collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Villa Park Redevelopment by langleylions
[Today at 08:53:52 AM]

Gordon Cowans by Pete3206
[Today at 08:51:36 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by algy
[Today at 08:04:45 AM]

FFP by Chris Harte
[Today at 07:52:57 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Allan C
[Today at 06:23:47 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by langleylions
[Today at 08:53:52 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Pete3206
[Today at 08:51:36 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Ads
[Today at 08:47:18 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Villan82
[Today at 08:43:09 AM]

[Today at 08:38:11 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Villan82
[Today at 08:34:31 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Gareth
[Today at 08:27:22 AM]

[Today at 08:26:47 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Spurs 2 Aston Villa 1 Post match thread.  (Read 11685 times)

Offline Allan C

Re: Spurs 2 Aston Villa 1 Post match thread.
« Reply #165 on: October 04, 2021, 11:33:02 AM »
After following the villa for 50+ years there is one word I associate with them more than anything...Frustrating.
Indeed, should be the nickname!!!

Offline passport1

• "I'm a believer mate"
« Reply #166 on: October 04, 2021, 12:59:39 PM »
I decided to to watch the Sky replay of the game last night having read the remarks on here. Frankly I think a lot of posters are lets say getting a bit 'emotional' with their judgements. The first 20 mins was pretty even, Spurs were pinned back most of the time. They got a goal from a mistake by McGinn and after that played very high snapping into tackles whenever we tried to feed the ball into the strikers.
We took the game to them in the second half and equalised with a pretty well worked goal. They then caught us again when Cash was in an advanced position and Song isolated Hause then stood him up then used his pace to get past him.
As for managing the last 5mins they took the ball to the corner and kept it there.
One of those days I am afraid but certainly not the disaster some seem to think.

Offline Villa Lew

• GM : 16.08.2024
« Reply #167 on: October 04, 2021, 03:14:33 PM »
As he is not in the Argentina squad, I would bring Buendia into the starting line up against Wolves, probably at the expense of Ramsey, who has done well, but maybe needs a few matches out of the spotlight.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #168 on: October 04, 2021, 03:42:37 PM »
Nakamba would have given the ball away just as much if not more than the rest of them though
And wouldn’t have gone forward with the ball In an positive manner

So I’m not convinced it would have been the right call

Ramsey was lost today...

But taking him off and bringing in Buendia left us even more open in midfield

Nakamba for Hause...would have made us a lot more solid I think. Luiz was decent enough though...McGinn forced everything today, I like to see him trying a defence splitting pass...but not every single time he gets on the ball

I don’t think he was lost, certainly no more so than anyone else
It’s just a casual throwaway line which makes no sense and isn’t true

Not saying he had a great game. but he wasn’t lost imo

He didn't affect the game in any way for us. A complete passenger unfortunately. The fact he came from our academy shouldn't mean he is immune from criticism after a poor performance. 

Online SamTheMouse

• Location: The Land of the Fragrant Founders of Human Rights, Fine Wines & Bikinis
  • GM : 03.11.2024
« Reply #169 on: October 04, 2021, 03:50:29 PM »
No but the fact that he's only 20 should earn him a bit of leeway, surely. He's just a babbie!

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #170 on: October 04, 2021, 04:06:58 PM »
Nakamba would have given the ball away just as much if not more than the rest of them though
And wouldn’t have gone forward with the ball In an positive manner

So I’m not convinced it would have been the right call

Ramsey was lost today...

But taking him off and bringing in Buendia left us even more open in midfield

Nakamba for Hause...would have made us a lot more solid I think. Luiz was decent enough though...McGinn forced everything today, I like to see him trying a defence splitting pass...but not every single time he gets on the ball

I don’t think he was lost, certainly no more so than anyone else
It’s just a casual throwaway line which makes no sense and isn’t true

Not saying he had a great game. but he wasn’t lost imo

He didn't affect the game in any way for us. A complete passenger unfortunately. The fact he came from our academy shouldn't mean he is immune from criticism after a poor performance. 

Nor should it mean that he is the 1st to be criticised
No one affected the game too much outside of the actual goal scored

Like I said I’m not saying he had a great game at all but he was no different from 10 other players on the pitch
I still saw him do some good things always positive looking to take the more forward as usual
I don’t think he was as bad as you say but that’s only my opinion

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #171 on: October 04, 2021, 04:18:42 PM »
Utter tosh.

Passing diabolical, second to everything.

How come we can all see that Watkins and Ings doesn't work, but Dean insists on starting them both repeatedly ?

Because they've played a handful of games, and whilst it isn't flourishing just yet, they've both scored goals and both know how to. We need an adaptable system, with adaptable players. Give them time.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #172 on: October 04, 2021, 04:25:43 PM »
Utter tosh.

Passing diabolical, second to everything.

How come we can all see that Watkins and Ings doesn't work, but Dean insists on starting them both repeatedly ?

Because they've played a handful of games, and whilst it isn't flourishing just yet, they've both scored goals and both know how to. We need an adaptable system, with adaptable players. Give them time.
So how many games should it take to work?

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #173 on: October 04, 2021, 04:29:47 PM »
The problem is, when Bailey's fit, the only way to fit him, Buendia, Ings and Watkins in to the same side is to play 4-4-2, and I don't think our midfield will cope with that.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #174 on: October 04, 2021, 04:44:41 PM »
The problem is, when Bailey's fit, the only way to fit him, Buendia, Ings and Watkins in to the same side is to play 4-4-2, and I don't think our midfield will cope with that.

They won't...Smith will know I'm sure what has to be done here and ultimately it's to drop Ings...but that means upsetting his new big money forward.

Realistically we are looking at a formation similar to Liverpool. 2 out of Traore, AEG, Buendia and Bailey. 1 from Watkins and Ings. 3 from Luiz, Ramsey, Nakamba, McGinn, Sanson. Everyone fully fit and personally I think we have a player too many....

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #175 on: October 04, 2021, 06:21:57 PM »

They won't...Smith will know I'm sure what has to be done here and ultimately it's to drop Ings...but that means upsetting his new big money forward.

Realistically we are looking at a formation similar to Liverpool. 2 out of Traore, AEG, Buendia and Bailey. 1 from Watkins and Ings. 3 from Luiz, Ramsey, Nakamba, McGinn, Sanson. Everyone fully fit and personally I think we have a player too many....

I dont think its a given he’ll drop Ings when everyones fit, i can see a three of him, Watkins and Bailey  at times. At other times beundia and bailey on either side of ollie or Ings

Offline dcdavecollett

« Reply #176 on: October 09, 2021, 07:10:08 PM »
I read here that Ramsey made no contribution in the game.

Please explain then how on my screen he was involved in the move that lead to our equaliser? So much so he was caught by a late tackle that rightly brought the offender a booking.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal