collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa Memorabilia  (Read 8515 times)

Offline ElliottAV

Re: Aston Villa Memorabilia
« Reply #60 on: November 10, 2021, 04:10:01 PM »
N/A

And what do you think about our recent performances? And the managerial change?

Never mind that, have you got any tat for sale?!

Nothing for sale on there just showcasing my collection as stated previously to yourself. I am sad to see Smith go however I have trust in our owners and think they have made what looks to be the right appointment to take the club forward.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #61 on: November 10, 2021, 04:39:44 PM »
What appointment is that then?

Offline ElliottAV

« Reply #62 on: November 10, 2021, 05:07:19 PM »
Stevie G, he has my backing and I think he will take the Club forward with the owner’s ambitions, what is your take on the situation?

Offline ElliottAV

« Reply #63 on: November 10, 2021, 05:26:53 PM »
Stevie G, he has my backing and I think he will take the Club forward with the owner’s ambitions, what is your take on the situation?
What appointment is that then?

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #64 on: November 10, 2021, 05:37:46 PM »
I have got the blue and white enamel sign from the public urinal that used to stand at the junction of Witton Lane and Trinity Rd.  It advertizes treatment for veneral disease at Steelhouse Lane.  It is very valuable because it bears the name of Dr Auden the chief medical officer for Birmingham Corporation who was the father of W H Auden the poet who among other great works wrote "As I walked out on Bristol Street" which was thinly disguised conduct as a rent boy.  I also have the sign "Transfer 6d" which Peter McParland held over a team photograph. And a plastic orange from the Kia Ora kiosk that stood on the slag heap at the Witton End.

Offline brian green

« Reply #65 on: November 10, 2021, 05:42:37 PM »
My brother, 95 next birthday, has the front wheel of Harry Hampton's bike but he will never part with it.

Online danno

« Reply #66 on: November 10, 2021, 05:50:36 PM »
Tangent here but the official club shop's offerings in terms of memorabilia, souvenirs and retro is quite poor in my opinion. They build it all around the current squad. I would be more inclined to buy classic stuff built around past favourites like Paul McGrath, Paul Merson, JPA etc, people who were loyal to the club and gave me great memories. I think they are missing a trick here.

Edit just did a spot check on the official site. It would seem the club's definition of 'souvenir' is to stick the club badge on a bottle opener, facemask, phone cover etc. Sort it out!

I've thought the same in the past. A few canvas prints of McGrath Laursen etc would surely be a hit

Online steamer

« Reply #67 on: November 10, 2021, 07:38:37 PM »
Hmm, Steelhouse lane clinic.
I had a friend who had to visit there, twice
He told me it took a long time to pluck up the courage to make the visit
He had heard all sorts of story's about things being inserted down the tube and opened up like an umbrella on the way out.
He was quite relieved when a dose antibiotics solved the problem.
The second time he was quite brave but almost forgot his new Alias
He also swore that he would never  need to go again
To my knowledge he kept the promise.

Offline brian green

« Reply #68 on: November 11, 2021, 08:13:22 AM »
Spot on Steamer.  The penile umbrella story was commonly related to my generation to keep us away from the ladies of the night.  Worked with me because I was such a handsome target for nice clean girls.  What was that football song we used to sing?  Tiddlywinks young man, catch a woman if you can.  If you can't catch a woman catch a clean old man. 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal