collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Micah Richards - Released  (Read 455864 times)

Offline Gerrin

Re: Micah Richards - Released
« Reply #2865 on: October 03, 2021, 11:27:32 AM »
I don’t mind him as a pundit.
He isn’t great but it’s time the BBC shake it a bit.
Time for Gary and Alan to move on.  They have bored the shit out of me for years.
We need fresh new presenters.

Alex Scott is nailed on to get MOTD when Lineaker goes, which can't be far off. He must be older now than what Jimmy Hill was when Des Lynam replaced him.

What has age got to do with it?  If he’s doing a good how old or young he is doesn’t come into it. 

It's got nothing to do with it, I personally like him, it just seems to be how it works. A lot of people are too young to know what a great player he was now.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #2866 on: October 03, 2021, 11:29:32 AM »
Time for Gary and Alan to move on.  They have bored the shit out of me for years.

Alex Scott is nailed on to get MOTD when Lineaker goes, which can't be far off. He must be older now than what Jimmy Hill was when Des Lynam replaced him.

What has age got to do with it?  If he’s doing a good how old or young he is doesn’t come into it. 

It might not be for you, but it certainly seems to be for most TV executives.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #2867 on: October 03, 2021, 11:58:33 AM »
Did he not stipulate that he would only play central defender instead of his best position as full-back?  If true, another example of the shit-show we were back then; allowing players to tell the manager where they would or would not play.

I think that's more due to him knowing he couldn't run up and down the line anymore so didn't want to harm the team that way by being liability (given Hutton could still do that role no problem that season and Bacuna was also still around) Of course he did bigger damage playing at CB given his woeful positionial sense.

He hates Garde aswell as didn't Remi do some massive boot camp style running assault course on his first day even though he'd been inform of Richards fitness issues.

Of course it's an insult to compare the two given what they each gave the club but it would've been a bit like on Graham Taylor's first day and him telling McGrath to do something like that rather than his own thing at training to get him up to speed for matchdays.

Just be thankful we're now long gone from that era and the people involved.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #2868 on: October 03, 2021, 12:24:54 PM »
I've no particular axe to grind with Micah Richards, for the very short time he was fit with us he looked a good player and seemed popular with some of the players.

I just think he's got absolutely zero credibility when commenting on Villa matters, he wasn't fit, didn't seem that bothered about getting fit and seemed one of the divisive squad members when it came to the French fellas in the squad.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #2869 on: October 03, 2021, 01:15:42 PM »

Sue Barker might disagree.

Offline Allan C

« Reply #2870 on: October 05, 2021, 03:24:11 PM »
Did he not stipulate that he would only play central defender instead of his best position as full-back?  If true, another example of the shit-show we were back then; allowing players to tell the manager where they would or would not play.

I think that's more due to him knowing he couldn't run up and down the line anymore so didn't want to harm the team that way by being liability (given Hutton could still do that role no problem that season and Bacuna was also still around) Of course he did bigger damage playing at CB given his woeful positionial sense.

He hates Garde aswell as didn't Remi do some massive boot camp style running assault course on his first day even though he'd been inform of Richards fitness issues.

Of course it's an insult to compare the two given what they each gave the club but it would've been a bit like on Graham Taylor's first day and him telling McGrath to do something like that rather than his own thing at training to get him up to speed for matchdays.

Just be thankful we're now long gone from that era and the people involved.
If it’s one thing I’ve learnt being a football fan it’s not to trust anything that anyone connected with the game says, particularly players. Our recent history should tell you that. I’ve read everything he has said and I have neither sympathy or empathy with him. He was a very poor signing and he should now be consigned to history

Offline Martin Carruthers

« Reply #2871 on: October 05, 2021, 03:43:22 PM »
It's easy in hindsight, and I thought it made sense at the time, but the first few pages of this make interesting reading. So glad we're run properly these days.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #2872 on: October 26, 2021, 03:25:22 PM »
Micah Richards breaks down his career: ‘No-one remembers my bullet header, just what happened after’ - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/59045361

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal