collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Spurs 2 Aston Villa 1 Post match thread.  (Read 11827 times)

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
Spurs 2 Aston Villa 1 Post match thread.
« on: October 03, 2021, 04:02:26 PM »
No issue from me, we were very flat today for whatever reason.

Perhaps DS could've put subs on sooner but Buendia and Traore weren't great at all when they came on which is disappointing.

Frustrating we conceded as soon as we looked stronger, Son properly made Hause lower league in build up there.

Injury time was a bit of a joke. 5 minutes and don't think I've ever seen the winning team cruise through it so easily like they did down by that corner flag.

So bit of a drop of standards from last week. That can happen so important to keep calm and hopefully get Leon Bailey fit for Wolves game. We all saw how Son lifted a mediocre Spurs team to 3 points so hopefully Bailey will have same impact for us as season goes on.

Offline LukeJames

Re: Spurs 2 Aston Villa 1 Post match thread.
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2021, 04:04:10 PM »
2-1 makes it look close, they cruised it.

richtheholtender

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2021, 04:05:28 PM »
Didn't take us long to coach the ability out of ings. Even by our standards I'm impressed by the speed of that.

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2021, 04:05:49 PM »
Too many players off the pace, too many wrong decisions and poorly played passes. I thought they were poor with the exception of Son but we just didn't play well. Set pieces weren't great either and we need to vary our approach, particularly from throw ins.

No disaster but hugely frustrating.

Offline TonyD

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2021, 04:06:05 PM »
The players 2/10.  Mings a special mention.
Dean -3/10.   His slowness to change the train wreck today was criminal. 

Offline Vegas

• Location: N Yorks (user name is 10+ years old and was only briefly true)
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2021, 04:06:11 PM »
They actually had 2-3 really good chances in addition to the goals. Not sure why we seemed so much worse than the last couple of games. Party just Son’s pace and movement exposed us, but we also lacked control in midfield, and didn’t use the ball as well.

Don’t really think Ings / Watkins is working. Feels like a waste of a shirt at the moment.

Offline mike

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2021, 04:06:17 PM »
No issue from me, we were very flat today for whatever reason.

Perhaps DS could've put subs on sooner but Buendia and Traore weren't great at all when they came on which is disappointing.

Frustrating we conceded as soon as we looked stronger, Son properly made Hause lower league in build up there.

Injury time was a bit of a joke. 5 minutes and don't think I've ever seen the winning team cruise through it so easily like they did down by that corner flag.

So bit of a drop of standards from last week. That can happen so important to keep calm and hopefully get Leon Bailey fit for Wolves game. We all saw how Son lifted a mediocre Spurs team to 3 points so hopefully Bailey will have same impact for us as season goes on.

I don’t mean to be a miserable old git, which I know I am, but I don’t think I see Bailey playing too many games for us. Bit of a racehorse only less robust so far.

Offline wolfman999

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2021, 04:06:28 PM »
The traditional 'team desperately out of form, leaking goals everywhere and not scoring for ages. When do we play Villa? ' type game. Ings is not really worth a start at the moment and Ollie seems to be suffering as a result of him being there.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2021, 04:06:53 PM »
Didn't take us long to coach the ability out of ings. Even by our standards I'm impressed by the speed of that.

Would honestly rather have Bailey and Ollie as front two when he's fully fit. Ings has nice odd pass and tracked back at times today but ultimately he hasn't scored since August 21st so not doing a huge amount to justify his place currently.

Offline caster troy

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2021, 04:07:10 PM »
Low on confidence? Under pressure? Order your Aston Villa fixture today! Guaranteed to sink to your level (or lower!) and gift you a much needed three points.

Some things never change. So frustrating.

Offline Skerra

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2021, 04:07:29 PM »
Why is it that as soon as we get to about 8th place, the team gets a nose bleed? Could have been 3 or 4 to Spurs to be fair.

Online Richard

• GM : 08.06.2024
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2021, 04:07:47 PM »
Going to be a mixed bag of results until the team is more settled. Not sure if the 3 at the back is the long term answer. Have a feeling our home form will be much better than our away this season.

Offline Vegas

• Location: N Yorks (user name is 10+ years old and was only briefly true)
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2021, 04:07:55 PM »

That’s a comment from 5 years ago. Most of our players have improved under this coaching regime.

Offline BC Villain

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2021, 04:08:31 PM »
Yet again infuriatingly inconsistent and not helped by Smith’s kamikaze in-game management.  When were good, we're such a good side.  When we're bad, we're so easy to play against.  Spurs barely got out of second gear, but didn't need to.

Ings and Watkins is not working at all.  There's no chemistry and they still look as if they've never clapped eyes on each other. 

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2021, 04:08:45 PM »
Diabolical performance really. Spurs were up for it, we weren't.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal