of play. Spurs player falls over and makes a meal of it.

Online Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #162 on: April 15, 2022, 06:53:28 PM »
Seeing this here confirms what I saw in the ground: a good defensive tackle.
New Years Day 2020 at Burnley I saw an assault on Wesley.

Offline nigel

« Reply #163 on: April 15, 2022, 09:09:59 PM »

Exactly. Spurs player lost control of the ball, Cash puts it out of play. Spurs player falls over and makes a meal of it.

In fairness we know he didn’t make a meal of it, he was genuinely hurt.

Offline DrGonzo

« Reply #164 on: April 15, 2022, 09:47:09 PM »
Regardless of the unfortunate outcome, nobody wants to see players injured, Cash had every right to make the challenge.  If he hadn't he'd have been castigated.  It was timed to perfection, he arrived and cleared the ball out of play.  In any other era of the game this would not be a discussion.  Doherty's injury is sad but you can't remove the tackle from the game or it'll turn into netball.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal