collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Friday nght fascination  (Read 1599 times)

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Friday nght fascination
« on: November 05, 2021, 03:12:12 AM »

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
Re: Friday nght fascination
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2021, 04:59:54 AM »
Indeed, the away end at The Dell was only marginally behind the annual chaos that was the away end at Highfield Road.

As for the game, Smith needs this one - badly.

Offline steamer

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2021, 07:24:31 AM »
Went there by coach for a cup game Jan 76
I think coach operators were under police instructions not to be in a city much more than an hour before kick off
We left city centre at about 7.00 in the morning, what a trip.
The flat capped Worzel Grumidge look alike driver stared ahead and could not be raised to any sort of response or incitement to speed up.
When we got there (no need to buy tickets beforehand then) we all paid and went into the nearest part of the ground, which it turned out was the Saints End
After about 15 mins of boisterous banter, shoving  and pushing the constabulary put us on the pitch walked around the ground to the away end and squeezed us in.
what a shit hole.
We drew 1-1 and lost the replay at V.Park

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2021, 08:55:04 AM »
I quite liked the Dell in a “proper old football ground” kind of way. Archie Leitch stands, crowds right on top of the pitch, no space anywhere, good atmosphere. Last time I went there we had Spink sent off, Neil Cox went in goal, we lost 4-1 and we all ended up on the pitch after the final whistle. I’ve always found St Mary’s to be completely soulless in comparison. Not sure what Saints fans think.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2021, 09:59:01 AM »
I quite liked the Dell in a “proper old football ground” kind of way. Archie Leitch stands, crowds right on top of the pitch, no space anywhere, good atmosphere. Last time I went there we had Spink sent off, Neil Cox went in goal, we lost 4-1 and we all ended up on the pitch after the final whistle. I’ve always found St Mary’s to be completely soulless in comparison. Not sure what Saints fans think.
exactly even though the Dell was horrible in many ways , I would take it over that identikit soulless abomination called St Mary’s.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal